Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 2

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   [Haiti] Danny Glover is as retarded as Pat Robertson (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603236)

Icey 01-15-2010 09:09

[Haiti] Danny Glover is as retarded as Pat Robertson
 
Now there are two prominent dumb mother****ers that need to take a gun and discharge it into their own skulls...

PACT WITH GAIA | Daily Telegraph Tim Blair Blog

After Robertson blames the quake on a Haitian pact with the devil, Glover says this:

Quote:

When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what Iím sayiní?
So apparently Mother Earth is pissed about global warming, so she takes out her anger on millions of the poorest people on the planet. Sounds totally reasonable. What a ****.

Denver 01-15-2010 09:10

Copenhagen , what's the date?

We will never forget!

Ascoe 01-15-2010 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 15241041)
Copenhagen , what's the date?
We will never forget!

http://albums.kimag.es/albums/2323/10867081.jpg

:picard:

in before artemis pockets

Bridude 01-15-2010 09:10

he's gettin too old for this shiii.....

KnightMare 01-15-2010 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridude (Post 15241043)
he's gettin too old for this shiii.....

heh

Got Haggis? 01-15-2010 09:14

I don't think that is what he is saying at all. He is talking about the US response to Haiti and the US response to the climate summit in Copenhagen.

Icey 01-15-2010 09:17

No. Listen to the whole thing. The full context is this: "This is something that can happen to any Carribean nation, you know, because of climate change, because of global warming.. *unintelligible* .. When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I***8217;m sayin***8217;?"

He's a ****ing clown and needs to shut his mouth just like Pat Robertson needs to shut his. They're both saying equally stupid and insulting dumb ****.

Got Haggis? 01-15-2010 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icey (Post 15241057)
No. Listen to the whole thing. The full context is this: "This is something that can happen to any Carribean nation, you know, because of climate change, because of global warming.. *unintelligible* .. When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what Iím sayiní?"

He's a ****ing clown and needs to shut his mouth just like Pat Robertson needs to shut his. They're both saying equally stupid and insulting dumb ****.

I did listen to the entire thing and you are wrong.

confidential 01-15-2010 09:36

Um it definitely sounded like he's saying that other Caribbean nations are under threat due to global warming and climate change, but he never said anything like global warming caused the earthquake.

By the way, even if you believe that he said earthquakes are caused by global warming (which to me, he definitely didn't), that's not close to as bad as what Pat Robertson said.

By the way, Jesus probably looked just like Obama. Just sayin

zorro 01-15-2010 09:40

why did the media not give any coverage of that huge earthquake in pakistan in 2005 that killed 80,000 people?

people i work with had never heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Pakistan_Earthquake

tell me why confidential

Icey 01-15-2010 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by confidential (Post 15241093)
By the way, Jesus probably looked just like Obama. Just sayin

Probably not since Obama is half white and half black, and Jesus was a Semite. He almost certainly looked like modern day Palestinians.

What's your point?

KnightMare 01-15-2010 09:55

jesus was black.

Morganstern 01-15-2010 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridude (Post 15241043)
he's gettin too old for this shiii.....

Damn beaten, I was going to phrase it, "Hey give'm a break, he's too old for this ****."

confidential 01-15-2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro (Post 15241102)
why did the media not give any coverage of that huge earthquake in pakistan in 2005 that killed 80,000 people?

people i work with had never heard of it.

2005 Kashmir earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tell me why confidential

no one cares about brown people!

fall of 2005 was pretty much terrible for me... had to go through Katrina and then that Earthquake. thankfully none of my family was majorly affected but yeah it was quite a terrible earthquake. The headlines were still being dominated by Katrina at the time, but the earthquake still got a decent amount of coverage

Zlex 01-15-2010 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Haggis? (Post 15241079)
I did listen to the entire thing and you are wrong.

how is he wrong? It's exactly what he said.

