Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 86 of 626

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

-SS- 05-15-2016 17:09

Then you have this ****:

Quote:

Holder Hosts 'Lawyers for Hillary' as FBI Investigation Goes On
http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2002405
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.weekl...e0c111bf25.png

2 things:

1 - The current DOJ will do nothing about her email scandal (that would put anyone else with a security clearance in jail for and that they are major contributors to her campaign)

2 - $27,000!

Yeah, democrats are truly the Party of Poor.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573567)
Yes, we all realize that there are inherent problems with crony capitalism and we need to figure out the best way to mitigate that.

and that's my only concern

the opposite of fixing our **** system is making it harder for more viable competition to rip apart the turds and ****heads that are clearly taking advantage of us.

more regulation only seems to be drafted and constructed in the interest of those who are already ****ing us over.

more laws only seem to benefit those who have the money and lobby the hardest.

all resulting in less choices and more power/authority for either some GSE monopoly or the government directly.

If more gubmt will automatically fix our corrupted gubmt then I am living in the twilight zone.

I want more choices. More competition. Less centralization of those who I know are ****ing us all over.

That is the complete opposite of direction and intentions I am seeing right now. 40k+ new laws a year being cranked out.....but liberals accuse the nation of being too neoliberal and too much privatization.

they never admit the fact, or even acknowledge the fact, that our government is bought and sold by the very interests they believe they have so many grievances with.

Scud411 05-15-2016 17:14

yeah i just meant I don't want to spiral into something where both of us are just recognizing and then moving around each others' points over and over.

because i just don't have the energy and i'm not even too political.

to me what i see is the government often just seems really ineffective at it's goals. that's a problem. but just because it's a problem doesn't mean private is automatically the solution. which is what i think some people jump to.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573568)
Then you have this ****:


http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2002405
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.weekl...e0c111bf25.png

2 things:

1 - The current DOJ will do nothing about her email scandal (that would put anyone else with a security clearance in jail for and that they are major contributors to her campaign)

2 - $27,000!

Yeah, democrats are truly the Party of Poor.

She is a DOJ hero

Hillary Rakes in Nearly $75,000 From Justice Department Employees

up there with Janet "Burn em all" Reno......janet "the butcher dyke" napolitano......and Eric "Too fast and furious" Holder

-SS- 05-15-2016 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573572)
and that's my only concern

the opposite of fixing our **** system is making it harder for more viable competition to rip apart the turds and ****heads that are clearly taking advantage of us.

more regulation only seems to be drafted and constructed in the interest of those who are already ****ing us over.

more laws only seem to benefit those who have the money and lobby the hardest.

all resulting in less choices and more power/authority for either some GSE monopoly or the government directly.

If more gubmt will automatically fix our corrupted gubmt then I am living in the twilight zone.

I want more choices. More competition. Less centralization of those who I know are ****ing us all over.

That is the complete opposite of direction and intentions I am seeing right now. 40k+ new laws a year being cranked out.....but liberals accuse the nation of being too neoliberal and too much privatization.

they never admit the fact, or even acknowledge the fact, that our government is bought and sold by the very interests they believe they have so many grievances with.

This.

Bonus: Most lobbyists I know on K Street are lawyers or someone politically connected, such as staffers, or ex-politicians themselves. Very lucrative.

One should be able to extrapolate that the laws passed by Congress have been written by lobbyists.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scud411 (Post 18573574)
yeah i just meant I don't want to spiral into something where both of us are just recognizing and then moving around each others' points over and over.

because i just don't have the energy and i'm not even too political.

to me what i see is the government often just seems really ineffective at it's goals. that's a problem. but just because it's a problem doesn't mean private is automatically the solution. which is what i think some people jump to.

to make Lou happy

the idea of our police/prison state suddenly privatizing prisons scares the **** out of me

possibly the worst idea ever imo

and oddly enough the exact direction the UK is going (further proving my fears)

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573579)
This.

Bonus: Most lobbyists I know on K Street are lawyers or someone politically connected, such as staffers, or ex-politicians themselves. Very lucrative.

One should be able to extrapolate that the laws passed by Congress have been written by lobbyists.

We are supposed to be a representative Republic

yet all of our politicians are lawyers

all of their family become lobbyists....

and all our politicians can do is create and generate more laws, beholden to lobbyists, after being bribed by lobbyists, that benefit them and theirs above everyone else around them

if this is success i would hate to see what qualifies as failure

-SS- 05-15-2016 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scud411 (Post 18573574)
yeah i just meant I don't want to spiral into something where both of us are just recognizing and then moving around each others' points over and over.

because i just don't have the energy and i'm not even too political.

to me what i see is the government often just seems really ineffective at it's goals. that's a problem. but just because it's a problem doesn't mean private is automatically the solution. which is what i think some people jump to.

