[~100 pics + story] My trip through South-America.

sehvi

Veteran XX
As some of you might have read somewhere on this forum in the past few months i have been travelling together with a friend through South-America. We visited Brazil, Bolivia, Chili for just a few days and then went into Peru where we finished our trip. The route we took wasn't the best route actually.. (since we also could have started in rio de janerio and then work our way up through argentina.. the middle of brazil is boring imo) but my mate wanted to celebrate christmas and new year with his family who flew in later to Brazil so we decided to start off in Salvador (Bahia, Brazil) and go down the coast a little to meet up with his family. To start off with something :) this is the route we took:

00%20theroute.jpg

After almost one month of being into Brazil our cameras and mobile phones got nicked.. so i don't have any pictures to provide from Salvador, and some places where we have been in between. It's too bad though because we had a great time there, visited the most beautifull tropical island i've ever seen in my life (google "morro de sao paulo" if you're interested) and we spent a month in arraial d'ajuda with my mates family and had a great time there too, with loads of parties at the beach and blabla..) so i'm kicking off with some pics of Brasilia (their capital). My mate made this pic with the lense open from our Hotel.. at the start of our trip we mainly slept in hotels which was stupid, because in hostals of course you meet all other travellers and do that drinking thing day in day out ;)

0001.jpg

They had a pretty sweet bridge in that city and the way it has been build (the infrastructure of the city) was nice to see, this is supposed to be brazil's richest city but the governmental buildings looked like shit hehe.

0002.jpg

The landscape in the middle of brazil is isn't really exciting, in my opinion (coming from a country which is FLAT) it was quite boring actually. So i was quite amazed that a guy who we met in Brasilia brought us to this place, which eventually down into the valley led us to a waterfall and a nice natural swimming pool.

003.jpg

This same guy actually helped us out a lot, he's a trance producer (if you're into goa trance you might know him, he and his mate are known as e-fact and they recently got signed at the japanese label "vision quest". so now they're gonna play all over the world.). He took us with him to a city a little bit south of Brasilia, the name is the city is Goianias, where he and his mate where supposed to play a live set in a club over there. Het got us in for free, had the club pay our stay in a fucking sweet hotel and got drunk as fuck on the club's expenses :D. He also pointed us out this cute little town called Perinopolis:

004.jpg

Where we went into this park (skipping all those pics..) where we saw this cute butterfly with transparant wings :)

005.jpg

After that we continued more to the south west of Brazil.. entering the worlds biggest swamp "the pantanal". The moment we got out of the bus in Campo Grande we got approached by backpacker-stalkin' advertisers who were trying to get us to join their organised tours through the pantanal and that's how we learned of the possibility to actually go into it and do some animal touchin' :heart:. This is the camp where we stranded, notice how it is build on poles to prevent it from getting soaked when the water is high during the rain season):

006.jpg

The location was pretty cool.. The camp was build next to the river.. and we stayed there for 4 days, did various things containing horseback :closet: riding (my fucking balls hurt at the end :disgust:), jeep safari (which was pretty neat), piranha fishing :) and in the evening you could just hang out, play volleybal with the brazillian kids, fish for more piranhas or just get drunk (like most people did) at the big community hall. It was cool to be stuck there for a few days with loads of people from all over the world. The guides were really bad ass too. Here's a pic of the river next to it:

007.jpg

Here is a picture of my mate fishing for piranhas.. it was quite easy to catch them :) just add a bowl of meat on your hook and you had one within 2 minutes haha.. pretty cool.

008.jpg

Last edited:
Meet John. John was the "tame" cayman lurking around in the river opposing our camp :huh:. John was a lovely animal though :) everytime when we went piranha fishing, it took like 2 minutes before he popped up in the water, mostly not more than a meter away from us, waiting like a dog for it's meal. Jep, John loved piranhas, and we got to feed him. Our guide told me that in the village where he grew up as a kid they had a really tame cayman. You could put your head in it's mouth and it wouldn't snap it off.

