Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 4 of 5

TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Next stage of life (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688971)

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 19:49

It's always going to be a trade off.

Money, kids, no time

Time, kids, no money

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835338)
like everything in life, there are ups and downs and different people will have different experiences

for example, I doubt financial considerations carry the same weight for TechnoDonut as for you, as I'm pretty sure he and his partner are both in the medical profession and (I assume) pull down some big bucks

how much or little time, money and happiness I have with my two kids will be totally different to another 34 year old dude with 2 kids depending on a multitude of factors

obviously

FYIW my wife is a second grade teacher. She makes next to nothing. I make $51,000 per year currently, and won't make much more than that for another 3 years.

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 19:50

What kills me is people who have a kid and that kid is messed up from the start. And it drags the family down. I worked over at the childrens hospital for a while and you would see parents in there with teen aged kids that were in a wheel chair, on oxygen, barely able to hold their heads up and you could tell by looking at them that child was barely aware of their surroundings and likely will always be like that.

At what point can they say 'this one isn't working out' and not be considered a heartless *******. The family will be all but destroyed trying to take care of this kid that will never get 'better' and when mom and dad die, now this person will go from one state home to another, probably getting treated like ****

coombz 10-01-2017 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoDonut (Post 18835350)
FYIW my wife is a second grade teacher. She makes next to nothing. I make $51,000 per year currently, and won't make much more than that for another 3 years.

hehe gg

I guess you'll manage though, people generally do :bigthumb:

I'd be more worried about raising a child in Bodymore, Murdaland...

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835354)
hehe gg

I guess you'll manage though, people generally do :bigthumb:

I'd be more worried about raising a child in Bodymore, Murdaland...

Thanks. We'll move out of the city, and our starter home, as soon as we can make it work... believe me...

BeLiaL 10-01-2017 22:03

when's your wife due, techno?

mine's due april 2nd

HumDumpin 10-01-2017 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18832602)
Fathering a child with a Japanese milf 10years older than me. That's right, there's going to be a prince Sobieski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://i.redd.it/v4t8o1jlz2pz.gif

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLiaL (Post 18835394)
when's your wife due, techno?

mine's due april 2nd

Congrats!

She's only 8ish weeks. We haven't even had our first post-conception OB appointment. Provided that she doesn't abort, sometime in May I'd guess.

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoDonut (Post 18835397)
Congrats!

She's only 8ish weeks. We haven't even had our first post-conception OB appointment. Provided that she doesn't abort, sometime in May I'd guess.

Congrats. Is this your first?

mjoe 10-01-2017 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuggerNaught (Post 18835352)
What kills me is people who have a kid and that kid is messed up from the start. And it drags the family down. I worked over at the childrens hospital for a while and you would see parents in there with teen aged kids that were in a wheel chair, on oxygen, barely able to hold their heads up and you could tell by looking at them that child was barely aware of their surroundings and likely will always be like that.

At what point can they say 'this one isn't working out' and not be considered a heartless *******. The family will be all but destroyed trying to take care of this kid that will never get 'better' and when mom and dad die, now this person will go from one state home to another, probably getting treated like ****

yeah, my sister is 33 and still relies on our parents to pay her bills. has had endless different diseases and injuries, lots of time in the hospital. i also think she contributed to the divorce, dad has pretty much stopped talking to her because she stresses him out so much and is constantly asking for money.

ArakAtak 10-02-2017 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18835254)
Nurture affects genes, you ****ing retard. How do you not know this?

I'm gonna wait until I get Vanster's opinion on this. I want real science backing this one up.

BeLiaL 10-02-2017 09:00

That you can say nurture affects genes, but then not think anyone can be born with mental illness, blows my mind.

KingSobieski 10-02-2017 10:40

So she's in Japan right now but is very sick. She's decided to sell her real estate business and fly back to the USA this month. She's requested I add a finished floor to my house (everything is just subfloor) and also that I get a real bed (i have a futon fold-out couch).
At the end of October I'll be taking a 5 day business trip to Argentina. Need to contact immigration lawyer and see what process we need to go through for permanent residency.

Rayn 10-02-2017 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18835256)
You don't have a stay-at-home mom?

No, she stays with my parents most of the week and goes to daycare the other half to socialize and learn toddler stuff. My wife was SAHM for almost a year, but in this part of the country you're going to be much better off with a double income if you only have one kid. Daycare is maybe 12 grand a year so unless you have multiple kids, it's not going to save you money. Women these days don't even know how to be a SAHM, I'd rather have people who either went to college for it (daycare) or had tons of experience with multiple kids (my mom) get some exposure to her.

Again, I enjoy fatherhood, especially as the child gets older and develops a personality. I'm one of four kids, but I have no idea how my parents did it. I guess my house was utter chaos growing up.

At most I'd consider one more but that's it. I kind of like spending without regard to a budget or anything right now, so I guess that would have to change.

coombz 10-02-2017 15:39

yeah when you think about it, it's mind bottling how millions of mothers throughout history have been able to successfully raise their kids without a college degree of some kind

:nuts:

dubsack 10-02-2017 16:43

People making raising kids way harder than it needs to be.

Falhawk 10-02-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayn (Post 18835691)
No, she stays with my parents most of the week and goes to daycare the other half to socialize and learn toddler stuff. My wife was SAHM for almost a year, but in this part of the country you're going to be much better off with a double income if you only have one kid. Daycare is maybe 12 grand a year so unless you have multiple kids, it's not going to save you money. Women these days don't even know how to be a SAHM, I'd rather have people who either went to college for it (daycare) or had tons of experience with multiple kids (my mom) get some exposure to her.

Again, I enjoy fatherhood, especially as the child gets older and develops a personality. I'm one of four kids, but I have no idea how my parents did it. I guess my house was utter chaos growing up.

At most I'd consider one more but that's it. I kind of like spending without regard to a budget or anything right now, so I guess that would have to change.

I got lucky in that we found a daycare that was a husband and wife thing. He was retired and she had been running a daycare for a really long time. They were basically like another set of grandparents.

Your point about the cost of daycare though is spot on.

I do kind of laugh when people decry daycare as someone else raising your kid. They are only there for a little while and will be in school waaaaay longer. If you can't parent your kids with the time you have with them you just plain suck.

blackpeople 10-02-2017 16:55

rayn does ur daughter look more like u or ur wife

i pray my daughter gets my wife's looks, im really retarded looking

coombz 10-02-2017 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpeople (Post 18835870)
rayn does ur daughter look more like u or ur wife

i pray my daughter gets my wife's looks, im really retarded looking

In Jugg's study linked above, I read that sloped forehead is 85% likely to be passed on by the male parent, I am sorry to say

:(

aScotiA 10-02-2017 23:09

well that didn't work

KittyCat 10-02-2017 23:13

Val your married?

Exodus 10-03-2017 10:11

we need pics damnit

Falhawk 10-03-2017 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyCat (Post 18836284)
Val your married?

if true, can you imagine how subservient his wife would have to be? He is like the definition of misogyny. We'll read about him in a few years for "taking his wife down a peg or two."

dubsack 10-03-2017 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falhawk (Post 18836492)
if true, can you imagine how subservient his wife would have to be? He is like the definition of misogyny. We'll read about him in a few years for "taking his wife down a peg or two."

As opposed to what we currently read about Falhawk "getting pegged by his wife a time or two".

S_hift 10-03-2017 14:01

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d3/d3397...326a7a30d4.jpg

Falhawk 10-03-2017 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubsack (Post 18836545)
As opposed to what we currently read about Falhawk "getting pegged by his wife a time or two".

cleanup on aisle 6 buddy

get on it or else management will have you licking floors

blackpeople 10-03-2017 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835906)
In Jugg's study linked above, I read that sloped forehead is 85% likely to be passed on by the male parent, I am sorry to say

:(

:srsly:

arsin 10-03-2017 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuggerNaught (Post 18834918)

Jews must have done this study, they made sure to show how unique they are.

Such is the way of those who are chosen.

arsin 10-03-2017 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835224)
No, which explains why I'm so well adjusted.

Aren't you in your thirties and hiking around Europe begging Lambo owners if you can touch their car?

I was beside a blue Lambo yesterday at a red light. Furiously I jammed a piece of breath gum and started chewing, got the sugar out and plfut I spit it out at the Lambo's roof. It hit and instead of sliding off it just stuck there. For $450k you don't get frictionless paint wtf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835231)
that pic is revolting

everyone knows applejack is best pony

:srsly:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18835252)
when i saw the new trailer for my little pony movie

i knew there would be more excited 30 yo single neck beards than children going to see that

and that is when i cried a little inside

arsin 10-03-2017 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTrap (Post 18835258)
Luckily all that **** Rayn said hit me early and scared the **** out of me. I struggled for years and the thought of adding 2 mouths to that, wife and kid, was more than I could bear.

Not ripping on anyone, just very very glad I didn't do it. and I don't know what I am missing so meh :shrug:

God bless ya. :flag:

Brasstax 10-03-2017 22:02

Have you pushed this chicks balloon knot in yet?

KingSobieski 10-04-2017 02:24

Last night we had talked about baby names and decided Kenta Ichiro for a boy and Rachael Noriko for a girl. I liked Kenta for a boy because its a Japanese name but works well as Ken in the USA and my uncle is also Kenneth. She just liked Rachel for a girl so that's what she wanted. Ichiro and Noriko are her parents.

She started to bleed last night and went to the hospital today. She has to return for surgery because not all the parts came out.

I return to Japan for a week in December. She's all alone right now and crying. I feel like I just ruin everything. Feels bad.

dubsack 10-04-2017 03:11

Oh surprise. No baby.

havax 10-04-2017 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18836807)
Last night we had talked about baby names and decided Kenta Ichiro for a boy and Rachael Noriko for a girl. I liked Kenta for a boy because its a Japanese name but works well as Ken in the USA and my uncle is also Kenneth. She just liked Rachel for a girl so that's what she wanted. Ichiro and Noriko are her parents.

She started to bleed last night and went to the hospital today. She has to return for surgery because not all the parts came out.

I return to Japan for a week in December. She's all alone right now and crying. I feel like I just ruin everything. Feels bad.

dodged a bullet, friend.

Brasstax 10-04-2017 03:47

Maybe want to give it a week until you try that balloon knot move.

Also - sorry dude. That's a terrible thing to go through. The only thing that heals that is another baby. Back to it champ.

coombz 10-04-2017 03:57

lol the slope probably aborted herself manually with a coat hangar because the idea of having Sobieski's retarded, terrorist looking child and living in squalor was not very attractive to her

havax 10-04-2017 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18836819)
lol the slope probably aborted herself manually with a coat hangar because the idea of having Sobieski's retarded, terrorist looking child and living in squalor was not very attractive to her

dang that's cold and racist bro

coombz 10-04-2017 05:43

well yeah

that kind of post and slur for maximum abuse and shock value is very firmly in the spirit of tw, I feel :roller: I'm just partying like it's 2009

i'll happily leave the white supremacy garbage to you and the rest of the moron brigade

BeLiaL 10-04-2017 08:28

let's face it this whole thread is a lie anyway

up until a month a guy this guy was unemployed and looking for work, building ****ty things in his backyard

now suddenly he's a world-traveler

Falhawk 10-04-2017 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLiaL (Post 18836838)
let's face it this whole thread is a lie anyway

up until a month a guy this guy was unemployed and looking for work, building ****ty things in his backyard

now suddenly he's a world-traveler

this.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page