outlook web access calendar sync?

Alien

Veteran X
I am trying to sync my exchange calendar to some type of calendar program that displays on my labtop's background...however, my school doesn't allow us to use outlook on personal computers to connect to the server for "security reasons", we have to use outlook web access. Does anyone know if there is a program that will sync my calendar from outlook web access to outlook 2003 on my PC or even google calendar? I have been searching for 3 hours and cant find shit. I know it has to be possible because there are programs for windows mobile, other pdas and even some mac software that does something very similar...

doubt it:/

outlook web access doesn't even have it's own export function I don't think, everything written to sync it is probably written for outlook\pst's

here's a bump for you though

well, my desktop can access my exchange account with ubuntu's built in mail program haha...now why cant a find a windows program to do this

why don't you just setup the exchange account in outlook as you normally would but; then go into "More Settings" then the connection tab and choose "Connect to exchange mailbox using http" and set the url to the outlook webmail url? That should atleast sync it to outlook when you're remoted.

Thats what i do instead of having to have a constant vpn connection back to work

why don't you just setup the exchange account in outlook as you normally would but; then go into "More Settings" then the connection tab and choose "Connect to exchange mailbox using http" and set the url to the outlook webmail url? That should atleast sync it to outlook when you're remoted.

Thats what i do instead of having to have a constant vpn connection back to work

I tried that earlier, and a window pops up asking for username and password, and it doesnt accept my info. I think for that to work they have to set the server up to use it.

I tried that earlier, and a window pops up asking for username and password, and it doesnt accept my info. I think for that to work they have to set the server up to use it.

did you try both "username" and "username@domain.com" for the login? and you're using basic authentication right?

I just tried it with username@domain.com, and instead of the login window just popping back up like it does when I dont put @domain, i get a message window saying "The connection to microsoft exchange server is unavailable...."

server is fine, i can still access it from webmail and ubuntu. I think they need to have turn something on for me to be able to use outlook to login, whereas evolution mail in ubuntu tricks the server into thinking it is just the web access

turns out there is a windows version of mail evolution too, and it also can connect to the server hahaha. too bad its buggy and keeps crashing

Back