Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
TribalWar Forums
Page 62 of 626

TribalWar Forums (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/index.php)
-   TWHOF (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   This is for you Trump voters. (https://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683482)

Captain Tele 04-30-2016 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuggerNaught (Post 18564466)
Well Colorado has done pretty well with tax revenue, but its still not so much that they can bully things like petroleum interests. Hemp threatens a LOT of markets

I think you guys are looking at all the wrong contenders about maintaining the status quo

sure the ones you mentioned matter

but look at the DEA and ATF budgets.....not to mention corrections industrial complex (that has over 1 in 6 people incarcerated for just marijuana) if you really want to see "show me the money"

The same reason our foreign policy is ****ed up is the same reason our WAR ON DRUGS is so asinine.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

Reggs 04-30-2016 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18564475)
but look at the DEA and ATF budgets.....not to mention corrections industrial complex (that has over 1 in 6 people incarcerated for just marijuana) if you really want to see "show me the money"

So is the prison industrial complex actively trying to keep marijuana illegal, and if so, is there any evidence of this?

I think you guys are imagining there is some kind of evil secretive illuminati like triforce of textiles, pharma, and prisons that are actively manipulating politics to keep weed illegal, but they simply do not exist. There is zero evidence of any of this.

LouCypher 04-30-2016 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18564343)
the same tax stamp bull**** u now want to see all guns put under

Registration of sales and reporting of transfers isn't even close to the same thing. Try harder.

LouCypher 04-30-2016 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564440)
No there aren't.

*waits for "big pharma" to be mentioned, with zero sources to back it up....*

You think pharmaceutical companies are the only ones feeling threatened by legal marijuana?

There's a lot of money to be made keeping marijuana illegal when companies are running prisons for profit and administering probation systems. Law enforcement agencies used the seized assets as an income source.

Biodiesel from hemp oil could put petroleum companies out of business. Lumber companies can't beat the fiber yield per acre, and cotton grows slower and in fewer climates.

Brasstax 04-30-2016 01:39

Let's see - people getting high, sitting on sofas, laughing, eating brownies, playing games, listening to music and ****ing or assholes running around killing people. Hmmm I wonder what is more problematic?

Odio 04-30-2016 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564479)
So is the prison industrial complex actively trying to keep marijuana illegal, and if so, is there any evidence of this?

It's called lobbying you ****ing imbecile. They don't disclose what the money is for or how much they get, because we have no contribution transparency laws.

Reggs 04-30-2016 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18564483)
You think pharmaceutical companies are the only ones feeling threatened by legal marijuana?

There's a lot of money to be made keeping marijuana illegal when companies are running prisons for profit and administering probation systems. Law enforcement agencies used the seized assets as an income source.

Biodiesel from hemp oil could put petroleum companies out of business. Lumber companies can't beat the fiber yield per acre, and cotton grows slower and in fewer climates.

So, is there any evidence of these industries spending any money to keep it illegal?

Reggs 04-30-2016 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odio (Post 18564485)
It's called lobbying you ****ing imbecile. They don't disclose what the money is for or how much they get, because we have no contribution transparency laws.

Well, if they are lobbying then that should make it super easy to find evidence of any of these industries lobbying against legalization.

I mean, after all, Lobbyist have to register with the federal government, and since they have been lobbying to keep marijuana illegal for the past several decades, surely there is one single shred of evidence to back up your claim.

StapleMammal1 04-30-2016 02:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8RRAr3E4y4

Potheads, druggies, liberals, wetbacks, sjw cucks, and general morons do not like Trump. Their actions make it clear they do not want America great again. They just want to get doped up and handed free stuff because they are too stupid to actually work or learn anything of actual worth. All very sad to see but fortunately they are all in for a very rude awakening.

Also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9CYFIIVCQ

ScooBySnaCk 04-30-2016 04:54

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...429-story.html

I so want Trump to win now..

LouCypher 04-30-2016 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564487)
So, is there any evidence of these industries spending any money to keep it illegal?

There's a good episode of This American Life about a judge that took bribes so defendants in her court were put in a system run by a for-profit company.

If you want to read new articles about private prison lobbying, just google it.

One such result is the Lobbying efforts of Corrections Corporation of America.

Here's a nice PDF from the National Council on Crime & Delinquency.

It's astounding you don't think profit is a counterproductive incentive when it comes to criminal justice, healthcare, or education.

LouCypher 04-30-2016 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 (Post 18564495)
They just want to get doped up and handed free stuff because they are too stupid to actually work or learn anything of actual worth.

Big talk coming from the HIV patient on welfare who depends on "fag charity" to pay his rent and Medicaid to pay for the medicine he needs.

KingSobieski 04-30-2016 05:34

This turd of a country is breaking in two as it gets sucked down into ****ty oblivion

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Reggs 04-30-2016 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouCypher (Post 18564520)
There's a good episode of This American Life about a judge that took bribes so defendants in her court were put in a system run by a for-profit company.

If you want to read new articles about private prison lobbying, just google it.

One such result is the Lobbying efforts of Corrections Corporation of America.

Here's a nice PDF from the National Council on Crime & Delinquency.

It's astounding you don't think profit is a counterproductive incentive when it comes to criminal justice, healthcare, or education.


YOU ARE SO STUPID!

I was asking for lobbying by those groups to keep marijuana illegal. Learn to read dip****.

blackpeople 04-30-2016 05:50

autism has been triggered, plz take tren reggs before u trigger again

Vanster 04-30-2016 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564487)
So, is there any evidence of these industries spending any money to keep it illegal?

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/m...lobby-illegal/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articl...ir-bottom-line

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2014...tion-movement/

LouCypher 04-30-2016 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564524)
I was asking for lobbying by those groups to keep marijuana illegal. Learn to read dip****.

http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-leg...l-weed-1651166
http://www.thenation.com/article/ant...-big-bankroll/
http://www.businessinsider.com/polic...a-fight-2014-7
http://reset.me/story/5-entities-sti...-legalization/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6085886.html
http://www.snopes.com/drug-law-lobby...on-of-america/
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...emies-20130117
http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/...olorados-legal
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/leg...ijuana-n253801
http://www.laweekly.com/news/beer-lo...zation-2385120

Flipp 04-30-2016 09:16

needa start hurtin da trump protesters :king:

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tele (Post 18564475)
I think you guys are looking at all the wrong contenders about maintaining the status quo

sure the ones you mentioned matter

but look at the DEA and ATF budgets.....not to mention corrections industrial complex (that has over 1 in 6 people incarcerated for just marijuana) if you really want to see "show me the money"

The same reason our foreign policy is ****ed up is the same reason our WAR ON DRUGS is so asinine.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

yeah..but who do you think provides some of that funding.

Its for sure not just one group that wants to keep cannabis illegal, but the dea wont really go out of business if marijuana is legalize. There are interests in the textiles sector that will practically evaporate

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggs (Post 18564470)
You know nothing about business.

Any textile business that has something that will be "replaced" by help would be the first business to capitalise on it. It would actually be good them because it would most likely lead to vertical integration. So much cotton comes from overseas. If we could grow hemp here, textile companies would love it and get into the farming business.

This is just hot air. Of course you can't find any evidence that textile companies are trying to keep hemp illegal.

We can grow hemp here. Hemp can be grown anywhere (hence the name 'weed'). Hemp actually used to be one of the major agricultural products of this country. Some of the founding fathers were hemp farmers, original drafts of the Constitution are on hemp paper. Up until around wwII it was a fairly big crop in this country

KingSobieski 04-30-2016 09:36

Usa can import hemp but not domestically grow it.

Theres fear that a sly hemp farmer could grow a plant in a hemp field that would no longer be detectable from the sky

http://www.kentucky.com/news/busines...e44402439.html

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 09:42

As far as i know and remember, KY has had a couple counties that have had cannabis as their cash crop and county officials were in on it

-SS- 04-30-2016 10:25

Why should I care if people smoke some herb? What people do in their private lives is nobody's business. Leave them the hell alone.

That said, there is a catch though: I dont think people should be at a place of business ****ed up while at work. Puts peoples' lives on the line or damages the business with wrong orders, etc.

Just imagine someone ****ing up your order after you have paid for it. Or someone being killed by heavy equipment or whatever because they were on the clock wasted. Who is held responsible, the business or the employee?

Odio 04-30-2016 10:39

Who the **** gets wasted at work? Your example is stupid.

-SS- 04-30-2016 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odio (Post 18564555)
Who the **** gets wasted at work? Your example is stupid.

Calm down slappy.

I take it you never had a room mate / friend who smoked some weed /did some lines before going to their job or used their break to do some goods?

If you believe that people don't get ****ed up before work or during work hours, you are an ignorant dip****.

ArakAtak 04-30-2016 10:59

Which is why many workplaces now have random drug and alcohol testing and zero tolerance policy

In the good old days your boss or work mates would either tell you to go home or hide you in the back store for the day to sleep it off. Now you just get ****ed in the goat ass

Odio 04-30-2016 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18564562)
Calm down slappy.

I take it you never had a room mate / friend who smoked some weed /did some lines before going to their job or used their break to do some goods?

That's not getting wasted or ****ed up, you simpleton. Maybe it's time for you to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Flipp 04-30-2016 11:10

doin lines n smokin bud be4 work def aint 'gittin fukt up' :jester:

-SS- 04-30-2016 11:17

It appears some people dont understand the diff between getting ****ed up vs getting wasted.

Not that it matters too much, either way, your cognitive skills arent at their best.

Even disputing that shows who the simpleton is. :jester:

Flipp 04-30-2016 11:28

dang
d00 cuckin dafuk out heh

arsin 04-30-2016 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiloh (Post 18563968)
Easy loans means the college have little to no reason to reduce costs. The cost of tuition and housing continues to rise well above that of inflation, and has done so since the 70s. Their consumers are uninformed highschool children who sign up for a lifetime of non-dischargeable debt, doing so on the advice of retarded guidance counselors and the liberal bourgeois. In order to take full advantage of their uninformed consumers, colleges lower the bar and create retarded and useless disciplines like mythological communication. The idea that encouraging naive youngsters to rack up monsterous 200k plus debt in useless disciplines should be encouraged rather than criminalized is appalling.

It used to be that someone could easily pay off tuition with a part time job + summer work while going through college. With illegal immigration plus current college costs, that is impossible. Thanks liberals, for making college unaffordable by trying to make it more affordable.

For some reason, liberals look at payday loans and rightly see usury. But when benefits liberal college professors and can't be removed through bankruptcy, then its ok.

The wayz of the neo-liberal intelligentsia; an appeal to a social good, followed by a reach into your pocket.

SeVeReD 04-30-2016 12:12

29 years of working...
sober every hour of the job day
it's the right thing to do

Goshin 04-30-2016 12:16

In the 70s the government paid for 75% of college.
Now it's 20%

I think that's the problem

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 12:17

The problem is that colleges know how much money students will get so they know how much they can squeeze out of them

Fool 04-30-2016 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goshin (Post 18564582)
In the 70s the government paid for 75% of college.
Now it's 20%

I think that's the problem

State governments, not the Federal government. Less than 50% of high school graduates attended college in the 70s as well. Now it's much higher, and the money is stretched thinner. There are fewer grants to go around, fewer scholarships. Enter cheap tuition loans that get gobbled up by everyone because they have no understanding of credit or debt at that age, and parents who should know better that ignore it because they want their children to attend college.

Goshin 04-30-2016 12:42

States also straight up reduced funding too
Didn't keep it flat or paired to inflation, they gutted that spending

Because investing in your citizens future is stupid!

Got Haggis? 04-30-2016 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18564562)
Calm down slappy.

I take it you never had a room mate / friend who smoked some weed /did some lines before going to their job or used their break to do some goods?

If you believe that people don't get ****ed up before work or during work hours, you are an ignorant dip****.

i understand that people go to work ****ed up....but what does legalizing pot have to do with that? Alcohol is legal, and yes some people go to work ****ed up...and said people tend to get fired. I'm just trying to understand what your point is

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18564562)
Calm down slappy.

I take it you never had a room mate / friend who smoked some weed /did some lines before going to their job or used their break to do some goods?

If you believe that people don't get ****ed up before work or during work hours, you are an ignorant dip****.

Yeah, but its usually stupid people working **** jobs. Those are the same people that end up *****ing about how their boss is an unfair dickhead that fired them for no reason

Ender 04-30-2016 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SS- (Post 18564551)
Why should I care if people smoke some herb? What people do in their private lives is nobody's business. Leave them the hell alone.

That said, there is a catch though: I dont think people should be at a place of business ****ed up while at work. Puts peoples' lives on the line or damages the business with wrong orders, etc.

Just imagine someone ****ing up your order after you have paid for it. Or someone being killed by heavy equipment or whatever because they were on the clock wasted. Who is held responsible, the business or the employee?

That same "argument" could be said about alcohol you ****ing idiot.

JuggerNaught 04-30-2016 14:00

I don't see what the big deal is. Just treat it like we treat alcohol. can't drive while high, can't come to work ****ed up..etc...etc


Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51.
Page 62 of 626

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Content Copyright 1999-2020 Tribalwar.Com, LLC