Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 4 of 8

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   did validuz really go to full sail university or is that a joke? (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629266)

zorro 03-07-2011 01:14

yet you're still here defending yourself

kazan 03-07-2011 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254183)
That's also true. Had I known anything about gs or gd.net I would've.

The opportunity came up, and I took it without thinking it through clearly. Young and stupid. :shrug:

I'm pretty glad I didn't fall into it. It would have been pretty easy to do so.

HelenKeller 03-07-2011 01:15

keke

streetwi$e 03-07-2011 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by reZolut (Post 16254187)
i'm only a lowly honors degree holder with a professional charter :(

you're right, you're clearly smarter

what charter do you hold? im currently getting chartered but it seems pointless for the money and time i put no one seems to care about certs/chartered things now unless you have experience to match and i dont yet

im still getting the charter but it will not really help me until later in life

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaPpY (Post 16254198)
so what are you up to now anyway?

Something I enjoy. I get to actually use my natural disposition towards proper aesthetics. I don't even have to work full-time right now. It's pretty much at my leisure, although I'm not making a ton, I'm content. :D

I don't think I would've enjoyed programming all week as a career, especially with the way programmers are treated at most companies.

Hats off to the guys who do it though (except for the failure java "programmers").

ayz 03-07-2011 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254197)
Nah, grade-wise, I was fine. I just didn't give enough of a **** back then.

no, you really weren't. the fact that you think "grade wise" you were ok just backs it up

streetwi$e 03-07-2011 01:22

edit pmed him instead

streetwi$e 03-07-2011 01:24

see pm

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic (Post 16254203)
I'm pretty glad I didn't fall into it. It would have been pretty easy to do so.

I never got to attend any of the "campus tours" or I definitely wouldn't have gone.

There was a point a couple months in, right after the difficult/early programming classes where we had to take "general education" courses, one being Archetypes and Mythology (or something equally worthless in the long run). We took personality tests, quickly shared the results from person to person around the room and each of us told the class why we came there. When I heard that 80-90% of the guys there wanted to "graduate and immediately become lead game designers" and that they were all a drastically different personality type from me, I knew I ****ed up. I knew if those naive kids/young guys were there over something that idiotic and unrealistic, this wasn't the school for me.

It was an awful day. I didn't want to quit and potentially be ****ed, so I just tried to ignore it. I figured I was just psyching myself out. I had to keep telling myself to just ride it out and finish.

So stupid. What a waste.

ayz 03-07-2011 01:25

who the **** is this streetwise kid

Tom Bombadill 03-07-2011 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetwi$e (Post 16254199)
where u go to school at age 18 has a lot to do with your parents and social/family environment

even if your smart you can be in the wrong direction, **** happens most people regret what they picked at age 18, no one will admit it though

i respect people like ayz that went to duke and had their act together but ayz is also asian and probably had a strong family network pushing him

val from what he says was basically left on his own

im not an eknight for val im just being realistic about it, if he admits it was a mistake then fine his biggest error was trying to pass it off as a real degree and lieing about his "other" degree

it would also help if val was not such a douche on a regular basis

There is alot of malice in these kinds of threads. On one hand you have a bunch of posters wanting to make Val feel embarrassed and ****ty. On the other hand you have Val who desperately wants to defend himself.

No love:argue:

Data 03-07-2011 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254147)
Gave development = game programming = C++/C#. Not design. Or at least, not when I attended.

Harvard is $160k vs 50k. Don't know exactly what math you're using, but of course, this is coming from the fat loser who had half-naked anime/pedophile images in his sig that he meticulously placed his name on over 400 of them to show everyone what a basement-dwelling loser he is.

You can't distinguish facts from obvious exaggeration.

This is why you went to Full Sail and not a real university.

Also, it's funny that I know more about your school than you do.

Code4 03-07-2011 01:29

btw data isn't fat

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayz (Post 16254218)
no, you really weren't. the fact that you think "grade wise" you were ok just backs it up

:shrug: Vast majority of the grades were A's. Rarely did I get a B. I never studied once or did a single piece of homework (which counted towards your grade at my HS). I used to sleep in class (except for maybe 1-2 teachers that weren't excruciating to listen to) or just altogether not go due to the crazy headaches I'd get.

Learning was never an issue for me. The problem I think was a lack of motivation.

Data 03-07-2011 01:30

BTW Code4 is a handsome gentleman.

Code4 03-07-2011 01:31

everyone already knows that data

pancaketitties 03-07-2011 01:31

little known fact: mitsu went to full sail

foam party education ftw

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadill (Post 16254231)
There is alot of malice in these kinds of threads. On one hand you have a bunch of posters wanting to make Val feel embarrassed and ****ty. On the other hand you have Val who desperately wants to defend himself.