I'll cut to the quick: you seem reasonable and not perpetrating yourself as a fraud, unlike others around here.

Gvt inefficiency is because they cant lose their jobs. Ask a federal worker what it takes to fire them.

Some things the gvt is supposed to do and the few things that they do, they should be great at. With the expansion of gvt into areas where it doesnt need to be, that's where the private sector comes in.

Is that unreasonable to you? Imo, we do need to have a limited gvt in order for our society to flourish and more importantly, function.

-SS- 05-15-2016 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573582)
We are supposed to be a representative Republic

yet all of our politicians are lawyers

all of their family become lobbyists....

and all our politicians can do is create and generate more laws, beholden to lobbyists, after being bribed by lobbyists, that benefit them and theirs above everyone else around them

if this is success i would hate to see what qualifies as failure

This is why we need a purge of the system, a reset with laws to prevent it from happening again. It's a corrupt cesspool who's time has come.

Jefferson was very clear: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 17:40

except how are we supposed to reset and millions of worthless gubmt employees keep their jobs, trillions in defense contracts, trillions in welfare and social safety handouts.....YEARLY

prop up both SS and Medicaid for endless boomers

and not hammer hit the stock market (401k's)

these insidious criminals knew they couldn't hold a bag of garbage ransom over us. so they happily got their fat fingers into every other aspect of our life instead. everything from kids going to school, our ability to drive on roads, to even our medical care now.

and the list just keeps on growing. the more it goes to **** the more the masses want them to take up more responsibility. rinse and repeat

there will be no gradual reset. we will slowly become the next Venezuela when it does happen.

at that point cash transactions will long be banned

Larry Summers Launches The War On Paper Money: "It's Time To Kill The $100 Bill"

and NIRP will be the new American dream

What you need to know about Obama's 'myRA' retirement accounts

and your families ability to live.....not thrive will be tethered to the same threatened system

with no other way in or out

they know what they are trying to do. sadly most of our statists don't.

or if they do are as sick and demented as these self serving megalomaniacs

Scud411 05-15-2016 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573583)
I'll cut to the quick: you seem reasonable and not perpetrating yourself as a fraud, unlike others around here.

Gvt inefficiency is because they cant lose their jobs. Ask a federal worker what it takes to fire them.

Some things the gvt is supposed to do and the few things that they do, they should be great at. With the expansion of gvt into areas where it doesnt need to be, that's where the private sector comes in.

Is that unreasonable to you? Imo, we do need to have a limited gvt in order for our society to flourish and more importantly, function.

it's not unreasonable. it's just the same people who might champion those attitudes are also the people who for example want abortion to be illegal. or gay marriage. so they want government involved when it comes to moral issues that concern them.

so in the end they all suck. the people who might have good ideas are overshadowed by parties which fight to make each other into caricatures so the whole thing is simplified for us citizens.

Greedo909 05-15-2016 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealyRrunk (Post 18573345)
Conservative libertarians come up so short on conserving the environment, seems like a dead end experiment from the start if your political-economic outlook essentially rewards poisoning the world to save an almighty dollar.

Please... You are going to ***** about libertarians from a statist perspective on conservation when the US government is easily the worst carbon polluter in the world. Pretty sure libertarians don't advocate nuclear testing, never used nuclear weapons on civilian populations, never used chemical weapons in battle, don't currently still use depleted Uranium weapons in the Middle East where where they have been tied to worse birth defect and cancer rates than were seen in the Japanese cities that were nuked. Libertarians do not condone throwing trash into your neighbors yard, nor do they condone when a corporation or government does the same thing on a much larger scale. Only the state does, when the right wheels are greased. Sure, the state talks a big game about how they need to enact regulations to conserve the environment, but there is a little rhyme, reason or factual basis to support their endeavors(ex - desert tortoise/BLM). In fact most of these regulations end up being clearly tied to special interests and even at that the state is allowed to pick and choose who can bypass the regulations and who can't.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...illing-eagles/

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573359)
If he walks like a Republican, and talks like a Republican, you can understand why people think he's a Republican. It's deceitful to call your self "Libertarian" and then every chance you have to prove it you decide to go with the "lesser of two-evils" instead of standing up for good. Everytime he has a mic in front of him he's said states should decide who can marry because he's just another politician lying to supporters like you.

