Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 1 of 2

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tribes Scripting and Modifying (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tribes 2k17 (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686718)

S_hift 12-25-2016 20:02

Tribes 2k17

i put together a bunch of skins and textures that i've been collecting. Some of them are hand made by yours truly and others made by various artists. I've spent a lot of time tuning and optimizing textures and the overall feel of this configuration. It's my personal config along with all the textures fonts and scripts I've collected over the years. Some of the textures are from other games like T2 and Quake 2. Big thanks to lestat, argh, mariejane, milkman, nofix, laughingstork, groove, perrinoia, krogoth, bugs_, crow, and slitz. Without these people tribes wouldn't be here today.

Thank You! Have a happy new year!

Known issues and features.

I believe the startup issue is actually a win8 plugin bug.
Due to the nature of 1.41 autoloader patch, some plugins fail to load at startup. This can cause tribes to not load up, but idle as a dead process. Ctrl alt del to shut down the process and try again.

Sometimes upon joining a server mjhirez plugin fails to resize base textures. I don't know why. This will happen occasionally regardless of skybox.dll simply restart tribes. If it persists, reinstall all stockleak base files, then remove skybox.dll and .cs from plugins and config.

Menu refresh bug. If you fiddle with setting or refresh the server list, tribes will encounter an error and crash. This was a bug due to the incomplete state of the 1.40 stock leak. server list is up to date so you don't need to refresh so often.

rage quitting crashing or alt f4'ing out will cause tribes not to save settings properly. Be sure to close and save your settings.

Binds can be set within the options menu

Pilot script

stripped bunnys dropper

this is a very flexible config. Ideal for switching between mods like LT and anni.

netset adjustment binds default value starts at 32 prediction (+32pft) and 64 interpolation (stock 1.11)

field of view adjustment binds defaults at 100

sometimes a server will reset your binds and settings. that wont happen anymore. Any changes you make to the clientpref.cs and config.cs can be pasted into the autoexec.cs as insurance that your config stays the same.

transparent explosions - lets be honest, all that spam gets in the way.

High framerate skies. (credits to stork) basically mid res desaturated skies for visibility.

no more lenseflare or weird planets in the sky or skysores. skybox will only draw if there is a sky within the map. all skies are day skies now.

PREVIEW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSwSEuIr_8

DOWNLOAD
Tribes 2k17

~dickschnitzel~ 12-25-2016 21:10

https://media.tenor.co/images/1ece84...3389/tenor.gif

Exodus 12-25-2016 21:58

ya, wat he said

groove 12-25-2016 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_hift (Post 18694900)
Due to the nature of 1.41 autoloader patch, some plugins fail to load at startup. This can cause tribes to not load up, but idle as a dead process. Ctrl alt del to shut down the process and try again.

its possible that it's an issue with the patched win8/10 .exe i made (because it loads plugins early) + skybox, ppl should use the registry fix instead because it loads plugins later as intended by nofix

but there isn't any issues with plugins or the autoloader in my experience. plugins made by nofix/emjay/greyhound/myself all load fine with either fix - either by hooking later in the process or waiting until after startup is done

also, i see ur using my chatinput plugin, but you're only changing the draw location by 10 pixels upwards - r u using it just to get rid of the greenlines? if so, you still have $pref::ChatInputModMethod Y = "1" which is moving the input upwards by the number of pixels set in $pref::ChatInputY = "10";

which isn't really noticeable or an issue but you're hooking a function you dont need to, if you only wanna use chatinput.dll for the 'nogreenlines' part set both ChatInputModMethods to 0 - that means no modifications, and the draw hooks dont need to load

also if ur only using it for the nogreenlines/chatinputbrackets i'll look thru my folders, i know at some point i made a 'nogreenlines2.0' that properly killed the greenlines in the chat input too, i just never released it

S_hift 12-26-2016 00:05

yeah I'm only using it to remove the green lines. I left the comment examples so that ppl could figure out how to make or recolor their own setups. I guess these variables are for placing the actual inputchat hud somewhere else like near the top?

I'm gonna be doing a config from the bottom up of the stock leak. Something that resembles modern new wave. This one will be more aimed towards LT looking like TRON or something lol
http://i.imgur.com/YhV31jT.png

lemon 12-26-2016 08:58

lol

S_hift 12-26-2016 19:22

lemon you're really riding me hard. hop off and enjoy the download. go play some tribes.

lemon 12-26-2016 19:40

lol

The boy with no face 12-26-2016 23:51

So sour

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

machine88aus 12-27-2016 01:05

what did i just watch srlsly

S_hift 12-27-2016 03:29

that was a config preview in annihilation mod. it's based off laughing storks pro config v2 and milks moove fonts and huds

lemon 12-27-2016 07:59

lol

Laughing-Stork 12-27-2016 16:03

Man that stork guy made some ****ty stuff

spockhammer 12-27-2016 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_hift (Post 18694900)
i put together a bunch of skins and textures that i've been collecting. Some of them are hand made by yours truly and others made by various artists. I've spent a lot of time tuning and optimizing textures and the overall feel of this configuration. It's my personal config along with all the textures fonts and scripts I've collected over the years. Some of the textures are from other games like T2 and Quake 2. Big thanks to lestat, argh, mariejane, milkman, nofix, laughingstork, groove, perrinoia, krogoth, bugs_, crow, and slitz. Without these people tribes wouldn't be here today.

Thank You! Have a happy new year!

Known issues and features.

Sometimes upon joining a server mjhirez plugin fails to resize base textures. I don't know why. This will happen occasionally regardless of skybox.dll simply restart tribes. If it persists, reinstall all stockleak base files, then remove skybox.dll and .cs from plugins and config.

Menu refresh bug. If you fiddle with setting or refresh the server list, tribes will encounter an error and crash. This was a bug due to the incomplete state of the 1.40 stock leak. server list is up to date so you don't need to refresh so often.

rage quitting crashing or alt f4'ing out will cause tribes not to save settings properly. Be sure to close and save your settings.

Binds can be set within the options menu

Pilot script

stripped bunnys dropper

this is a very flexible config. Ideal for switching between mods like LT and anni.

netset adjustment binds default value starts at 32 prediction (+32pft) and 64 interpolation (stock 1.11)

field of view adjustment binds defaults at 100

sometimes a server will reset your binds and settings. that wont happen anymore. Any changes you make to the clientpref.cs and config.cs can be pasted into the autoexec.cs as insurance that your config stays the same.

transparent explosions - lets be honest, all that spam gets in the way.

High framerate skies. (credits to stork) basically mid res desaturated skies for visibility.

no more lenseflare or weird planets in the sky or skysores. skybox will only draw if there is a sky within the map. all skies are day skies now.

PREVIEW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSwSEuIr_8

DOWNLOAD
Tribes 2k17

lemon 12-27-2016 21:12

complete with fngrvision

spockhammer 12-27-2016 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemontw (Post 18695790)
complete with fngrvision

lemon 12-29-2016 21:25

shift is triggered by lol

Exodus 01-26-2017 20:37

Quote:

lol

lemon 01-26-2017 21:21

lol

S_hift 01-26-2017 22:19

lol

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page