Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 73 of 77

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   [TribalWarrior on Sci-Fi] Gameshow starts tonight (Tues/Mar10) @ 9cst/10est plzwatch! (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577483)

DMAUL 04-30-2009 22:43

imho both jamal and swoozie were better overall gamers than robert

untouchable 04-30-2009 23:08

bro u got handled on gow.. didnt play that one a lot i'm assuming..

JoMo 04-30-2009 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable (Post 14507229)
didn't watch the show.. watching the finale on hulu right now.. why did that chick w/ the red hair and dots under her eye have such a problem with you?

edit: congrats by the way. i bet you felt like giving everyone on the show that didn't believe in you a big "**** you"

She wanted him, but he has a gf and didn't want her, so she got mad.

SkittleBrew 04-30-2009 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexPistol (Post 14507203)
yeah lol brainfart

feel bad about that but i was just listing off the top of my head

It was a really entertaining interview from all 3 of you guys. Again, congrats man and good luck. You should seriously consider DJWheat's endorsement as a radio/casting personality. I think you'd do good as you seem be a comfortable speaker and have the charisma

untouchable 04-30-2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMo (Post 14507411)
She wanted him, but he has a gf and didn't want her, so she got mad.

damn for real? thats funny if true.

that was a crazy ass combat in soul caliber... **** was intense as hell.

Makasuro 04-30-2009 23:44

Good job man.

But to be honest, you guys both sucked at all the games you played...

I don't consider that an Ultimate Gamer, but good job nonetheless.

Edit: Awesome attitude you held throughout the entire thing, I think that's what really did it for you there. =)

Calder 04-30-2009 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calder (Post 14507254)
So are there any torrents of eps 7/8?

Not Hulu (CANADIAN)

Vintage 04-30-2009 23:58

everyone seemed pretty average at all the games that were played tbh.. but that SC3 match was awesome.

Makasuro 05-01-2009 00:00

The comeback was awesome, the actual fighting was pretty bland.

Santah 05-01-2009 00:35

Quote:

Not Hulu (AUSTRALIAN)

Strube 05-01-2009 00:38

didn't watch any of it but congrats applesauce.

psc777 05-01-2009 00:49

Awesome! Glad you took it all!
Just got to watching it and catchin up on the thread.

dweeb 05-01-2009 02:07

How about a total update? I'm tired of checking in and not learning anything knew aside from the fact you won 100k and have not told us anything about it.

Pak 05-01-2009 02:12

Quote:

Not Hulu (CANADIAN)

For the X time, hotspot shield

m00g00 05-01-2009 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dweeb (Post 14508036)
How about a total update? I'm tired of checking in and not learning anything knew aside from the fact you won 100k and have not told us anything about it.

what do you want to know

ZProtoss 05-01-2009 02:49

I think the most hilarious part about this show was some of the 1 on 1 commentary to the camera. In some cases I couldn't tell if people were just saying **** for show, or if they actually believed the bull**** that they were spewing.

One of the main offenders would have to be Jamal with his constant "I'm the best all around gamer in the world" business.

It's like hey, you're one of a dozen people who auditioned for a crappy reality TV show about games and got picked - this does not mean that you're anywhere near good enough to make ridiculous claims like that.

Personally, I'd love to see someone get onto season 2 that has massive amounts of raw talent at games in general. I'm pretty sure if they got someone like Justin Wong on the show, not only would he destroy everyone in fighting games, but he'd probably beat a good deal of people at their self proclaimed specialities as well.

Makasuro 05-01-2009 03:02

Well said ZP. I agree 100%.

m00g00 05-01-2009 03:16

see thats what I thought too, but I mean how many people have achievements like theirs? I honestly don't know but it seems like they had their fair share of tournament victories in all around gaming. Obviously they're not the best in the world, but I'm sure they'd give you a run for your money

ZProtoss 05-01-2009 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by m00g00 (Post 14508125)
see thats what I thought too, but I mean how many people have achievements like theirs? I honestly don't know but it seems like they had their fair share of tournament victories in all around gaming. Obviously they're not the best in the world, but I'm sure they'd give you a run for your money

Who in the cast would you consider as having a notable achievement? The only thing that really stands out is the guy who won the 2007 WCG SC in the US region, but that's somewhat dulled when you consider the fact that in 2007 the US didn't really field many serious players to begin with.

Everyone else besides that guy did absolutely nothing that was notable, at least nothing that even remotely justified some of the **** talk that was being thrown out. Lets review the the list -

1 guy who played in competition for a fighting game that the fighting game community sees as trash (as far as the real competitive fighting games go, he's not terrible by any means, but he's also no where near the level that people like Wong/Daigo/etc are at)
1 girl who's only claim to fame was being mediocore at guitar hero style games.
1 guy who played for mid level CS teams at best.
1 guy who went on a similar tv show in the past
4 women who have the honor of being in all girl clans that have never been remotely competitive in anything ever.
1 guy who was pretty good (not top but decent) at SC
1 guy who was able to beat the rest of his frat in Madden (lol)
1 guy who is a low level QA staffer
1 guy who played at a medium level on a league that's TWL caliber or worse (note - that's an insult given that TWL is basically garbage in every non tribes game).

In short, everyone they picked (with the exception of the SC guy), are people who are completely unknown in their respective communities. They didn't go out of their way to pick people with actual fame, rather they went for people that could fit certain images that they wanted on their show.

If the producers weren't concerned with getting the proper images/gender count ratio, they probably could have gotten a list of 12 people or so that were all mostly known and respected within their genres.

uno 05-01-2009 03:49

i see ZP is still a virginnerd

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page