Andrews t1 demo parser,

Pachacutec

Veteran X
how did it work? did the scripting language expose all events in some sort demo playback api? if so, how was it run from command line as a seperate process, or did andrew have to wrap it somehow...

andrew if you're around feel free to answer :)

there was never a link for it, basically andrew had a stats page for a lot of the community where he aggregated stats from match demos. he then applied some algorithm to rank you based on your caps kills ratios etc...

Yeah it's just powered off normal presto-style events, either parsed out of the server messages or through remote server events from zadmin/fstat. .rec parsing HAD been one of my dreams because setting Tribes to autorun all your demos just to stat them was tedious, but I've never managed to reverse the netcode format.

It spits out .html files that were just parsed out and loaded into a database with code that makes me want to kill myself now.

http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/scripts/StatHUD.zip

no this is a really clever idea andrew. definitley ahead of its time. i'm wondering if something similar is possible with bf2... thanks for answering.

Back