No love:argue:

I don't need to defend myself. I only respect 2-3 posters' opinions on the entire forum.

If I was even remotely accepted by the vast majority of you, I'd know I was doing something wrong. :x


Quote:

Originally Posted by Data (Post 16254233)
You can't distinguish facts from obvious exaggeration.

This is why you went to Full Sail and not a real university.

Also, it's funny that I know more about your school than you do.

Ah, gotcha. Whenever you get caught in a lie, pretend it was just exaggeration. 10-4, anime pedophile.

reZolut 03-07-2011 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayz (Post 16254228)
who the **** is this streetwise kid

hint: serial rapist

streetwi$e 03-07-2011 01:31

ugh no

Data 03-07-2011 01:31

Yeah but I'm the king of redundancy.

Wow you guys post ****ing fast...

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:32

Any more questions before I nod off for a bit? :>

Code4 03-07-2011 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by reZolut (Post 16254249)
hint: serial rapist

are his initials jason kotz of serial raping the elderly fame?

Pagy 03-07-2011 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Data (Post 16254233)
You can't distinguish facts from obvious exaggeration.

This is why you went to Full Sail and not a real university.

Also, it's funny that I know more about your school than you do.

nononono you still misunderstand.

He has another mystery school where he graduated with an "engineering degree".

Im still laughing at his supposed parttime job that requires a "disposition for proper aesthetics"

Im thinkin groundskeeper.

Data 03-07-2011 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254248)

Ah, gotcha. Whenever you get caught in a lie, pretend it was just exaggeration. 10-4, anime pedophile.

Yeah, cuz that's exactly what happened.

You latched onto the exaggerations and ignored the facts in your reply. Convenient, but hopelessly transparent. :(

Data 03-07-2011 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagy (Post 16254255)
nononono you still misunderstand.

He has another mystery school where he graduated with an "engineering degree".

Im still laughing at his supposed parttime job that requires a "disposition for proper aesthetics"

Im thinkin groundskeeper.

I can get an "Engineering Degree" from any number of diploma farms in the Caribbean too.

I actually know a crazy ***** who got her "PhD" that way. :lol:

reZolut 03-07-2011 01:35

i'm laughing at the part time job too

dude is ****ing failing at life

Vanster 03-07-2011 01:35

Disposition for proper aesthetics?

wtf job requires that? Maybe I'll start a list of jobs that would require such a disposition. I'm doing what I feel I must.

ayz 03-07-2011 01:35

yes val why are you such a douche

Pagy 03-07-2011 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanster (Post 16254262)
Disposition for proper aesthetics?

wtf job requires that? Maybe I'll start a list of jobs that would require such a disposition. I'm doing what I feel I must.

Im still stuck on groundskeeper.


Or a Subway sandwich artist.

Validuz 03-07-2011 01:39

:lol:

G'nite.

Data 03-07-2011 01:41

Disposition for Proper Aesthetics

This is Validouche code for: I sell furniture at Rooms 2 Go.

Pagy 03-07-2011 01:42

Ikea maybe?

Data 03-07-2011 01:46

Yeah, I guess that's possible.

Rooms 2 Go might be out of his league.

GreyGhost 03-07-2011 01:47

A fluffer for The Dog Whisperer.

zorro 03-07-2011 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Data (Post 16254275)
Disposition for Proper Aesthetics

This is Validouche code for: I sell furniture at Rooms 2 Go.

maybe he got his plastic surgery degree from full sail????

reZolut 03-07-2011 01:48

guys guys

val has two degrees. think higher class

salesperson at moores

LogRoller 03-07-2011 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254197)
Nah, grade-wise, I was fine. I just didn't give enough of a **** back then.

I already said exactly this many times. Stop reading what the retards say.

And I'm not getting trolled.

not getting trolled, huh?

ayz 03-07-2011 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 16254211)
Something I enjoy. I get to actually use my natural disposition towards proper aesthetics. I don't even have to work full-time right now. It's pretty much at my leisure, although I'm not making a ton, I'm content. :D

I don't think I would've enjoyed programming all week as a career, especially with the way programmers are treated at most companies.

Hats off to the guys who do it though (except for the failure java "programmers").

LOL I just read this

"the reason i have a part time job is because i don't enjoy the way i'd be treated at a full-time job"

i mean there's being delusional or naive and then there's just blatant lame attempts to validate yourself

Data 03-07-2011 02:01

Validate

Validuz

Coincidence?


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51.
Page 4 of 8

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC