Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 3 of 9

TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   So my stupid smoke detector's going off for no reason (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558856)

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:16

UPDATE: Vacuuming didn't seem to do the trick, either. Perhaps sandpaper or hyperventilation will yield better results?

Dysc0rd 09-27-2008 00:16

Help my toliet is overflowing but only maintenance is allowed to use the plunger. I'll just wade in a pile of **** all night and hope the problem fixes itself.

Sincerely,
Ben Reed

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gon (Post 13746110)
is there a wire going in to the ceiling

if so disconnect it and call maintenance in the morning

this is pretty pathetic ben reed

I know, I just don't like tampering with stuff cause I've always been paranoid of getting in trouble. I'll take another peek at it and decide whether it's worth further meddling.

Really, at this point I'm prepared to just let it run unless the people next door start banging on my door. It's not that big of a deal to me, though it is annoying.

Flyersfan 09-27-2008 00:18

im convinced at this point its a moron alarm

you have no hope of shutting that thing off

Reno 09-27-2008 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Reed (Post 13746133)
I know, I just don't like tampering with stuff cause I've always been paranoid of getting in trouble. I'll take another peek at it and decide whether it's worth further meddling.

Really, at this point I'm prepared to just let it run unless the people next door start banging on my door. It's not that big of a deal to me, though it is annoying.

Just do it.

It's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

It's even better to say "****in' thing wouldn't shut up so I did what I had to do."

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysc0rd (Post 13746129)
Help my toliet is overflowing but only maintenance is allowed to use the plunger. I'll just wade in a pile of **** all night and hope the problem fixes itself.

Sincerely,
Ben Reed

Nah, that actually happened to my brother earlier in the year and we dealt with that on the spot. But that was ****, and this is noise. Noise is annoying as ****, but it ain't going to leave mold and bacteria in its wake.

Dysc0rd 09-27-2008 00:21

I imagine Ben Reed functioning in society is like in that Star Trek movie where Capt Kirk and gang go into 20th century San Francisco. Totally clueless and out of place.

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersfan (Post 13746134)
im convinced at this point its a moron alarm

you have no hope of shutting that thing off

Your assertion would actually be rather valid if it weren't for the fact that the alarm only started going off now after at least two instances of routine maintainence.

That suggests to me that either I only NOW became a moron (I admit, I'm not ready to rule out that possibility), or that the alarm is, in fact, for detecting smoke/CO, and not for morons.

I would say the most concrete evidence (though not wholly conclusive) that I'm a moron is the fact that I shared my experience with TW. I must admit, that's not the most sensible decision I ever made. But I've made my bed, and I will sleep in it as a man ought to -- even with a smoke detector blaring in the adjacent room,

Jungle Fish 09-27-2008 00:25

what ever you do don't cut the red or black wires

Flyersfan 09-27-2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Reed (Post 13746144)
Your assertion would actually be rather valid if it weren't for the fact that the alarm only started going off now after at least two instances of routine maintainence.

That suggests to me that either I only NOW became a moron (I admit, I'm not ready to rule out that possibility), or that the alarm is, in fact, for detecting smoke/CO, and not for morons.

I would say the most concrete evidence (though not wholly conclusive) that I'm a moron is the fact that I shared my experience with TW. I must admit, that's not the most sensible decision I ever made. But I've made my bed, and I will sleep in it as a man ought to -- even with a smoke detector blaring in the adjacent room,

wat

Yaason 09-27-2008 00:27

ground yourself with tin foil before you cut anything. wouldnt want an accident.

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:28

One more note on the wiring: I took another look and the nearest clean connection is glued/caulked/whatever you'd call it together, presumably to prevent disconnection by tenants such as myself. Of course the obvious conclusion here is simply to CUT the wires and be done with that, but that's a little too desperate for my tastes.

As for Dysc0rd, well, your mother. I slept with her. She enjoyed it. Give her my regards.

Gon 09-27-2008 00:32

is this a troll ben reed or are you really this helpless

Effective 09-27-2008 00:36

I hope it's not really a carbon monoxide detector.

fraggle 09-27-2008 00:37

how dumb are you ben reed? call 911, theres a fire in your apartment dude!

Bad_CRC 09-27-2008 00:38

when you die from CO poisoning you will probably make the news,


and so will this thread.

:)

hi news :wave:

T-Refried-455 09-27-2008 00:39

your lack of assertiveness in the face of obvious answers is extremely disturbing

unplug

the

smoke

detector

99.9% of the human population would have done this approx. 4 seconds after the alarm went off. i'm sure there's an obvious connector that can be removed (and don't tell me that glue is stronger than your arms).

Ben Reed 09-27-2008 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gon (Post 13746175)
is this a troll ben reed or are you really this helpless

"Helpless", I think, is the wrong way to phrase it.

I think it's just way too reactionary/immature to smash/brutally disconnect something that doesn't technically belong to me, particularly when it's not of life-threatening import to me or anybody else near me, especially when I only have a few hours' wait to solve the problem legitimately. It smacks of desperation, of not really THINKING about what could be done and the consequences of one's actions. It says that I'm young and impatient, and that's not how I roll.

The neighbors have yet to complain (most of them are out partying anyway). My brother doesn't give a ****. I can tolerate this. I see no reason to trouble myself with undue property "destruction" over something that's not threatening to kill me with fire or knives or brutal sodomy by a large negroid fellow. This can wait until tomorrow morning, when I can make a proper stink about it to people whose job it is to deal with this.

Gon 09-27-2008 00:41

:lol:

JoMo 09-27-2008 00:42

Ben Reed's world domination stopped by a smoke detector.


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:48.
Page 3 of 9

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2018 Tribalwar.Com, LLC