[Official] Saints vs. Bears NFC Championship

My girlfriends dad is the DB coach for the Saints so I'm obligated to root for them even though I like the Pats because I lived in Boston for a while.

In reality Bears struggle with the run. Especially without Alex Brown in the middle. When he went injured my hopes of a superbowl died there. I'm not saying before that I was all 100% sure of anything, it's just that he was a force and without him our front line isn't getting sacks without the DBs help.

Saints are going to run all over us, it will come down to how we hold in the red zone. If we can hold them to field goals I think we have a decent chance at winning this.

That being said, I don't know a lot about the Saints defense.

there is a lot of interest in this game, compared to Pats/Colts

This game for me is just more fun all around. I dunno I see pats vs colts and I want to yawn. DUnno why really just not that interested.

Bears and saints however those are two teams that I can sink my teeth into. I'm honestly not picking a fav i'm just going to enjoy the game. I'll admit to wanting to see da bears in a bowl game but i'd be happy to see the saints make it as well.

I do agree that either of them will get crushed when they get there but It's always great to have an underdog to root for.

In reality Bears struggle with the run. Especially without Alex Brown in the middle. When he went injured my hopes of a superbowl died there. I'm not saying before that I was all 100% sure of anything, it's just that he was a force and without him our front line isn't getting sacks without the DBs help.

Saints are going to run all over us, it will come down to how we hold in the red zone. If we can hold them to field goals I think we have a decent chance at winning this.

That being said, I don't know a lot about the Saints defense.

First off you mean Tommy Harris. Alex Brown is a defensive end and healthy. :)

Tank Johnson is getting back on track and should be able to shore up the middle for us. He is no Tommy Harris but he is talented.

I love this, a HUGE majority of the country is saying the Saints are going to win. Thank you for giving the Bears all the motivation they needed. We have been missing that chip on our shoulder ever since Mike Brown went down. He was a catalyst for our D and losing him hurt more then anyone ever could have predicted. I think losing Tommy was less of a factor.

I think it will be a close game. Bears 27-24.

Last edited:
The Saints will not win simply on weather. They will look uncomfortable, and their play will reflect it.

Prediction, Bears 16 Saints 10

Saints played in a shitty weather game in New York and they pasted the Giants. Its not like everyone on the Saints has only lived in New Orleans and has never seen snow.

Weather can be overrated.

I'm picking the Saints. ChiTown D is simply running out of gas. Yes, Seattle has some great offensive weapons, but that game was as close as it was because Chicago's D is tired. And their O isn't even in the same league as New Orleans'.

I'm expecting it'll be more like a 10-point spread, though. I'm thinking maybe something like 21/24-14, Saints.
Chicago D is "tired"? I guess that's what you call it when you lose your #1 on the D-line and your #1 in the secondary. As far as points, Bears are tied for #2 in the league with 26.7, Saints are 5th with 25.8, so... And turnover ratio? Bears are +8, Saints -4. HMM.

Here are a couple of shots I took when I went down to see them before the playoffs:

n170022953250825352570cb.jpg

n170022953250825249996st.jpg

n170022953250825147342hh.jpg

n17002295323836545407dr.jpg

n170022953238365713781oi.jpg

n170022953228155725238xd.jpg

n17002295322815518186fb.jpg

n170022953228155828027rm.jpg

n170022953228155622474kg.jpg

I chatted with Harry Connick Jr on the sideline for a second when he was standing alone after talking on his cellphone. I said I was a big fan and he replied "Thanks man. Movies or music?" I said both and he just sort of smiled and then we chatted about the game.

Last edited:
sharp that is pretty fucken cool you get that close to the game
Yeah I was cheezin the whole time.. I was pretty out of place because there was the whole football team and staff and then a bunch of guys in suits and other people doing their jobs and I was just standing there in jeans and a tshirt.

Back