Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1177 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

Validuz 11-09-2016 18:03

What a ****ing glorious day this has been.

Come on, Trump. Do what you said you'd do.

absent 11-09-2016 18:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

JustinCase 11-09-2016 18:07

This has been the best day of my life.

So much salt.

So many SJW's lives ruined.

Kerosene31 11-09-2016 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groove (Post 18670893)
so, not all votes are equal? sounds sweet

The electoral college is kind of messed up. I've been voting for 20 years+ and yet my vote has never really mattered because I live in a state dominated by one party.

The problem is that maybe the state could be flipped, but nobody in the minority party bothers to vote because they know there's no point.

coombz 11-09-2016 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18670896)
Come on, Trump. Do what you said you'd do.

:withstupi

i feel like an idiot for even daring to hope that he might possibly do some of it

but yeah

it'd be cool

is it even possible to muzzle the military industrial complex in the US though? he had said he'd want to pursue a purely defensive foreign policy, which would be groovy...but can it be done? ;o he's pro-Israel so ;/

dubsack 11-09-2016 18:11

Quote:

joop

Are you honestly just now figuring out how the US electoral college works?

Validuz 11-09-2016 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerosene31 (Post 18670900)
The electoral college is kind of messed up. I've been voting for 20 years+ and yet my vote has never really mattered because I live in a state dominated by one party.

The problem is that maybe the state could be flipped, but nobody in the minority party bothers to vote because they know there's no point.

Move.

I'd never live in area ran (into the ground) by liberals. I'd move to a swing state.

groove 11-09-2016 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubsack (Post 18670902)
joop

Are you honestly just now figuring out how the US electoral college works?

sorry, im not american

samUwell 11-09-2016 18:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grD_IINiH9c

Fool 11-09-2016 18:13

Quote:

They are equal, but no system is perfect. Look at the county breakdown that was posted earlier:

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphic...slide-2-hp.png

From this, it looks ridiculously lopsided in favor of Trump. Only the population centers are blue, because truthfully that's what our demographics really look like. It's not Republican vs Democrat, it's Rural vs Urban. There's a lot more rural space, but more urban voters. Take away the popular vote, and cities would find themselves at the mercy of the rural. Take away the electoral college, and rural voters would be at the mercy of the urban.

In the end, the system was designed to grant the presidency to the will of the nation, not the will of the majority. It seeks to balance the whims of the individual with the desires of every state.

Got Haggis? 11-09-2016 18:15

After Trump

JustinCase 11-09-2016 18:17

give it up bro

dubsack 11-09-2016 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groove (Post 18670905)
sorry, im not american

I know you aren't; Canadian correct? From how you post, I have always assumed you were relatively close to my age (mid 30s). The electoral college is a pretty well documented thing, especially with the popular vs electoral vote in recent years. Maybe I am strange, but I follow Canadian politics being so close here in WA, and just figured most politically minded Canadians would follow US politics to at least understand the basics of the system.

Then again, a lot of Americans don't even understand it, so maybe I expect too much.

Either way, the intent was never to have every vote counted equally, but for every vote to have equal representation. There is a difference between those two things.

Veniggs 11-09-2016 18:19

Quote:

not everyone is a city dwelling manchild from canada

the interests of millions of people in an urban center are not always going to coincide with the interests of hundreds of thousands of people in rural areas, or the suburbs or wherever else

the electoral college is a bit wonky (i don't even really like it). but it has a purpose, and that's to keep judge dredd-esque mega-cities from deciding every election for such a large and diverse country

Fool 11-09-2016 18:22

Guess they're going to wait a few more days to call the remaining "too close to call" states for Trump, give the story time to fade before he crosses 300 and makes the media look even more incompetent.

Validuz 11-09-2016 18:22

I only wish that cities didn't have so much god damn power. It's insane.

Veniggs 11-09-2016 18:24

it's not a big deal assuming we have a relatively weak executive. but lol, that's not what we have anymore.

Kerosene31 11-09-2016 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18670903)
Move.

I'd never live in area ran (into the ground) by liberals. I'd move to a swing state.

The electoral college keeps it from changing. We didn't get one presidential ad here. Nobody campaigns here.

The bible thumping right is just as bad.

With this election, still nearly half the freaking population didn't vote.

That's not right, and it is partially because only 5-6 states matter out of 50.

(and of course this has nothing to do with yesterday, Trump won fair and square by the rules, I'd me making the same point no matter what)

groove 11-09-2016 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniggs (Post 18670911)
not everyone is a city dwelling manchild from canada

did i say something to offend you? im genuinely asking questions about an electoral system i dont know much about

the only thing i can think of that would make u mad is... that i live in a city... in canada? is that why you brought that up?

Denver 11-09-2016 18:36

Electoral system means that states have an amount of electoral votes based on their population.

When voting all of the electoral votes from a state goes to the candidate that got majority in the said state. For example if florida has 55 electoral votes and trump wins it with 51% to 49% he does not get 51% of the electorals but all of them. So for gaining 2% majority he gets all of the states electoral votes.

I knew this and I am a hill billy from finland.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page