"Hacked" - What would you do?

Feannag

Veteran XV
So far in leveling my rogue to 70 I buddied up with a paladin. They were always up for smashing through dungeons even if one was a little lower than I was (66 to my 69). Anytime I get a whisper from him the other day. Apparently he was trying to trade his pally for a rogue to try it out and he fucked up big time. The guy he traded with logged into his account, sold all his gear, emptied his bank, and mailed all the gold to a friend. Friend managed to get control of the account back, but the damage was already done. He was planning on deleting the paladin because "there's no point" but I convinced him to just level up another toon and you can make enough gold to buy some AH greens to recover. Because deletion at that point seemed silly, especially considering when we all started there was no gold to buy shit with. Had to make it ourselves at some point or another.

So if you lose your only 60+ main like that, would you quit/deletion to truck it out and try and recover?

I have little enough money have is, and I've only known him a couple of days. Myself and the other pally offered to run his alt through dungeons but he logged before I could tell them and I don't know the name of his alt.

I'll see if I can spare some gold, 67% to 70 and I scarcely have 300g of the 900g needed for even the regular flying mount. Also I forgot about the petition and I don't know if he knew. Would that actually work?

"Real deal" on my rogue? I got her to around 66 and then left for a few months. I didn't bother to hoard gold like I did on my hunter when I got her to 70. When I did that, I had the gold when I hit 70. And that was doing all of Hellfire, Zang, Nagrand, and some of BEM. The rogue, on the other hand, had no such bank. I spent roughly 400g on two blue daggers (Ced's Carver and Crystal-Infused Shiv) before I left at 66. So I'm sure that's where most of it came from. But as a mut build I'm pretty sure I want a much faster dagger so I'll probably end up selling one of them to make some money back.

I should also mention on my realm herbs have shitty prices right now. I've watched prices on Dreaming Glory and Felweed consistently drop the past few weeks and even at min. bid/BO on AH they still come back.

...this is a joke right? tell the dumb nigger to report it to a GM and have his shit restored. Christ you have been playing WoW how long?

ummm you make maybe 300g leveling 1-60. he can farm fire primals in blade's edge and make 100g an hour. Hmmm 150-170 hours leveling a new toon or 6 hours farming primals (and leveling).

Why not petition and get your shit restored?

^^^ YES, HAVE HIM DO SO IMMEDIATELY.

File what happened and ask for restoration. If the char is basically stripped, this oughta be obvious. He doesnt even have to explain what happened, just say that somebody hacked his account.

...this is a joke right? tell the dumb nigger to report it to a GM and have his shit restored. Christ you have been playing WoW how long?

I've been playing long enough to to fall for such a "trade" that would surely compromise my main account. And there was only one time I needed an item restored and it was never done. Rogue/Feral boots dropped off Princess in BRD, I won them as the log said but I never got them. Filled out a ticket and I got no response but the general canned one and no boots.

If I can get in touch with him again I'll tell him. Remember he never told me his alt's name so I have to hope he signs into his pally again.

ummm you make maybe 300g leveling 1-60. he can farm fire primals in blade's edge and make 100g an hour. Hmmm 150-170 hours leveling a new toon or 6 hours farming primals (and leveling).

I just levelled a horde druid from 1-40 and made 200g, and that was with skinning and herbalism. You'd make even more with skinning/mining. Sell everything on the AH that isn't gray trash. It's not hard at all.

I just levelled a horde druid from 1-40 and made 200g, and that was with skinning and herbalism. You'd make even more with skinning/mining. Sell everything on the AH that isn't gray trash. It's not hard at all.

It's a lot easier getting a mule to do that (which is second nature to me). This is especially viable now with instant mail between toons on the same account. You empty your greens and other sale ables into the mailbox. End of night, log into the mule, pull it all out of hte mailbox, and put it on Auction. I have found if you're Alliance SW or IF has the closest distance from AH to bank. I think SW is a tad shorter, but not enough to make a difference unless you're anal. Horde-side it's TB hands down. Literally a straight, linear 35 - 45 yard path without any turns.

You make a druid on Tich? I think I might roll a druid there too.

A guildmate had his tier3'd out rogue hacked and everything vendored a year ago or so and had no problems. It took them a week or so to get everything together (nowadays I hear it's much faster turnaround) and they gave him back everything but the gold that was on his character since evidently that's not as easy to trace. Luckily he was like me and had most of his cash on a level1 mule so they didn't get a couple thousand gold but I'm sure he doesn't click random links on WoW forums anymore :p

Just say he got hacked, unless he was retarded enough to talk about trading in game chat.

They'll just ask if you bought gold or shared your account info and tell you not to in the future.

Back