Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 3 of 5

TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Next stage of life (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688971)

Amadeus 10-01-2017 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayn (Post 18835037)
I'm not comfortable with having another child (I honestly don't know how anyone does this) because I would rather have one kid that is completely financially secure than two who are kinda 'meh'.

Children without siblings have a gigantically bigger chance of ending up in prison or a mental institution.

Just sayin'.

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18835011)
I pretty much **** on every single point you attempted to make before you even made it.

Funny enough, even your own **** links said you're wrong:
"Two recent studies support this link at least associatively, but experts remain uncertain if age is the cause of these problems."

Autism is a joke.

"Mental illness" = nurture. Old people (moms and dads) don't raise children well.

You don't know what you're talking about.

As for the old women having children: ridiculous to say the least. I can absolutely guarantee that there is a ****ton of leftist bull**** going on for this to even be continued to be tested. How many thousands of years have we known that older women have a slew of problems giving birth past 40? Literally all of history? Oh, well now it's wrong! It's like linking to a research article about man causing all global warming/cooling/whatever. It's political bull****. They know women, as dumb and gullible as they are, are catching onto the fact that their ovaries are shriveling up and they want to "scientifically" pat them on the back and say that "it's okay to wait until you're nearing menopause to have kids!!"

except that you have no actual data or proof and I do.

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLiaL (Post 18835017)
most mental illness is [probably] genetic

or is it just a coincidence that gene-specific medicines are used to treat people

and juggs can't even understand the **** he posts... your damn link said that the lower risk is probably because the babies don't make it to term--in other words, the risk is basically just as high (if not higher) than a lower age group, but it is not realized bc more of the babies are probably dying before birth

Yeah...thats not really how the data work out, but since you apparently are all knowing, I'm sure you figured that out by now

BeLiaL 10-01-2017 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18835080)
She wants to go to work. She can make 2x my salary and I can stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 x 0 is still 0

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 10:52

Like most diseases, there are genetic and environmental factors that influence the development, course, and severity of mental illness. It's not either/or; you're all right. Check out the Stockholm adoption study from the 80's and subsequent similar work on alcoholism. Or the multiple GWAS linking certain polymorphisms to schizophrenia.

Humanity's understanding of genetics is pretty superficial at this point. Even for minority of diseases for which we understand the exact genetic cause (Trisomy 21 causing Down syndrome, A to T switch on the beta globin gene causing sickle cell, delta F508 on the CFTR gene causing cystic fibrosis), there are still huge variations in phenotype that we do not fully understand and that, once again, probably have both genetic and environmental determinants.

Groove 10-01-2017 14:49

why have juggs and validuz done so much reading about downs syndrome

BeLiaL 10-01-2017 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoDonut (Post 18835106)
Like most diseases, there are genetic and environmental factors that influence the development, course, and severity of mental illness. It's not either/or; you're all right. Check out the Stockholm adoption study from the 80's and subsequent similar work on alcoholism. Or the multiple GWAS linking certain polymorphisms to schizophrenia.

Humanity's understanding of genetics is pretty superficial at this point. Even for minority of diseases for which we understand the exact genetic cause (Trisomy 21 causing Down syndrome, A to T switch on the beta globin gene causing sickle cell, delta F508 on the CFTR gene causing cystic fibrosis), there are still huge variations in phenotype that we do not fully understand and that, once again, probably have both genetic and environmental determinants.

this

except we're not all right, bc Val thinks it's only "nurture"

Captain Tele 10-01-2017 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835088)
Children without siblings have a gigantically bigger chance of ending up in prison or a mental institution.

Just sayin'.

were you an only child amadeus

because i want everyone to turn out normal like you are.......

30's watching kids cartoons is the new normal imo

can't wait for new my little pony movie coming out (said man beard guy without kids)

Amadeus 10-01-2017 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18835193)
were you an only child amadeus

No, which explains why I'm so well adjusted.

Captain Tele 10-01-2017 17:20

LOL

oh yeah

https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...b94b333ffade78

fine tuned i would call it

Amadeus 10-01-2017 17:23

that pic is revolting

everyone knows applejack is best pony

bowl of blood 10-01-2017 17:27

is that the gay one or the tranny

coombz 10-01-2017 17:45

Applejack is the one with the southern accent :stab:

Captain Tele 10-01-2017 17:46

when i saw the new trailer for my little pony movie

i knew there would be more excited 30 yo single neck beards than children going to see that

and that is when i cried a little inside

Validuz 10-01-2017 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuggerNaught (Post 18835090)
except that you have no actual data or proof and I do.

No, you didn't. Your own ****ing links said there's no evidence, just an association.