009.jpg

The sunset was gorgeous, at least that counts for the evenings when the sky was kinda clear.

010.jpg

The next day we went on jeep safari. The guide told us that it wasn't very likely to see snakes and such, since you see more animals when the pantanal is flooded, because they are all drawn to the dry places then. Well we were all hoping to see a anaconda or something.. We were lucky to stumble across a fucking boa-constrictor crossing the way right in front of us. The guide told us he hasn't seen any in over 5 years (i don't know if i should believe him.. i guess most tour guides tell you the shit you want to hear anyway.) Here it is:

011.jpg

The next thing you see is a tree, totally surrounded by another (parasite) tree. It was cool to see how one tree just lives off the other one :) I saw some pretty crazy shit later on in the rain forest too (in bolivia). There was a walking tree there, which basically had it's roots out of the ground, and every year it dismantled a few roots and grew roots into another direction (drawn to the places which catched the most sunrays of course :)).

012.jpg

Later on we went on a boat trip down the river.. I'm not going to post a lot of the cayman pics because we just have too much. But this one is just sweeeet.

013.jpg

This is the closest i went, and no fucking inch further than that. We had some maniacs in the camp who actually swom with em :) While i was touching it's tail it made an angry ANGRY hissing noise and went pissed off back into the water heh. And if you think i'm a pussy, go ahead and show your pics of you flashing your cock in front of an alligators nose then :D.

014.jpg

And of course our Pantanal experience came to an end.. *sob* and we got dropped off at the Bolivian border. We entered Bolivia and jesus... this place was a mess.. it was a small border town called "Quijarro" and it existed of 4 streets, which were more mud than concrete. From that town you can take the "death train" to the first city from that direction in Bolivia called Santa Cruz. We went to the trainstation, bought tickets for the next day, and decided to stay for a night. Next day: i'm sorry guys the train isn't running, they're on a strike. We: so when do you think we can leave this shithole then? He: probably in 2 or 3 days. So we bought a ticket for that time.. waited for another few days in another place (Puerto Suarez, a 15 minute taxi drive). The only positive thing about this is that we got some time to get used to the money over there.. you get 1035 bolivianos for 100 euro there.. My mate got a haircut for a fair 80 euro cents. And the barber was good at it too :) Ahahah.. and look at the posters in the barber shop, we just couldn't stop giggling. He even had britney spears hanging there!

015.jpg

Soooo.. after a night in that other place we went back to Quijarro.. And yes.. they were still on a strike *yay..*. Fuck this was a great great introduction to Bolivia, i've been there for 4 days and i already felt integrated. We decided to take the bus then.. And they told us to be at the busstation (actually.. it was more like a hangar which was about to fall apart) at 19:00. Well finally the bus arrived at like 03:30.. we kinda just camped at that hangar with all our stuff. My mate yelled my name while i was sleeping on a small car with my backpack and when i looked up he took a picture, cute isn't it?

016.jpg

Finally! after a 24 hour busride over a road full with holes we arrived in Santa Cruz. I was happy to see that this city was actually quite nice.. it turned out we had entered Bolivia from the most under-developed part.. so it was nice to get at a nice city, we stayed in a great hotel, we came in on friday so we went partied in the weekend. Jesus fucking christ, let me tell you one thing, Bolivian women are buttugly.. but the women hanging around in this city were so gorgeous. Oh my god.. this was almost better than brazil (fuck no, nothing beats brazil and it's mini bikini's). Here's a picture of Santa Cruz:

017.jpg

After that we went to a small town which was supposed to have a beautifull surrounding and cool semi jungle treks and such.. but due to heavy rain (wee smart dutchies decide to travel in south america in the rain season!) nothing was possible to do.. So what do you do? Yep.. make use of the availability of coca leafs, chew em all day and get boozed up.

018.jpg

And when you're getting pretty fucked, just watch the scenery around you (and believe me, i've seen them on a bike with 6 over there).