Grief 01-15-2010 10:34

the problem is that he's not clear on what he means, so everyone is just assuming they know what he means

"This" in his context could very well mean the amount of damage that has happened in Haiti. Rising sea levels are a fear of global warming and could wreck carribean nations. I think he's trying to say that "this" amount of damage could happen to any carribean nation, which is why he brings up Global Warming

Ztir 01-15-2010 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridude (Post 15241043)
he's gettin too old for this shiii.....

lol

Got Haggis? 01-15-2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlex (Post 15241189)
how is he wrong? It's exactly what he said.

he said " Mother Earth is pissed about global warming, so she takes out her anger on millions of the poorest people on the planet" ?? really? realllly??

Buk Naked 01-15-2010 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro (Post 15241102)
why did the media not give any coverage of that huge earthquake in pakistan in 2005 that killed 80,000 people?

people i work with had never heard of it.

2005 Kashmir earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tell me why confidential

I remember seeing it covered, but Pakistan is half way around the world. Haiti is close enough for us to rebuild and make it into a really nice vacation spot, so we're more interested in it.

ZooL 01-15-2010 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icey (Post 15241037)
Now there are two prominent dumb mother****ers that need to take a gun and discharge it into their own skulls...

PACT WITH GAIA | Daily Telegraph Tim Blair Blog

After Robertson blames the quake on a Haitian pact with the devil, Glover says this:



So apparently Mother Earth is pissed about global warming, so she takes out her anger on millions of the poorest people on the planet. Sounds totally reasonable. What a ****.


Why do you let people that you don't know nor care about bother you?
Why are you worried about them being DUMB so much why? What will it benefit YOU by them being dumb? These are real questions for you.
Some Holier than thou guy and dany ****in glover from lethal waepon ist going to destroy your perosnal world.

Perhaps you are someone that believes that everyone should think the way that you think. You are what we in the business call a communist.

bonepuppet 01-15-2010 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro (Post 15241102)
why did the media not give any coverage of that huge earthquake in pakistan in 2005 that killed 80,000 people?

people i work with had never heard of it.

2005 Kashmir earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tell me why confidential

this was all over the news for weeks, maybe because i'm in canada?

Zlex 01-15-2010 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Haggis? (Post 15241237)
he said " Mother Earth is pissed about global warming, so she takes out her anger on millions of the poorest people on the planet" ?? really? realllly??

What?

No. He think thats that Global Warming caused the Earthquake.

Monkey_b 01-15-2010 10:57

Who's to say it didn't?

I'm going to pull out the same card that "skeptics" of climate change use all the ****ing time and say "we understand so little about the earth and how climate affects it" that who are we to rule out that warming of the planet could lead to increased (or more violent) seismic activity?

I still wouldn't have made such a statement if I were Danny Glover, but as skeptics, including the OP would say, "we simply don't know". I mean, how much faith can we really have in our climate models and their accuracy, RIGHT GUYS??!

There could be a relationship there, just like there could be a chance that mans ridiculous pollution of the atmosphere has nothing to do with the planets warming, and just like the rapid change we're seeing in the environment could actually be completely natural and it's just a coincidence that man industralized in the last 100 years.

Just saying.

ScottTheWise13 01-15-2010 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonepuppet (Post 15241267)
this was all over the news for weeks, maybe because i'm in canada?

it was all over the news in the US, too

Grief 01-15-2010 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey_b (Post 15241300)
Who's to say it didn't?

I'm going to pull out the same card that "skeptics" of climate change use all the ****ing time and say "we understand so little about the earth and how climate affects it" that who are we to rule out that warming of the planet could lead to increased (or more violent) seismic activity?

I still wouldn't have made such a statement if I were Danny Glover, but as skeptics, including the OP would say, "we simply don't know". I mean, how much faith can we really have in our climate models and their accuracy, RIGHT GUYS??!

There could be a relationship there, just like there could be a chance that mans ridiculous pollution of the atmosphere has nothing to do with the planets warming, and just like the rapid change we're seeing in the environment could actually be completely natural and it's just a coincidence that man industralized in the last 100 years.

Just saying.

And what of the mainstream media that refuses to cover this possibility? God Bless Danny Glover for saying what the government and corporations are afraid to talk about.

Not that I'm saying it's true, but just throwing it out there.

Respice 01-15-2010 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey_b (Post 15241300)
Who's to say it didn't?

