Soloing LvL 4 missions

Brontez

Contributor
Anyone have any advice/tips to make this easier?

I now have access to a couple of high quality lvl 4 agents (command, Caldari Navy) and I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

I have a Drake and a Rokh, both with tech2 defenses. I'm a meat 'n' potatoes player, I don't use EW at all, my training (for these ships) is primarily in rails, missiles, torps, shield tanking resists and extenders. Both ships have tech 2 drones and I switch off between caldari and galente with occasional ammar drones when the missions calls for it. I have yet to run away from a lvl 3 mission and am feeling pretty confident about lvl4 but want to get some idea of what to expect since it sounds like these were originally intended to be gang missions :eek:

Thx in advance :)

Also, will I see a noticable difference in rewards between a Q-6 and a Q-18 agent? The Q-6 is in a reasonably quiet looking area, the 18 is in what looks like a heavy traffic zone :(

Last edited:
Raven w/ T2 cruises (heavy nos + misc also), XL booster II, T2 hardeners, cap injector, 2x invuln II. Lows of 2x PDSII, 1x DCII, 2x BCSII. Cap rigs will help alot with sustaining your tank. Use hardeners specific to the mission, know which frigs scramble and kill them first. Only downside is you rely on your drones to kill small shit (although T2 drones will help alot), just they can cause wonky aggro.

Higher quality agent, your LP rewards will be much better (what nets you most of your cash).

You can solo L4's, just might take a little while longer and you can get screwed if you happen to aggro the entire level, so be ready to warp out and watch out for the scrambling frigates, especially when you start. If you can find a buddy to shield boost in a logistics ship or kill the small shit for you, it can greatly reduce your time in the mission and you can really grind LP.

I had 2 friends who used to do L4's in a raven/domi and rush them for maximum LP. I tagged along a couple times to kill small shit and pick up free loot in a cruiser. I helped the guy in his raven when the domi wasn't around sometimes. I was going to pair up with him in a scimitar (was training to hacs/recons anyway), but he quit before I got the training done.

Alternatively, you could have a shield transporting osprey alt in something like a week with the new starter chars.

Last edited:
The fleet crap like BS's, dictors, inties aren't bad, especially since the price on T2 guns have dropped significantly. It's the shit like half a billion isk command ships and quarter billion recons that would be fun to fly, but you don't get many chances to correct your mistakes unless you have deep pockets.

use eveinfo.com or eve-info.com and make sure you have t2 passives and 2 actives for your shields of every type and also missles of everytype in your agent station. This makes it sooooo much easier

Back