My reply is that it's nurture. Nurture affects genes, you ****ing retard. How do you not know this?

What 60-year-old man is helping to bring a child into the world, then at 70 and 80, raise a young man/woman that is psychologically sound? I would bet any amount of money that someone raise by old people are far more likely to be ****ed up, just like any child raised by a single mother or broken, ****ty, or progressive family.

Genetics are very important. Nurture is just as important, if not more.

Validuz 10-01-2017 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeLiaL (Post 18835160)
this

except we're not all right, bc Val thinks it's only "nurture"

I never said that, retard. I said older men don't have problems creating healthy children. I said that his linked study is dubious and probably has political reasoning behind it. E.g.: Trying to get "science" behind the unfortunate reality that your shriveling ovaries aren't going to produce offspring forever, so stop worrying about your career and get in a stable relationship with a man.

Validuz 10-01-2017 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayn (Post 18835037)
I have a 3 year old daughter, I don't regret it, but I will say it is definitely hard. I have a hard time getting things done with my commitments to my daughter and work. There's no more "me time" which is something I always needed a lot of. That's why I'm staying up later every night and getting by on 2-3 hours of sleep. Also, it's going to cost a LOT of money. I'm not comfortable with having another child (I honestly don't know how anyone does this) because I would rather have one kid that is completely financially secure than two who are kinda 'meh'.

the frustrating part is while you're sacrificing so much for your child, at the same time you have to realize they don't understand or appreciate it, and they probably won't until 30 years down the line when they have kids. at least that was how it went for me.

kids are so stupid hard I don't know why everyone has them. i mean i remember thinking, "well how different could it be?" 3 years later I have completely different priorities.

You don't have a stay-at-home mom?

coombz 10-01-2017 18:07

nope

Rayn became a beta male when he tied the knot

FeelsBadMan

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 18:09

Luckily all that **** Rayn said hit me early and scared the **** out of me. I struggled for years and the thought of adding 2 mouths to that, wife and kid, was more than I could bear.

Not ripping on anyone, just very very glad I didn't do it. and I don't know what I am missing so meh :shrug:

coombz 10-01-2017 18:15

the human race thanks you profusely, StupidTrap

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 18:18

Explain your retards and ****ty life?

coombz 10-01-2017 18:22

well, I guess my life isn't "**** posting on TW relentlessly while waiting to die" levels of awesome

but have to say i'm pretty damn happy with everything :sunny: even on a Monday morning

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 18:26

I am happy as a lark. I guess we are two happy dudes. Clearly different priorities but we are both extremely happy with how life is turning out. A few bumps in the road but we saved our cash and made some wise financial decisions and now we both live very comfortable, financially secure lives :bigthumb:

Right?

coombz 10-01-2017 18:27

and you refrained from further polluting the gene pool with your spastic seed

ka pai bro :bigthumb: high fives all round

Amadeus 10-01-2017 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18835252)
when i saw the new trailer for my little pony movie

i knew there would be more excited 30 yo single neck beards than children going to see that

and that is when i cried a little inside

i didnt know there is a new trailer for my little pony movie

its interesting that you should be more up to date on pony news than me :Hmm:

Captain Tele 10-01-2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835272)
i didnt know there is a new trailer for my little pony movie

its interesting that you should be more up to date on pony news than me :Hmm:

My Little Pony - Official Movie Site - In Theaters October 6, 2017

in theaters oct 6th

i only had to watch a single commercial break (which there are many hours of) on my local tv to find this out

now get excite

:srsly:

Captain Tele 10-01-2017 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835267)
and you refrained from further polluting the gene pool with your spastic seed

ka pai bro :bigthumb: high fives all round

https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...0f2760113618cb

that being winning or losing

all children in the future going to still ask themselves that question

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Validuz (Post 18835255)
I never said that, retard. I said older men don't have problems creating healthy children. I said that his linked study is dubious and probably has political reasoning behind it. E.g.: Trying to get "science" behind the unfortunate reality that your shriveling ovaries aren't going to produce offspring forever, so stop worrying about your career and get in a stable relationship with a man.

and exactly what political agenda would be behind telling people that their older, worn out genetic material has a good chance of making ****ed up offspring? Do you really think that a 50 year old guy is turning out the same quality of baby batter as a 20 year old?

Quote:

Four new studies this week take on the genetics of autism, finding further evidence that older fathers are at increased risk of having an autistic child and suggesting that, overall, the genetic roots of the condition are incredibly complex.
Why Kids Still Need to Learn Manners | TIME.com did take sex ed or biology in school right? You do know how this process works don't you?

KingSobieski 10-01-2017 19:20

I also saw a study about older mothers having children that are smarter, stronger, and taller.

Research says children of older mothers are smarter, taller, and stronger — Quartz

what say you juggle-nuts?

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 19:28

I think many, if not most, people find meaning (happiness) in the aspects of their life that require the most effort and responsibility: faith traditions, careers, family, community involvement, etc. In addition to the strong biological drive to procreate, I think that explains a large part of the desire to have children. Sorry to hijack the thread, but my wife got pregnant about 2 months ago, so I've been thinking about this a lot lately :).

coombz 10-01-2017 19:30

haha you're gonna be sadposting like Rayn this time next year

congrats tho :sunny:

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 19:33

Sooo you are talking from a perspective that doesn't really know? Just conversing but let's see what you say at 2 when no sleep, at 5 when no money, at 16 when "hey, **** you dad."

Most effort and **** that are two different things. Not on you but I am sensitive to the sounds of.. what you don't have kids? well you don't know what you are.... ****ing blah.

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835328)
haha you're gonna be sadposting like Rayn this time next year

congrats tho :sunny:

I'll likely just stop posting entirely ;)

lemontw 10-01-2017 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835125)
fingerpainting with my jizz on dead girls bodies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeus (Post 18835224)
No, which explains why I'm so well adjusted.

coombz 10-01-2017 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTrap (Post 18835332)
Sooo you are talking from a perspective that doesn't really know? Just conversing but let's see what you say at 2 when no sleep, at 5 when no money, at 16 when "hey, **** you dad."

Most effort and **** that are two different things. Not on you but I am sensitive to the sounds of.. what you don't have kids? well you don't know what you are.... ****ing blah.

like everything in life, there are ups and downs and different people will have different experiences

for example, I doubt financial considerations carry the same weight for TechnoDonut as for you, as I'm pretty sure he and his partner are both in the medical profession and (I assume) pull down some big bucks

how much or little time, money and happiness I have with my two kids will be totally different to another 34 year old dude with 2 kids depending on a multitude of factors

obviously

JuggerNaught 10-01-2017 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18835305)
I also saw a study about older mothers having children that are smarter, stronger, and taller.

Research says children of older mothers are smarter, taller, and stronger — Quartz

what say you juggle-nuts?

Possibly. From what i've read if an older woman has kids with a younger guy (below 35) the child is less likely to have issues. Likewise if an older guy has children with a younger girl, less likely to have problems. But teen girls seem to have a high instance of birth defects in general, both mental and physical, and women over 35 tend to also have higher instance of birth defects if they are having kids with guys the same age or older. The "sweet spot" for women to have kids with a same age mate without issues seems to be 20's to early 30's. But there are a lot of other factors that come into play as well.

Like most things dealing with human development, its not a single faceted question and doesn't have a single faceted answer.

TechnoDonut 10-01-2017 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTrap (Post 18835332)

Given what I do for work and the lack of emphasis my wife and I place on material things, I don't think money will be an issue. But, similar to Rayn, I think I'll probably run into problems with my ability to devote time and energy to everything I want to do.

I admit that I am totally ignorant about the whole kid thing. And, given how ****ed up my family was, I don't have great experience to build on. But I'm still looking forward.

As far as you not having kids... Different strokes... you do you... etc etc etc. I couldn't care less.

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by coombz (Post 18835338)
like everything in life, there are ups and downs and different people will have different experiences

for example, I doubt financial considerations carry the same weight for TechnoDonut as for you, as I'm pretty sure he and his partner are both in the medical profession and (I assume) pull down some big bucks

how much or little time, money and happiness I have with my two kids will be totally different to another 34 year old dude with 2 kids depending on a multitude of factors

obviously

and I agree. Like I said being childless has honed my rebuttals that most people are to afraid to talk about. I am not completely stupid . I know people get it but it seems like people don't like to talk about the dice roll that kids are. Sometimes you win, win big, lose, lose big. Gamble.

SuperTrap 10-01-2017 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoDonut (Post 18835342)
Given what I do for work and the lack of emphasis my wife and I place on material things, I don't think money will be an issue. But, similar to Rayn, I think I'll probably run into problems with my ability to devote time and energy to everything I want to do.

I admit that I am totally ignorant about the whole kid thing. And, given how ****ed up my family was, I don't have great experience to build on. But I'm still looking forward.

As far as you not having kids... Different strokes... you do you... etc etc etc. I couldn't care less.

Don't get touchy.. Congrats. I hope it goes great... but like you and coombz pointed out, medical field.. I know the kind of hours that demands.

I said I was just conversing.

blackpeople 10-01-2017 19:48

deep thoughts

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page