019.jpg

Well since there was nothing to do there.. we headed back to santa cruz and went to Samaipata (the place where Che Quevara, or how the fuck i am supposed to write his name, got shot to death.) This place was beaaaautifull! It was located in the fresh fresh start of the Andes.. Because the altitude wasn't that high (aprox. 2200 meters) there was loads of vegetation over there and fuck man.. that was so beautifull..

020.jpg

School's out! Funny to see them all wearing the costumes and such.

020_1.jpg

Last edited:
We visited another waterfall.. which was close to Samaipata. It was nice to see how the water turned semi-red. The soil over there was red too so that kinda makes sense eh.. It was more aggresive than normal due to excessive rain fall..

021.jpg

On the way back we encountered a truck which fell over and shitloads of panicking bolivians, they're crazy man over there they drive so fast on those dodgy mountain roads.

022.jpg

A while later we did a mountain trip.. with a guide from there who showed us all around.. it was just stunning.. the pictures don't do them justice.

023.jpg

At the end of the day we visited some ruins, i don't remember the name of the tribe of whom it was from.. but they were cannibals and ate loads of indians over there :lol:

024.jpg

While walking around at those ruins we found a small but very beautifull caterpillar which i really have to post :).

025.jpg

Because of the heavy rain fall the busses to our next destination, Sucre, weren't driving.. so we bought off this taxi driver for 120 euros (with the 3 of us) to bring us there. It was a 15 hour taxi drive :D he played cumbia (native) music the whole time drove us through the mountains into a biiiiig valley which kinda turned into a desert and was full with cactii ala mexicano. Beautifull scenery, we've been so stupid to not take any pictures :(. And then finally we got to Sucre.. getting into a higher altitude too.. i think it's around ~2800 meters.

026.jpg

It was a beautifull city.. i really loved it.. too bad we only stayed for 2 days but schedules schedules eh.. I had an impression of Bolivia that it would be really dangerous in the cities and everything.. i guess when you go off the "gringo/tourist trail" you'll encounter the real Bolivia though.. but most of the places where we went it was safe.. well.. in some way :) Loads of cops everywhere.. shit man.

027.jpg

Didn't your parents tell you not to take a piss in the middle of the street when the dutch paparazzi is around?

028.jpg

And didn't your owners tell you to go for someone who's in your own league? :)

029.jpg

After walking around and getting more and more used to Bolivian culture (i've seen more kids pissing in the middle of crowded streets later on in La Paz.. haha) it was time to move on to the next city.. It's named Potosi and is the highest city in the Bolivia (4100 meters high!). Because of the altitude it was fucking hard to breath over there.. fuck.. picture's a bit dark, my apologies for that but it can't be helped.

030.jpg

After being there for a day we learned that Potosi was the richest city in south america.. because of the biggest silver mine located right next to it.. so we decided to go and take a look with a tour.. on the way to there they told us to buy some dynamite (!) and coca leafs for the miners because they love presents and will show you around a little bit. DID YOU READ THAT? BUY SOME DYNAMITE? that was fucking sweet :D and fuck no we didn't buy sticks of dynamite only for them.. (oh and.. you could buy sticks of dynamite over there for the scandalous amount of € 1,50.)

031.jpg

Last edited:
The working conditions over there were terrible.. They don't expect you to work longer than 10 to 15 years.. most people pass away due to a infamous mine workers desease.. i forgot the name. Others die because of all the other ways your body eventually says NO. The mines were dodgy as fuck too.. mine workers team up in groups to find silver.. sometimes groups get into fights and they don't hesitate to blow each other up with dynamite. The mines were strange too hehe.. from one moment to another the path just goes down vertically and stuff like that:

031_1.jpg

Harr harr.. the best part came at the end, blowing up some of our own stash.. the guides helped us make our own dynamite and we got to hold it in our hands while it was burning (nevermind the expression on my face telling you that the 5 year old kid inside me was taking the overhand for a moment ;)):

