TribalWar Forums

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   A mouse ate/touched my food and I didn't notice until after I ate it too (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443409)

Joft 07-29-2006 10:58

A mouse ate/touched my food and I didn't notice until after I ate it too

i have a box of food in my room because there wasn't enough room for it in the kitchen. earlier this morning i heard a bag-crinkling noise and figured it was the wind from my fan blowing a plastic bag. a few minutes later i took a bag of paper bowls from the box that was unopened and opened it and got a bowl out, and poured some cereal from the 2 cereal boxes (i mixed it) that were in the box. after eating my bowl of cereal, i went to get a slice of bread and noticed a hole through the top of the bag and a crater in the bread. i know there's a mouse here so it must have been in my box of food and eating my bread through the bag. i threw the bread out, and i'm ****ing pissed. it's like $30 worth of groceries in that box that i have to throw out now too in case the mouse touched anything.

not to mention, i might have contracted any number of a myriad of diseases, and i can't find any information about mice and their diseases online, and the only medical info phone numbers i've found are only open Mon-Fri (because nobody ever has a potential emergency that they need information about on the weekend)

or am i just over-reacting? do people live harmoniously with mice the world over and all this hype about mice diseases is just more BS cooked up by the CDC to justify its own further existence/funding?

Tribalbob 07-29-2006 11:00

aidsmouse

Nomad 07-29-2006 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joft
i have a box of food in my room because there wasn't enough room for it in the kitchen.

qualifying statements like this make me hate this forum.

proton 07-29-2006 11:01

this is just a wild guess, but i'm pretty sure hospitals are open on the weekends

so you might want to try there

edit: reading more carefully i see your actual question wasnt really where to go

so i will respond with, you should definitely go to the hospital and at least get checked, mice are ****ing gross

Zam 07-29-2006 11:03

rabies :scared:

Zanthious 07-29-2006 11:03

i wish i had too much food....

or money to buy too much food

Cuda 07-29-2006 11:04

Black plague. o/

KnightMare 07-29-2006 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribalbob
aidsmouse

LogRoller 07-29-2006 11:08

How can you not have room for food in your kitchen? That would seem to suggest that it is time to eat food, and not time to go buy more food.

Joft 07-29-2006 11:12

my roommates have the shelves/refrigerator stuffed with junk food and beer bottles

but the point is i need to know my likelihood of dying, not nitpick qualifying statements or background story. and i don't have the money to just go to the hospital every time i think i might die, i need to know if it's a real threat first

Tribalbob 07-29-2006 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joft
my roommates have the shelves/refrigerator stuffed with junk food and beer bottles

but the point is i need to know my likelihood of dying, not nitpick qualifying statements or background story. and i don't have the money to just go to the hospital every time i think i might die, i need to know if it's a real threat first

considering you live in a ****hole apartment infested with rats, a fridge full of alcohol and unhealthy food, i'd say you're dying already.

Nomad 07-29-2006 11:20

what a ****ing moron.

K-Rex 07-29-2006 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribalbob
considering you live in a ****hole apartment infested with rats, a fridge full of alcohol and unhealthy food, i'd say you're dying already.

Yea.

You've got serious problems. A little mouse is the least of them.

Joft 07-29-2006 11:25

i'm not going to die because my roommates have some alcoholic beverages stored in the refrigerator, or because a single house mouse makes this a "****hole apartment infested with rats", but thanks for volunteering that valid and worthwhile opinion. i still can't find a single goddamn site with useful information or a single phone number to call that isn't a recording stating their usual office hours

Yetskii 07-29-2006 11:27

Grow up, you are fine...nothin different from your dog licking you...thats worse than a mouse...

Joft 07-29-2006 11:29

can you tell me why i should believe you? i want to, but from the information i have found i know that mice are carriers for over 200 different human pathogens, including highly deadly ones like hantavirus. but those sites had no info about statistical prevalence

31073 07-29-2006 11:31

Yesterday I ate a pita and a half before i noticed it was moldy.

Ixiterra 07-29-2006 11:40

Dude, you shared food with a mouse. Get the **** over it. There is nothing you could have contacted that way other than rabies (which is like a 10 billion to 1 shot from a mouse), and even then eating it isn't going to do anything.

zigma 07-29-2006 11:41

You're gonna be fine. Chances are a common house mouse doesn't have anything serious that will make you sick, and if you do get sick, it should not be anything that will kill you.

If the mouse didn't bite you or anything, what ever he transfered to your food (assuming he touched it physically) would have prob died or is so small that your body could fight it off itself.

Most of those ****s live off of what you leave behind, Unless you're leaving radioactive waste here and there, you should not worry about it.