Investing in digital currency

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
So I'm sure this has been brought up before here, but I'm new to the party. I am interested in investing in a variety of digital currencies not named bitcoin (eth, litecoin, Ripple/XRM, IOTA, NEM, etc..) but I can't find a single exchange that has them all.

Which are the good exchanges on there? Good fees, security, can buy/sell quickly, etc..
Which are the good multi-currency wallets?

twty

Last edited:
sure, trade your gold for 1's and 0's. good idea.. especially considering, well you know, every fucking thing going on in the world?

:lol:

Buy/Sell from Coinbase/GDAX (same company, GDAX more complicated but less fees).

Trade on Bittrex.

Use 2FA and avoid phishing websites (usually the "Google Ad" website at top of search). Make sure you're on the right site and then favorite it.

:weird:

Just so I have the process right, put say $1000 into your coinbase wallet and convert that to bitcoin. Then trade the bitcoin to the various altcoins that you want, and then put that back into your coinbase wallet? This is for investing, not day trading.

coinbase won't hold altcoins for you (except ltc/eth). you'd have to hold the altcoins at the exchange you bought them from or set up a wallet specifically for that altcoin.

Coins can only go in their respective wallet (for the most part). BTC can only go in a BTC wallet. LTC in an LTC wallet. ETH in an ETH wallet. There are a few exceptions (Ethereum has a lot of "ERC20 Tokens" that can be placed in PRIVATE ETH wallets, exchanges will have their own separate wallets for each token).

Usually sites will have warnings reminding you that if you send anything other than that specific coin to that wallet, it will be lost forever.

super trap must have lost money or something on altcoins.. Such hate for how other people spend their money.

Back