032.jpg

After that it was time to move on.. as usual.. we went to Uyuni. Yes THE UYUNI where i in my opinion had the best experience in my whole life.. Uyuni itself is a shithole of a town located next to the Bolivian salt flats.. but this this shithole has loads of tour agencies offering you a 3 day tour into the salt flats and all the other extraordinary scenery around that place.. So directly we hopped onto a jeep and rid off into insanity! But before it all started we first met the cutest little Bolivian girl ever (she wanted us to eat cheese with her and didn't stop hugging my mate's leg). Just look at the picture and melt.. :)

033.jpg

We met this cute girl at the first stop of our tour.. at a salt refinery. Makes sense though.. having a refinery next to a salt flat heh.. And yes this is it.. Because it was party underwater it looked even more beautifull than it does normally.. you get crazy.. crazy reflections! you will see later on.

034.jpg

Fancy-me posing in front of the beginning of the salt flats.

035.jpg

So yea.. we made loads and loads of pictures, trying to capture that deep essence of human life (err..)

036.jpg

This one is cool though, look at my mate walking on my hand.

037.jpg

While we driving with our jeep deeper into the salt flat, a big bus passed us, it looked so insane seeing the water fly up (it was party flooded, the salt flat that is) and see the water flying up reflect inside of the water just like the bus did.. crazy shit.. picture doesn't do this justice!

038.jpg

Eventually we stopped at the fish island to have lunch, and while they were preparing the lunch it gave us some time to walk around and make some pictures.. it was stunning, i think this place including the flats around it is the most beautifull place i have ever been in my life (keep in mind that i am from holland and if you know how ugly this country is you can relate my enthousiasm :))

039.jpg

Last edited:
This whole island was totally overgrown by cactii.. I have not the slightest idea how they ended up here but they sure as hell added a magical feeling to whole scenery.

040.jpg

*drool*..

041.jpg

Yep.. the biggest mirror in the world, i never expected it to be this good.. You were a dead man without sunglasses though.

042.jpg

At the end of the day we made our first stop.. at the Salt Hostal.. jep.. a hostal completely made out of salt (thank god EXCEPT for the bedding) but everything from the beds till the walls was made out of bricks of salt. Sounds interesting, was fucking boring, we went to sleep at like 21:00.. but before we did that we climbed up a mountain and found these two in chill mode:

043.jpg

And we found this ~20 meter high cactus..

043_1.jpg

The next day in the morning we visited an indian cemetary, the structures were strange they just made small sort of bee-hive shaped things out of rocks and put skeletons in them.. i don't think they were inka's though, i forgot the name.

044.jpg

The corpses were really small.. they all looked like children but they were all grown ups and "important" people back then..

044_1.jpg

Uhuh.. we're going to hell.

045.jpg

Bite me.. raaawr!

046.jpg

Then we came at a really beautifull lake.. with loads of Alpaca's (lama-family) walking around.. just an impressive scenery. Picture doesn't do it justice imo.. just because it was massive and our camera couldn't capture all of it in one go.. :(

047.jpg

Here's another one..

047_1.jpg

After that the whole surrounding flipped over because after a few hours of driving they dropped us off in some sort of desert filled with strange shaped rocks, i loved it.

048.jpg

This one is the winner:

048_1.jpg

After this we hit another jackpot. Lago Colorado is a lake which is partly red, partly blue and partly white filled with loads of flamengos.. It was awesome.. but at this point it was getting used to all this stuff.. nevertheless still beautifull though!

049.jpg

After this we went to our 2nd hostal te spend the 2nd night.. it was located close to Lago Colorado.. or at least that was what we thought.. we went for a walk to the lake to see it again.. but after an hour of walking it didn't came any closer so we just went back.. fucking altiplano.. and fuck it was cold there.. around ~4500 meters high. The next day we got up and went to see some geysers, it was so COLD. i think it could easily have been -15/-20.. we had 2 dutch guys in our group who were standing outside with flip flops and just a t-shirt and jeans because they didn't know that this was going to happen.. haha they were so fucked.. anyway a bit later we hit a few hot springs (vulcanic-wise) and that was a gooooooood way to get rid of the nasty cold :)

050.jpg

Last edited:
After that we stranded at "Lago Verde" aka the Green Lake.. it wasn't that green as it was supposed to be but nevertheless still a stunning sight.

