Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 57 of 1252

TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

MasterGnr 03-26-2016 18:19

The only reason the system is bad is that there are no checks in the system. Need term limits for Congress. Need to get rid of PACs.

Jason Chaffetz gets it. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house...ry?id=36222967

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

naptown 03-26-2016 18:21

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUOCxpOVAAA_d6C.jpg:large

DocHolliday 03-26-2016 18:33

Mmmmm bacon bits.

Reggs 03-26-2016 18:35

After seeing how amazingly ineffective PACs have been this past year, who's still complaining about them?

LouCypher 03-26-2016 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterGnr (Post 18546546)
Need term limits for Congress. Need to get rid of PACs.

PACs are a problem, but what exactly would term limits do other than create a stream of corporate-sponsored revolving "Yes" men with no experience or track record to judge their qualifications on?

You want a Senate full of Tea Party panderers on the right and first-term Obamas on the left? The first thing those term-limited politicians will do after being forced out of office will be a move to the lobbyist sector.

KingSobieski 03-26-2016 20:26

For every 1 billion dollars shaved from the budget, congressmen should be legally granted another wife of child bearing age.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

motoxbudd 03-26-2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by naptown (Post 18546548)

first and prob only time i will ever +rep yer ****tard

MasterGnr 03-26-2016 20:31

No. I want lobbyists to lose their minds...

https://www.termlimits.org/ex-lobbyi...s-term-limits/


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fool 03-26-2016 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18546586)
The first thing those term-limited politicians will do after being forced out of office will be a move to the lobbyist sector.

You mean they don't do that now?

midst1 03-26-2016 20:48

abolish all forms of government
allow genius mastermind like elon musk/buize/bill gates have absolute power
??
profit

Zanthious 03-26-2016 21:02

bill gates is a believer of purging the earth of most of its population there guy..

Pagy 03-26-2016 21:10

if that was true he wouldnt be saving so many useless Africans.

JoMo 03-26-2016 21:32

Is this supposed to be a hit piece or an endorsement?

In Donald Trump***8217;s Worldview, America Comes First, and Everybody Else Pays

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/27/us...gn-policy.html

LouCypher 03-26-2016 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 18546591)
You mean they don't do that now?

Did I say that? No.

Of course they do that now, but with term limits you'd have a lot more of them doing it a lot sooner. A politician knowing they're on their way out would also have more incentive to introduce or pass legislation to benefit their future employers, or increase the value of personal investments.

LouCypher 03-26-2016 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterGnr (Post 18546590)
No. I want lobbyists to lose their minds...

https://www.termlimits.org/ex-lobbyi...s-term-limits/

The best way to persuade someone into doing your bidding is to trick them into thinking it was their idea. Abramoff knows that.

Instead of favors for lunches and golf trips we'd just have payback for support during their campaigns.

MasterGnr 03-27-2016 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18546636)
Did I say that? No.

Of course they do that now, but with term limits you'd have a lot more of them doing it a lot sooner. A politician knowing they're on their way out would also have more incentive to introduce or pass legislation to benefit their future employers, or increase the value of personal investments.

So by that argument, a politician who is continually reelected would feel secure and pass legislation that is for the good of their constituents? Of course not...they don't now.

So I would much rather they draw the private sector paycheck, but admittedly that doesn't solve the problem. Maybe it doesn't, but at least we are not rewarding them with long term cushy jobs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

starwolf_nexus 03-27-2016 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoxbudd (Post 18546589)
first and prob only time i will ever +rep yer ****tard

they also make a lubricant for other types of guns
http://www.prmediablast.com/wp-conte...igEasePack.jpg

LouCypher 03-27-2016 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterGnr (Post 18546705)
So by that argument, a politician who is continually reelected would feel secure and pass legislation that is for the good of their constituents? Of course not...they don't now.

So I would much rather they draw the private sector paycheck, but admittedly that doesn't solve the problem. Maybe it doesn't, but at least we are not rewarding them with long term cushy jobs.

It's only "rewarding" if they get re-elected. You're more comfortable with limiting the freedom of voters to choose their representatives in a vain effort to reduce corruption. If you're happy with the job your Senator has done for 20 years, why is it better for you if he can't be re-elected?

Dangerdoggie 03-27-2016 06:14

Who's the sexist pig now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9MDXJy6BDQ

SINep 03-27-2016 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie (Post 18546753)

Fairly certain he says "Don't stand there."


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06.
Page 57 of 1252

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2018 Tribalwar.Com, LLC