[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

A strong national message definitely would've helped. Trump's legion of crazies might have taken the virus seriously from the start if he hadn't pretended it was not a threat and would be gone after a few days in February.

The argument that "He did such a great job by doing nothing!" is comical in that it actually acknowledges his total dereliction of duty. "You know who I want in times of crisis? A guy who will do nothing and pretend there's no problem!" Might as well vote for Mickey Mouse in that case since his COVID response would be the same.

It doesn't matter though because people like you will keep defending him no matter how badly he botches things. 200k bodybags and all we get is excuse after excuse. Zero capacity for critical thought. Pure lemmings.

Where do you see me defending his actions. I'm just expressly criticizing your point of view as asinine doublethink, because it clearly is.

Here's a bright story about people who actually care.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/virtual-learning-esl-students
One farmer finds answer to ESL students' virtual learning struggles
As classes turn virtual due to COVID-19, some students are being left behind

BUCKEYE, Az. -- Virtual classrooms are the new normal for many students, but for non-native speaking English students, trying to get good grades can be challenging in the best of times.

As classes turn virtual due to COVID-19, some students are being left behind.

Valeria Gonzalez, 11, told Fox News that her school in Buckeye, Az., doesn’t offer a virtual English as a second language (ESL) program. All of her classes are taught by an English speaking teacher with no Spanish translation.
Valeria Gonzalez, 11, is at risk of falling behind in school. She's struggling to understand her course work as her school doesn't offer a virtual ESL program for Spanish translation (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Valeria Gonzalez, 11, is at risk of falling behind in school. She's struggling to understand her course work as her school doesn't offer a virtual ESL program for Spanish translation (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Gonzalez said that since she only speaks Spanish, listening to a teacher all day in English makes learning hard.

But after hearing about some families' struggles, farmer Carrie Mayfield decided to turn her farmhouse in Buckeye into a schoolhouse for her employees' children, providing stable WiFi access for the children to attend their virtual classes, all for free.

“It’s been so much fun and so rewarding to be able to get to know them and we love their parents. They’re great employees for us and so this was definitely a way that we could give back a little bit,” said Carrie Mayfield, director of Sweet Flower Home Farmhouse School.
Teacher Madison Harris stops by the farm's schoolhouse twice a week to help with homework, classwork, and Spanish to English translation (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Teacher Madison Harris stops by the farm's schoolhouse twice a week to help with homework, classwork, and Spanish to English translation (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Mayfield transformed her living room into a classroom, hiring a teacher two days a week to help with homework and English translation. “We’re just hoping that we can at least give them a good start in this crazy, crazy time,” said Mayfield.

Now Gonzales is getting the tutoring she needs to understand her school work. “We’ve now gotten another high school student from Buckeye Union High School...so she’s coming in every week and tutoring one on one with our Spanish speaking student...so I’m seeing [Gonzalez] now trying to understand and making an effort to speak English,” said Mayfield.
Mayfield's schoolhouse provides a reliable wifi access so students can complete their assignments and attend virtual classes (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Mayfield's schoolhouse provides a reliable wifi access so students can complete their assignments and attend virtual classes (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

Nine to 10 students come to the schoolhouse each week, ranging from first grade to high school. Teacher Madison Harris offers homework help as well as tutoring whenever the students need it. Mayfield and Harris also organize enrichment sessions including baking and guest speakers, and provides catered lunches.

One of the main focuses has been helping Gonzalez learn English.

“[Gonzalez] is kind of on her own and I feel like, how many other kids are at that school that are in the same boat as her? We can’t forget about them…we can’t let them fall behind because they deserve an education just like everybody else,” said Harris, teacher at Sweet Flower Home Farmhouse School.

“So we need to do whatever we can and that’s what we are trying to do, we just do what we can for them so that she can hopefully be ready to integrate back into the classroom and not be too far behind,” said Harris.

ESL classes vary. Some school districts don’t offer any programs while others call them essential.

The Nogales Unified School District, lies along the U.S.-Mexico border. It’s home to about 5,600 students, almost all of them are currently attending school virtually. The district says 98% of the children are Hispanic with most being bilingual. However 21% require ESL classes.
The Nogales Unified School District says 98% of their students are hispanic with 21% needing English as a second langauge classes. In addition to their English langauge classes they're also providing virtual tutoring and online access to translation programs so the students don't fall behind (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

The Nogales Unified School District says 98% of their students are hispanic with 21% needing English as a second langauge classes. In addition to their English langauge classes they're also providing virtual tutoring and online access to translation programs so the students don't fall behind (Stephanie Bennett/Fox News).

“We have still continued to be able to provide equal and the same type of education that we are doing for all our students with additional assistance if they need extra modifications and so forth,” said Fernando Parra, superintendent of Nogales the Unified School District #1.

In addition to their ESL classes, the Nogales school district is offering virtual tutoring and access to online programs like Rosetta Stone so students can grow at their own pace.

“That’s a really good instrument because they can pace themselves and they can continue if they feel comfortable moving on along while they have the teacher support,” said Parra.

Superintendent Parra said they hope to offer a hybrid learning model in mid-October, depending on how Arizona’s coronavirus cases.

VALERIA.jpg

TEACHER.jpg

When big city systems fail the people - leave it to farmers and other true Americans to find a way forward. So, back to the prairie school concept. Much better. Who would want to support charter schools? Trump. Who would like to do away with charter schools? The caring liberal dems.

Sorry, not concerned with illegal immigrants struggling to take advantage of taxpayer funded public schools.

If it's subsidized locally and works better than your typical shitty public school - no skin off mine. There are plenty of worse things to spend money on than giving kids a decent education. Most of them are just expensive k through HS daycare centers. As far as the race of the kids, I have never given a shit about that. With the wall as a backdrop, that should cut down on the "illegals". If the folks are illegal and never bothered to follow the law - I am fine with them being deported.

I am further North but in general, the Mexican American's I know are good hardworking people. The same formula should apply to everyone. Criminals? Hi, here's a jail cell or an electric chair. Also, I am fully behind a wall and deportations.

The school system has clearly suffered over time.
Lots of good kids learned in rooms like this:
iu

iu

iu

iu

Damn trump supports daca, 500b in reparations to blacks and, miga

Yall shoulda let me know i would voted for him over hillary :lol:

I don't know how these fuckers got my number and my name, I'd love to know who sold my info to them. I live in Montana and I got an unsolicited text message the other night from some random number:

"Hi Daniel, I'm Megan and I'm a volunteer with the 406 Votes Team. We're texting voters today about the November election and I want to share why I'm supporting Governor Bullock to make Washington work more like Montana. Do you plan on supporting Governor Bullock in the Senate race this November?"

Now... can tell you, I don't have any problems with Bullock. He has done a fine job as Governor of Montana from my view. He might be a great guy. Hell, he might even be the best candidate for the job (Senate), but there is no fucking way in hell I will vote for a Democrat for House or Senate in 2020. What do you think would happen if the Democrats take control of the Senate? Would you trust your representative to vote for the will of their constituents or would they fall in line with the Party?

If you vote Democrat in 2020, you may as well be voting to Impeach the POTUS yourself.

Urban centers = blue states = higher population density.

Funny that you guys say, "Trump left it all up to the states!"

Ironically, you've backed into the truth, which is that states had to scramble to figure out solutions because there was no strong national leadership. That's on the POTUS. This is the biggest crisis of the past several decades and the best he could do was throw up his hands, pretend it wasn't a big danger, and lie (in February) that it would be gone within a couple days.

Imagine if, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, FDR had thrown up his hands and said, "No big deal. Gone in a few days. Let Hawaii figure it out."

I think you need to go think about a better analogy, because Japan did not attack the state of Hawaii - they attacked the US military bases and the USA.

I 100% agree he did not take it seriously at first. I kind of give him half a break because he had the entire left impeaching him based on made up shit. But tell me where a state asked for help from the federal government and was flat out denied. Hospital ships, make shift care centers, ventilators, all of it. I would bet my life that if he went full "everyone do what we say" the states and the media would have attacked him for fascism.

He did what he thought was best. That is what we expect of our leaders - not to do what we think is best (we get to evaluate their performance every 4 years), but what THEIR judgement moves them to do.

Leaders make tough, unpopular decisions. Sometimes they get it wrong. That is leadership. Now, he is a man with an ego, so he doesn't often admit when he is wrong. He does care about America, and Americans. You can disagree. He has my vote and I suspect enough of them to serve 4 more years.

I 100% agree he did not take it seriously at first. I kind of give him half a break because he had the entire left impeaching him based on made up shit.

Why does he get half a break? It's a cop out to say he was unable to govern effectively because there was an impeachment in progress.

Take a look at Trump's calendar over the duration of the impeachment. Trump held multiple rallies and went out for numerous golf outings. Aside from tweeting about the impeachment he didn't actually participate in it, he was never called as a witness.

If you have time to hold rallies and play golf you definitely have time to manage a crisis. He chose to spend his time golfing when he should have been spending that time governing.

7 months later...still wearing masks...businesses still closed...unemployment levels sky high.

This is what Trump's "leadership" looks like.

Bet you guys can't wait for another four years of winning!

We still have that here in Australia, despite being in lockdown for months. Only allowed to leave home for food once a day, masks are mandatory at all times outside home, max 1 hr away from home/day within 5 Km of your home.

All businesses and industries are basically closed, have been for months.

we had 16 cases today in a city of 5 Million+

Look at the UK, France, Germany now. They will skyrocket again.

It's not Trump, it's the virus

meanwhile US citizens continue to get tazed for mot wearing a mask

I would rather just wear the damn mask and get it over with so we can get on with life

i love the continued lockdown / open up process we got going on here so i think we should keep this hodgepodge going as is

meanwhile US citizens continue to get tazed for mot wearing a mask

I would rather just wear the damn mask and get it over with so we can get on with life

Haven't worn the mask not once. In all this time.

You do not get it do you? Even if the count went to 0 for 5 years straight they would still use media to scare you into dancing like a puppet. It was never about a virus from china with a 99% survival rate. It was always about the election.

Last edited:
Back