051.jpg

052.jpg

And this is what it looked like when you looked into the direction opposing the lake.. (it was so cold there.. jesus)

053.jpg

After that we got dropped off in Chile.. it was really sweet to cross the border (also up in the mountains.. the border contained one sign saying "Bienvenidos a Chile!" (jep.. that was it) and then drove a straight road like 2 or 3 kilometers down from freezing mountain peeks into the Atacama desert :) We got dropped off at this town called "San Pedro de Atacama". It was sweet to see a mountain top with snow while standing in a desert.

054.jpg

And another pic..

055.jpg

So the first night we spent there we met some nice chilean people in our hostal and hit the bar with them, got wasted as fuck, overslept and missed the bus back to Bolivia (it was supposed to be a one day trip in Chile). So we decided to stay for a few more days and then head back into Bolivia through the north of Chile.. The roads are much better in Chile so we decided it would be a better choice to do it this way :) And so we took the bus from San Pedro to Arrica, and from Arrica to La Paz the capital of Bolivia where we were supposed to meet up with fellow travellers to do some more stuff in Bobo-land. Here's a picture of La Paz, not really a charming city though..

056.jpg

First thing we did was mountainbike the most dangerous road in the world :). This is one thing we heard about from another backpacker who we met in the Pantanal back in Brazil. I thought it would be kinda dangerous, but not fucking dodgy like this for 50 km STRAIGHT down (the cliff was always around 1 km):

057.jpg

So first we drove to the place where that road started.. we just drove over the highway :rofl: passing trucks and schoolbusses full with kiddies while almost dieing doing so. And then the actual "Death Road" started. Best fun i had in a while haha, first part was covered in mist so we couldn't see how dangerous it was until we dropped a little bit lower.. fuck.. (we did it medio februari and by then since the new year has begun already 3 people died falling off the cliff)

058.jpg

The views were amazing, especially when we came to the end we hit this town called "Coroico" where we chilled out at a hotel with a swimming pool and had dinner, right before that town we passed this valley (notice the coca plantations on the right? :p). I think the whole bike ride lasted for like 5 hours it was superb.

059.jpg

So after that we returned to La Paz.. and decided we wanted to head into the Bolivian jungle! There were multiple ways of doing so but we didn't want to fly to it (what most people did) so we decided to go for a 3 day long boat ride down the river into the jungle.

060.jpg

Three days of jungle makes you do a lot of strange shit.. (this was taken at a small jungle village which had 5 houses, was 2 days away by boat from the civilized world, and at one point where i asked where the toilet was the indian grinned and pointed at the jungle).

061.jpg

We did some stuff in between, sometimes we stopped for a small jungle walk or something other related to sight seeing.

062.jpg

This one was tame :).

063.jpg

Finally we arrived at the "famous" jungle town "Rurrenabaque" (you kinda pronounce it like who-ha-na-baq). Thankfully this town was a little bit more developed due to eco-tourism stranding here. Everyone was having a blast except for our friend El Marten which we met on the road.. Yes this man loved the jungle walks :p he had exactly 75 sun fly bites!

064.jpg

Turns out this town offered more than just crocodiles.

065.jpg

Last edited:
And yea.. we did it. Haha the shaman didn't look like a shaman at all.. his house was one pile of junk and it smelled really bad, the ayahuasca itself tasted like vomit and everyone vomited for over an hour (it's normal to vomit when you start) one mate ended up shitting for like 30 minutes hahaha (not me!). So yea on the next picture you see our friendly shaman, he spoke takana some sort of native jungle language over there but it sounded more like he was farting out of his mouth eheh it was so hard to take him serious, but hey! he provided the goodz!