No it isn't, for the same reason I can call myself a libertarian, you can call yourself a libertarian and even someone like Glenn Beck can. I would consider it to be just as deceitful for you or Beck to call yourselves libertarian when you have clearly conflicting philosophies when it comes to individual liberty. I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my head around your support of the Libertarian Party, when they are against state intervention in pretty much every category that you endorse or think it is necessary(health care, education, regulation of industry, self-defense, etc).

Tantric Rex 05-15-2016 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573484)
If you can get rid of the DoE and still maintain a standard for education, do it.

Would you like to be the cancer patient with an oncologist who doesn't offer chemotherapy because he thinks prayer will shrink your tumor?

So doctors and scientist didnt exist before the department of Education?

And if there isnt a department of education all doctors and scientist will be bible thumping fanatics that will kill one patient after the other because of their preoccupation with serving God?

You really sound like a libertarian.

SexxxGodSteve 05-15-2016 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573499)
Common core looks unnecessarily complicated with small numbers, and it is, because they're teaching it with small numbers.

Of course if you're adding 9 + 6 it's easier to just use rote memorization to determine the answer.

That doesn't work so easily when using larger numbers (more than single digits), and it's there that finding the sum of differences (the basis for "common core" addition) is best. I've been doing the "common core" method in my head since elementary school, long before anyone was teaching it.

I'm not at all surprised that parents who probably sucked at math in school are up in arms about it.



I've been teaching in public schools for a while now, and of the 4 that I've been at not a single teacher likes common core. That pool includes mostly democrats, and grades 6-12. The standards and the way they are written are, frankly, stupid. There's not a single thing there that looks like it's working any better than what we were already doing. In most cases, there's been a slight (albeit statistically insignificant) decline.

There is an enormous gap between educational theory and educational practice, and an even bigger gap between the people who write these systems out and the ones who teach them.

So, as someone who works daily with the future of America and within the stringent confines of the federally scripted education system so these kids can look good on a data table via the grades they get on a meaningless, mandated, high-stakes, standardized test: the government needs to **** off out of the educational system.

From the outside looking in, you wont hear a whole lot of complaining about common core because the main victims of the program are little kids who don't know any other way. The adults who teach it largely recognize it for what it is: a massive failure. But their jobs and thus their livelihoods depend on teaching it so they really have no choice.

Got Haggis? 05-15-2016 18:53

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/11/...16-convention/

arsin 05-15-2016 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSobieski (Post 18573263)
Round up top doctors in 100 hospitals, ask them what are most critical operations/services, select most agreed on necessities and make those only free health services. Anything else requires privatized insurance. Promote preventative health measures, routine std and blood tests, offer free health advice and check ups (up to 1-2 times a year).

Try to run down health care costs by heading off health problems before they occur. Big issue is the american way of 'instant' in a pill cure for everything. Exercise, eat well, and keep up an active circle of relationships to stay physically n mentally healthy.

Run away health care costs is because of big pharma trying to beat the placebo effect. Drug commercials is an entirely american phenomenon to try to convince people they have a real medical condition. Shouldnt it be the doctor choosing the most appropriate medication??

Im a promoter of a common sense system, like a max lifetime cap, hit 500,000 and your public insurance runs out. No need to keep brain damaged 30yr comas going on the gov dole unless the family wants to step in.

Broken bones, back surgery, bronchitis, sciatica, oral surgery, anything that causes impairment of mechanical bodily function pertaining to limbs, internal organs, eye sight, up to x amount of money over a life time. A system that covers a 'normal pattern of life for a human adult as decided by biological needs as observed in nature and generally agreed upon by a panel of doctors as necessary to maintaining a livable quality of life'. Frequent fliers get kicked out after maxing out limit.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Naa.

Fire all the doctors, jail the med school administration. Their medieval reliance on human memory is nothing more than maintaining/hoarding IP to pad the wages. Introduce computer based diagnostic tools, watch diagnostic errors approach near zero. Watch doctor's wages halved.

"Medicine for the 21 century."

LouCypher 05-15-2016 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greedo909 (Post 18573614)
I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my head around your support of the Libertarian Party, when they are against state intervention in pretty much every category that you endorse or think it is necessary(health care, education, regulation of industry, self-defense, etc).

Because I recognize that there are industries where consumers don't have the power to regulate, and the lack of regulations can have disastrous consequences. I know that profits are placed before the interest of the consumer, and have no place in markets where the consumer can't "opt out" (healthcare, education, the justice system).

