Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 6

TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   isn't it weird that ngfm is atheist? (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666249)

confidential 09-01-2013 18:06

isn't it weird that ngfm is atheist?
 
pretty unexpected imo

Kill-Switch 09-01-2013 18:07

I wonder what Rush's thoughts are on the subject.

Mr Jimmy Pop 09-01-2013 18:11

geddy lee best bass player ever

arcadus 09-01-2013 18:13

i thought his name sort of gave it away

jotun 09-01-2013 18:19

isn't it ironic, don't you think?

SeVeReD 09-01-2013 19:22

No, I don't think so,
he seems pretty consistent in thought to me and being atheist makes sense.

Mr Jimmy Pop 09-01-2013 19:24

MoreGodForUs

ArakAtak 09-01-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by confidential (Post 17818159)
pretty unexpected imo

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcadus (Post 17818171)
i thought his name sort of gave it away

I'm not certain he is an athiest. Not in the true sense. He used to be a believer but he renounced the Christian God and said he wasn't for him. He then turned to other Gods.

Otherwise his name would be NGFA

NoGodForMe 09-01-2013 19:27

Huh? Where did this come from? I'm just sitting here minding my own business this Sunday, and poof, this shows up. Delayed reaction I guess.

Here, some new content. I went and filmed a band Friday night that is similar to the one I play in.

No, that's not me on keyboards, but I'm their back up in case he can't make it. I shot and edited the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_3eMynm-I

Mr Jimmy Pop 09-01-2013 19:29

we are worried that you haven't prepared yourself for the afterlife.

ArakAtak 09-01-2013 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGodForMe (Post 17818276)
Huh? Where did this come from? I'm just sitting here minding my own business this Sunday, and poof, this shows up. Delayed reaction I guess.

Here, some new content. I went and filmed a band Friday night that is similar to the one I play in.

No, that's not me on keyboards, but I'm their back up in case he can't make it. I shot and edited the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_3eMynm-I


Thanks - that really got right to the point and addressed the issue. :bigthumb:

confidential 09-01-2013 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcadus (Post 17818171)
i thought his name sort of gave it away

i meant like he's white, conservative, listens to rush, hates minorities etc. you'd think posterchild for devout southern christian. just wouldn't expect him to be atheist

confidential 09-01-2013 19:40

ngfm when/why did u decide to become atheist

samUwell 09-01-2013 19:43

wet the hole damnit!

cerebral 09-01-2013 19:50

I can't imagine anything that would make me doubt the existence of god more than NGFM's life. So, no, it's not weird.

Mr Jimmy Pop 09-01-2013 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerebral (Post 17818302)
I can't imagine anything that would make me doubt the existence of god more than NGFM's life. So, no, it's not weird.

Really? Do you think just chance can account for how often life ****s him over? Don't you think that there just has to be some sort of higher being with a really great sense of humor up there responsible?

HumDumpin 09-01-2013 19:53

god makes him suffer so we may enjoy his personality in a situation where we can turn it off any time we please.

cerebral 09-01-2013 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrillKillKulT (Post 17818307)
Really? Do you think just chance can account for how often life ****s him over? Don't you think that there just has to be some sort of higher being with a really great sense of humor up there responsible?

Interesting point.

But I don't think it's chance so much as him making a life time of bad choices, nothing that has been done to him really seems like it requires the existence of a malevolent or at least malicious, god. It just required a horse loving, denim-clad music man.

Mr Jimmy Pop 09-01-2013 20:12

I suppose, but I prefer to think of it being an 8lb 6oz new born infant Jesus doing it to him. Then I like to think of Jesus laughing like a baby in a youtube vid.

epidemic 09-01-2013 20:15

ngfm may be atheist but he a saint


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:30.
Page 1 of 6

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2018 Tribalwar.Com, LLC