066.jpg

While i went on a pampas tour (i'm still waiting for the pictures.. i had no camera but i swom with pink river dolphins and stroked an alligator over the head which was laying in the water.. had it on picture ffs) my mate went into the jungle. He wanted to go for that jungle tour (which ment deeper into the rain forest) rather than the pampas tour. They caught a tarantula and the guide stunned it with smoke while whispering shit in takana to the beast to "tame" it.. it ended up on his head completely stunned :). It was fucking scary he said.. you could feel the teeth crawling over your head.

067.jpg

They found loads of crazy bugs in the jungle, this picture is great:

068.jpg

After our jungle trip we flew back to La Paz. We were stuck in Rurrenabaque for over 3 days because of the rain.. turned out they had an airstrip which was basically a grassfield and didn't function that well when it rains, anyway: "Obligatory i went to south america and payed no more than 5 bucks for a gram of sugar" picture. (or 10 grams)

069.jpg

After that we went to the Titicaca lake.. most beautifull lake i've ever seen.. It's so clear because of the altitude (sun kills all the algaes). Yet again i don't have pictures to provide (it's a damn shame.. it was amazing) because my mate went back to La Paz to play a dj set over there. We went on to Cusco (Peru).. my most favourite city evARRR..

070.jpg

This city was so nice.. big nice square in the middle with 2 huge cathedrals next to it.. man we can learn a lot from them here in Holland.. our cities are butt ugly.

071.jpg

Cusco used to be the Inca capital back in the days.. so that's why the spaniards after colonising spent a lot of effort into making it into an even more beautifull city than it was ( i don't really know why ).

072.jpg

We went to Hostal Loki over there.. it was located 5 minutes outside of the city centre but it was worth it.. place for 120 people, the bar was every evening stuffed with people from all over the world getting drunk.. this city had a brilliant night life, the clubs were all located next to each other at the square and every club had 2 or 3 guys in the streets trying to get you in offering you free drinks, the bigger your group was the more free drinks you got.. cuba libre all the way man :) one time we ended up with like 10 free drinks a person it was crazy.. got drunk every night there for a whole 3 soles (which you spent on the taxi ride back to the hostal..). Anyway on a random day over there suddenly this popped up :). We were sitting in the bar and looked outside through the window and saw the biggest fucking rainbow ever.

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

Cusco at night.. such a beautifull place i miss it so much

076.jpg

Well.. if you're in Cusco you might as well do Peru's most famous attraction anyway huh? Hop on the inca trails and walk 3 days with shitloads of cargo on your back to the Macchu Pichu :) the biggest inca city ever recovered.

077.jpg

The Peruvian Andes is just too beautifull to truefully capture with a camera lense.. here's a shot of a valley right when we started:

078.jpg

After walking the first 3 hours or something we approached the first inca ruins (you get loads on the way but this one was really nice because of the view we had on it). See all the terraces? That was for growing vegetables and such.

079.jpg

Especially at the 2nd day the path became really trippy-beautifull.. Surrounded by weird kind of trees i've never seen before, covered in moss and that kind of stuff.. because we got a bit lower the rate of vegetation increased :).

080.jpg

Last edited:
More inca ruins..

081.jpg

If you look at the previous picture, you see that on top on the right side there are some walls. This is what it looked like if you stand there and look down

082.jpg

Then we walked on and found another ruin, some aussie dude took a shit in it.. we told him it was kinda inapropriate and you should have seen his face when he came back with a plastic bag containing the goods ahah he was not amused.

083.jpg

Finally we reached the stop for the 2nd day.. a restaurant was build over there (it's kinda commercialised.. the whole inca trail thing.. it's sad but you can't stop it anyway) so we had some good food. After the food our guide told us he had a little suprise for us.. so we followed him down a small path behind the restaurant to stumble upon this. Picture doesn't do it justice at all sadly :(.

084.jpg

And then finally on the third day we hit big momma Macchu Pichu.. our pictures aren't that good.. if you're interested google it and you'll see how beautifull it is.. This picture has been taken from Waynapichu, the sacred mountain next to it which we climbed (it was so fucking cold up there, freaky weather patterns too changing from rain into sun every 10 minutes or so)

085.jpg

And two more pictures of Macchu Pichu

086.jpg

087.jpg

After that we went back to cusco.. my mate went to Chile again (he fell in love with this girl so he wanted to see her again) while i stayed in cusco to get wasted for another week (i ended up staying there in total for like 2.5 weeks.. man that hostal was so lethal :)). One of the things i did there was do quad racing through the Peruvian mountains! so cool..

072_1.jpg

Man.. right before we left they taught us how to ride these monsters.. I never drove something likewise before and i don't have a drivers license.. So i had to learn it in 5 minutes (these are 400 cc quads). Right after i "learned" it the guide told us it was time to go.. so i asked him where the van was and if they would bring us to the mountains and he laughed, telling us that we had to drive em ourselve into the mountains. We ended up driving like crazy throug Cusco's bad neighbourhoods with kids and streetdogs chasing us it was brilliant. It took me a while when we were there but eventually i had the quad under my control. Suck it!

072_2.jpg

Cute little Peruvian kids wanted to join us.. at first i told em that they couldn't because i was scared that if i would flip over it would be quite dangerous.. but eventually their cute little faces with their endless variations of expressions got me to say yes :).

072_3.jpg

After that it was time to move on so i went to Lima.. we took a first class busride for like 100 soles which is like 27 euro or something.. really sweet bus (i went with my amigo ben from aussie land which i met on the road) Chucked down 6 valium pills and slept for 16 hours straight :D man i felt like shit when that woman woke me up for the food.

088.jpg

You could buy em in the farmacy's over there for like 50 dollarcent a pil.

089.jpg

And finally we got to Lima.. i don't have that many pictures.. i stayed there for 1.5 week and then flew home..

090.jpg

Had a great time there though.. We ended up in this small hostal, the owner smoked pot all day long and took us to a houseparty outside of Lima. Lima is a crazy city though.. there's like 8 million people living there of which 200k live in the better neighbourhoods, the rest is one big big circle of ghetto alike neighbourhoods around it. Dangerous place.. i guess that's why this guy even wears his gun when he's doing the groceries eh :>

091.jpg

Well you reached the end of my story (kinda suprised that you made it :)). Now i have one last request and hopefully it will happen:

I always tend to miss these name threads where you can "get rid of that old name or tag next to your name". "sef" is a old nickname and it would be nice if it could be changed into "sehvi" (hopefully this thread catches the mods attention and hopefully they are in a good mood today *praying* :))

Oh and if anyone is interested in one of these pictures, I have them in a much higher resolution but of course I resized them all for this thread, feel free to pm me (I have around 1000 pictures in total I just had to had to make a small selection).

This thread has been brought to you by FNGRvisio.. oh wait that's someone else.

Last edited:
EDIT:

Some extra pics then.. :) because a lot of people responded so positive.

One more picture of that way too cute bobolina :).

01.jpg

I don't know what kind of moss this was but we encountered it on our Uyuni trip.

02.jpg

Here are some spiders my mate photographed in the jungle :).

04.jpg

03.jpg

10.jpg

Some sort of beetle?

05.jpg

More of those caterpillars!

06.jpg

Another butterfly..

07.jpg

fr0gz0r.

09.jpg

another caterpillar.

11.jpg

Sun's setting.. maybe really time to go to sleep? :)

IMG_0327.jpg

Last edited:
yay nice sevibaby, i´ll keep the reading for work tomorrow, looks very nice so far, bet you had an awesome time, but still nice to have you back on the servers ;D

Last edited:
just do it, you won't regret it. it's a whole lot easyer than you think, a big part of that whole continent is backpacker orientated.

Back