I'm not against guns, and I believe every non-felon should have the right to concealed carry without a permit. I don't think it's unreasonable to require the same registration of sales or reporting of transfers for a firearm that we have for a car or a home, or that such measures are in conflict with the 2nd Amendment.

I'm for Net Neutrality, and I support Tesla, Uber, and Lyft in their fight for a more "free market" in their industries.

I also don't give a **** if someone wants to drink raw milk.

SexxxGodSteve 05-15-2016 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573648)

I'm not against guns, and I believe every non-felon should have the right to concealed carry without a permit. I don't think it's unreasonable to require the same registration of sales or reporting of transfers for a firearm that we have for a car or a home, or that such measures are in conflict with the 2nd Amendment.

A registration system serves literally no purpose in terms of crime prevention. Gun sales are already well documented by sellers. Cars and homes aren't constitutionally protected rights, but besides that what you're proposing in terms of tracking firearms is useless anyway. Also, you don't need to register vehicles, or their sales. That's only important if you're going to use them on public roads. When was the last time you saw anyone transfer a title for a quad/fourwheeler or tractor? I'm diverging a little bit, but i'd love to hear what problems you think any sort of tracking or registration will solve

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greedo909 (Post 18573614)
Please... You are going to ***** about libertarians from a statist perspective on conservation when the US government is easily the worst carbon polluter in the world. Pretty sure libertarians don't advocate nuclear testing, never used nuclear weapons on civilian populations, never used chemical weapons in battle, don't currently still use depleted Uranium weapons in the Middle East where where they have been tied to worse birth defect and cancer rates than were seen in the Japanese cities that were nuked. Libertarians do not condone throwing trash into your neighbors yard, nor do they condone when a corporation or government does the same thing on a much larger scale. Only the state does, when the right wheels are greased. Sure, the state talks a big game about how they need to enact regulations to conserve the environment, but there is a little rhyme, reason or factual basis to support their endeavors(ex - desert tortoise/BLM). In fact most of these regulations end up being clearly tied to special interests and even at that the state is allowed to pick and choose who can bypass the regulations and who can't.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...illing-eagles/

dealyrunk is even ok with war for syrian wmd

the ones we very likely sold them....or paid their rebels to use

or just outright handed them

as he cries more about legal law abiding citizens being able to buy guns here in america

this is how dishonest the liberal agenda has become in america today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeqGvsu44Ec

their deception and bull**** is falling apart faster than even the GOP

but dealy's devotion grows stronger by the day

you question his agenda he will have some carbon credits to sell you

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18573648)
I'm for Net Neutrality, and I support Tesla, Uber, and Lyft in their fight for a more "free market" in their industries.

Ughhh

Tesla Loses More Than $4,000 On Every Car Sold

Government subsidies helped Elon Musk attain $13.3 billion net worth

so you are for more GSE's

more regulation

more cronyism

in lieu of actual markets

this is why the people who hate free markets the most seem to be the least understanding of what they actually are

JuggerNaught 05-15-2016 20:13

tesla may lose money...but how much does society gain

-SS- 05-15-2016 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greedo909 (Post 18573614)
Please... You are going to ***** about libertarians from a statist perspective on conservation when the US government is easily the worst carbon polluter in the world. Pretty sure libertarians don't advocate nuclear testing, never used nuclear weapons on civilian populations, never used chemical weapons in battle, don't currently still use depleted Uranium weapons in the Middle East where where they have been tied to worse birth defect and cancer rates than were seen in the Japanese cities that were nuked. Libertarians do not condone throwing trash into your neighbors yard, nor do they condone when a corporation or government does the same thing on a much larger scale. Only the state does, when the right wheels are greased. Sure, the state talks a big game about how they need to enact regulations to conserve the environment, but there is a little rhyme, reason or factual basis to support their endeavors(ex - desert tortoise/BLM). In fact most of these regulations end up being clearly tied to special interests and even at that the state is allowed to pick and choose who can bypass the regulations and who can't.

I'm sure by now that you have figured out that dealyderp is a hardcore statist and an enviro-nazi. He most likely would enjoy seeing anyone who disagrees with him either jailed or killed.

His purpose of trollin is to misrepresent positions that don't agree with him and attempt to pass them off as if he is an authority. Example: above. I have never met anyone who willingly wants to destroy our natural resources (dirty rivers, polluted lakes, etc.) and not use sound conservation policy to pass them along to following generations. But hey, if the State does it, well let's look the other way and ignore it.