Just saying.

People who don't like to make uninformed wild ass guesses. I would think the complete lack of any empirical scientific data relating climate change and earthquakes would be enough.

But keep pontificating on it in the name of intellectual discourse, maybe you'll kick start a few brain cells and realize all the **** you say is utter nonsense.

Waidan 01-15-2010 11:25

And we can't rule out the Devil's involvement in this, right Monkey_b? I mean, given how little we know about him, there could have been a pact, and this could be some sort of Satanic voodoo magic. Or maybe Satan is pleased with our efforts to industrialize this planet, and this is his way of giving humans a pat on the back? We just don't know!!

RamataKahn 01-15-2010 11:33

Danny Glover has always been an idiot. Climate change has always been around, it's just being used to make money now.

Ztir 01-15-2010 11:39

regardless if we are the cause of climate change or not, dumping millions of tons of pollution into the environment every year is not awesome and any attempt to decrease our waste output as a whole is not as bad as big business would like you to believe

bonepuppet 01-15-2010 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottTheWise13 (Post 15241301)
it was all over the news in the US, too

apearantly not where zorro lives

Monkey_b 01-15-2010 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Respice (Post 15241386)
People who don't like to make uninformed wild ass guesses. I would think the complete lack of any empirical scientific data relating climate change and earthquakes would be enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waidan (Post 15241387)
And we can't rule out the Devil's involvement in this, right Monkey_b? I mean, given how little we know about him, there could have been a pact, and this could be some sort of Satanic voodoo magic. Or maybe Satan is pleased with our efforts to industrialize this planet, and this is his way of giving humans a pat on the back? We just don't know!!

Thanks for validating my point.

Given we have a pretty good understanding of the planets climate system only a complete delusional retard would suggest that the rapid environmental changes we're observing have little (if anything at all) to do with man, and that until we discover ALL UNKNOWNS we can't rule out the possibility that it's all completely natural and that we shouldn't take any action until we know for sure

It's on par with Waidan suggesting that you can't rule out whether or not I signed a pact with the devil, or that inaction at copenhagen is the reason for the haiti earthquake... because you can't unprove it, kind of like god.

Wowbagger 01-15-2010 11:55

Monkey_b, stop. I believe global warming is happen. But your idea is ****ing retarded. We have a pretty good idea on what factors go into earthquake, and atmospheric conditions don't mean ****.

Monkey_b 01-15-2010 12:01

I think you're missing my point Wowbagger. If you can subscribe to the skeptics line of thinking in suggesting that "we cant rule out" the possibility that the planets rapid environmental changes have zero to do with man, then you can't really lambast danny glover for trying to draw a link between atmospheric conditions and earthquakes, because "we cant rule out" that possibility either.

Both notions are equally absurd if you put any stock into our understanding of the Earths climate system, so I thought Icey starting this thread was ironic since he and his kind always use the unknowns to validate their skepticism.

Zlex 01-15-2010 12:14

Even Wowbagger thinks you're a ****ing moron Monkey

Monkey_b 01-15-2010 12:21

no u r

ZooL 01-15-2010 12:26

icey is a hateful rassis

Vlasic 01-15-2010 12:27

what a band of ****ing morons on this page

ScottTheWise13 01-15-2010 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonepuppet (Post 15241427)
apearantly not where zorro lives

i guess he doesn't get cnn or fox or nytimes or anything where he lives

Vanster 01-15-2010 12:42

http://cruciality.files.wordpress.co...propaganda.jpg

Rilke 01-15-2010 12:49

I think the criticism of Robertson/Glover is misguided because it assumes they are stating logically merited positions rather than making sales pitches in light of the "opportunity of a crisis" (cf. the misreading of a Chinese character ). Both Robertson and any political actor in the US are pragmatists, using events to further their cause because crises demand public relations coverage.

Robertson is a straight up Friedmanist, after the economist, because ostensibly God is a "free-market" Capitalist (the fact that the New Testament declares otherwise, notwithstanding). Glover is a barker for a cause. There's a slight difference. But I suppose both want people to open up their checkbooks.


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:09.
Page 1 of 2

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC