Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Oblivion
Reload this Page CRASHES!
MC Hamster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 05-09-2006, 07:48
GAH! I just recently picked up a copy, having initially told myself I'd hold off until putting a new computer together but got bored.. anyway, I can't get over how much this damn thing is crashing.

It's almost constant.. loading a game seems a 50/50 thing.. kill something? uh oh, roll the dice... just swinging your sword? dang, watch it go.

I've patched it up to the latest version.. but it's still just awful.. I don't think I've ever seen a game this crash-happy. It's really damn annoying.

Anyway.. are there some common "check this" things that are specific to oblivion? or is it just the usual spiel?

Sponsored Links
Fatman
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 05-09-2006, 08:27
turn the music off in the ini file in my docs.. that solved 95% of crashes for me..

MC Hamster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 05-09-2006, 08:37
cheers, will give it a try. For now.. bedtime. Wonder if the Dark Brotherhood will come for me???

Akela
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 05-09-2006, 12:26
Well, have you offed the Umbra lady yet?

MC Hamster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 05-09-2006, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akela
Well, have you offed the Umbra lady yet?
I haven't even made it to Kvatch, but, having forgotten how the leveling system in Morrowind works, I got it all backwards and picked a class that focused on the way I wanted to play, instead of the opposite, so now I'm leveling up like crazy while a heap of skills I need are getting left behind..

MC Hamster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 05-11-2006, 00:09
Ok.. crash problem solved, music did the trick (yay!)

Have now gone through the oblivion gate in kvatch, fought/saved my way through the tower thingy in oblivion (godDAMN those guys hit hard)... got back, and the damn guards go into 'berserker suicide' mode trying to clear out Kvatch. I mean.. one Clannfear is a prick to kill (seriously.. those things hit hard), let alone a couple, and some flame atronachs, and the scamps, and all the rest...

The guys just get slaughtered, then all the bad guys turn on me.

I'm not impressed.

Akela
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 05-11-2006, 12:33
Get yourself a good hench. I installed the Levy Creature Companion mod and bought a mountain lion at the Weynon Priory. She seems to be levelling with me and now she really kicks ass. Lots of hp she has.

But if you're on 360.. sucks to be you.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 05-11-2006, 22:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hamster
Ok.. crash problem solved, music did the trick (yay!)

Have now gone through the oblivion gate in kvatch, fought/saved my way through the tower thingy in oblivion (godDAMN those guys hit hard)... got back, and the damn guards go into 'berserker suicide' mode trying to clear out Kvatch. I mean.. one Clannfear is a prick to kill (seriously.. those things hit hard), let alone a couple, and some flame atronachs, and the scamps, and all the rest...

The guys just get slaughtered, then all the bad guys turn on me.

I'm not impressed.

i found parts of the game to be an unfun level of difficult. turn the difficulty down a bit and its still challenging but a lot more fun.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Oblivion
Reload this Page CRASHES!

Social Website Bullshit