But that doesnt get in the way of his and many others 'progressive's' agenda to demonize anyone who doesnt have their regressive view (back to the stone age). It's all about "climate change". And if you're a Non-Believer, you should be put to death or in jail.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/03/fascism.html

(chomksy the commie, published 2002, notice 10 year doom and gloom that hasnt materialized)
https://books.google.com/books?id=SE...ow.%22&f=false

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/17/u-...hange-deniers/

http://www.climatedepot.com/2009/06/...hing-them-now/

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuggerNaught (Post 18573667)
tesla may lose money...but how much does society gain

good thing society pays for these cars

so that a handful of rich people can buy overpriced electric race cars

and a few other rich people can become richer

great deal i say.....lol

"free market" :lol:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573668)
I'm sure by now that you have figured out that dealyderp is a hardcore statist and an enviro-nazi. He most likely would enjoy seeing anyone who disagrees with him either jailed or killed.

meanwhile his biggest home hobby is smoking meats

when he isn't sucking them down

i just wish I could next him for being a Vermont lumber jack with maple syrup on his breath.

pumping himself full of bacon, while demanding free health care to roto-rooter his arteries

pumping the environment full of carcinogens as he burns down trees to flavor his meat

Regulating BBQ smoke gets early approval from city council

all while demanding others have to buy his carbon credit schemes...can't drink big gulp sodas without a sin tax

living the :flag: dream

JuggerNaught 05-15-2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573670)
good thing society pays for these cars

so that a handful of rich people can buy overpriced electric race cars

and a few other rich people can become richer

great deal i say.....lol

"free market" :lol:

Teslas range between 35-100k (approx)

But it has to start somewhere. When actual internal combustion engine cars first came out...not everyone could buy those. Then as bugs got worked out more people decided to try a hand in making them, the prices came down.
Growing pains. Concepts like electric cars are turning points in societies if they are allow to grow.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 20:31

must be why we still subsidize oil companies too

directly and indirectly through our sustained proxy wars...if not directly

make it rain on everything i say

make that ***** "society" fund all these great ideas

President Obama***8217;s Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

we should feel richer already

"free markets ftw"

Zanthious 05-15-2016 20:32

all new tech that comes out starts out expensive usually. Then it becomes cheap.. I dont see the need to hate on someone trying to get rich off of tree hugging people with too much money at the same time proving the tech or disproving it in the process.

-SS- 05-15-2016 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573672)
meanwhile his biggest home hobby is smoking meats

O, there are no doubts he loves to smoke some meat. :lol:

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanthious (Post 18573677)
all new tech that comes out starts out expensive usually. Then it becomes cheap.. I dont see the need to hate on someone trying to get rich off of tree hugging people with too much money at the same time proving the tech or disproving it in the process.

you should see how expensive my first batch of kitten mittens were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4

after several billion in tax dollars subsidies

my great idea is way cheaper now

this is what society is for. picking winners and losers. planning out great ideas with others money and effort.

society wins. i win.

we win

even if my ideas lose i win......it is win win

LouCypher 05-15-2016 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573662)
so you are for more GSE's

No, I'm for letting them sell directly to consumers, which Dealers Associations in many states are fighting against.
Tesla joined by Koch Brothers, Sierra Club in fight with dealers

Goshin 05-15-2016 21:09

hey if new car types like electric are held to the same standards as oil and gas, we can expect to end their subsidy of bringing new tech to bear in....100 years?

not sure why you'd be mad at government subsidizing green energy while it is in it's formative years
arguably thats what the government SHOULD do
then ending that practice a couple decades later when **** is fine. (thats the part we're bad at)

also, Elon made his technology public. Can't really call him a profit monger
he also makes a lot of money through SpaceX and its billions of dollars in contracts

Zanthious 05-15-2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18573681)
you should see how expensive my first batch of kitten mittens were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4

after several billion in tax dollars subsidies

my great idea is way cheaper now

this is what society is for. picking winners and losers. planning out great ideas with others money and effort.

society wins. i win.

we win

even if my ideas lose i win......it is win win

look at it however you want dude. If someone wants to spend all his wealth on a tech and loses his ass i don't see how thats going to make a diff to you one way or the other unless your directly employed by the guy. *shrug* someone needs something to hate i guess.

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshin (Post 18573697)
hey if new car types like electric are held to the same standards as oil and gas, we can expect to end their subsidy of bringing new tech to bear in....100 years?

not sure why you'd be mad at government subsidizing green energy while it is in it's formative years
arguably thats what the government SHOULD do
then ending that practice a couple decades later when **** is fine. (thats the part we're bad at)

also, Elon made his technology public. Can't really call him a profit monger
he also makes a lot of money through SpaceX and its billions of dollars in contracts

just post space ships

and i'm a ******

the rest of this you wouldn't grasp

like how we still pay oil subsidies and alternative energy subsidies at the exact same time. saying we have to pay for one while STILL giving direct advantage to another

https://media.giphy.com/media/1jQhFdU2XHYD6/giphy.gif

this is like the parks and epsiode i just watched about why the tax payers should be forced to subsidize mini-golf

it's really fun.....kids like it

no wonder tax payers pay for football stadiums using the same demented logic

Captain Tele 05-15-2016 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanthious (Post 18573702)
look at it however you want dude. If someone wants to spend all his wealth on a tech and loses his ass i don't see how thats going to make a diff to you one way or the other unless your directly employed by the guy. *shrug* someone needs something to hate i guess.

if someone......

bingo....there is the key word

that someone in this case is tax payers. taxes are not optional. when these entrepreneurial endeavors fail tax payers foot the bill. when they succeed tax payers get jack **** as a return on their investment.

playing venture capitalist with others money is a lot of fun

as is gambling i bet....might as well fund casinos too while we are at it.

Quote:

By 1785, Fitch was done with surveying and settled in Warminster, Pennsylvania, where he began working on his ideas for a steam-powered boat. Unable to raise funds from the Continental Congress, he persuaded various state legislatures to award him a 14-year monopoly for steamboat traffic on their inland waterways. With these monopolies, he was able to secure funding from businessmen and professional citizens in Philadelphia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fitch_(inventor)

Back in the day people had to find fundraisers for their invention

People had to put their own dime .... time....on the line

But then gubmt realized they could get much fatter deciding the action

So now that is too archaic of a principle today. Much more fun with others money.

Then we can raise taxes if we can't make the idea work.

How this fundamental concept escapes you or doesn't frustrate you shows the type of person I am responding to.

Togowack 05-15-2016 23:20

I'm working on the hydrogen idea so far it looks like $20-30k in funding would do it, can use kickstarter to fund 5kw of solar panels on my roof

GreyGhost 05-15-2016 23:23

shut up Togo

Flash 05-16-2016 00:33

Tele is on a liberal killing spree.

Dangerdoggie 05-16-2016 05:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3OfXMlQRRY

HumDumpin 05-16-2016 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18573668)
I have never met anyone who willingly wants to destroy our natural resources (dirty rivers, polluted lakes, etc.) and not use sound conservation policy to pass them along to following generations.

Oh well if YOU'VE never met anyone who would do it, they must not exist. :lol:

Corporations have been dumping as much as they can in our water for as long as they can get away with it. But because -SS- doesn't know about it, its OK, because ignorance is bliss and libertarianism is love.

HumDumpin 05-16-2016 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greedo909 (Post 18573614)
Only the state does, when the right wheels are greased. Sure, the state talks a big game about how they need to enact regulations to conserve the environment, but there is a little rhyme, reason or factual basis to support their endeavors(ex - desert tortoise/BLM). In fact most of these regulations end up being clearly tied to special interests and even at that the state is allowed to pick and choose who can bypass the regulations and who can't.

Quote:

The Clean Water Act (CWA) establishes the basic structure for regulating discharges of pollutants into the waters of the United States and regulating quality standards for surface waters. The basis of the CWA was enacted in 1948 and was called the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, but the Act was significantly reorganized and expanded in 1972. "Clean Water Act" became the Act's common name with amendments in 1972.
Under the CWA, EPA has implemented pollution control programs such as setting wastewater standards for industry. We have also set water quality standards for all contaminants in surface waters.
The CWA made it unlawful to discharge any pollutant from a point source into navigable waters, unless a permit was obtained. EPA's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit program controls discharges. Point sources are discrete conveyances such as pipes or man-made ditches. Individual homes that are connected to a municipal system, use a septic system, or do not have a surface discharge do not need an NPDES permit; however, industrial, municipal, and other facilities must obtain permits if their discharges go directly to surface waters.
https://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations...lean-water-act
Little rhyme, reason (except federal regulations under the CWA) or facts (except that the rivers were on fire).

Nooo corporations would NEVER pollute our water, that never happened before requiring regulation to actively monitor their routine pollution, history is a lie and pollution is just free chemicals.


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39.
Page 86 of 626

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC