A blast from the past pic 1983ish me

those are times you cant get back.

Your dad still around?

Nah - he checked out early like his dad. Too young. He was 61. In 4 years I will be his age. Hard to believe.

I was mowing the lawn out here in OR. Phone rang. He'd had a massive stroke in the brain stem. They got him to the hospital down in FL and he was complaining of feeling drunk and it was pissing him off. His brain didn't function for more than 45 minutes more. I flew down with my brothers and we were there the next morning. We got to hang out with him for a little bit. He still had ink on his hands from where he had been writing. Still smelled like dad. He looked like he was just taking a nap. He had signed up to be a donor so they needed a couple of days to line everyone up. I guess he helped 6 people out with various bits and pieces including the heart.

At his service, I handed out sharpies and had everyone write whatever they wanted on his coffin. I put a copy of Shel Silversteins "Where the Sidewalk Ends" with him. We visited a couple of years ago. He was always taking Maalox so I broke some Maalox tabs up on his grave. Also dropped trou and shot a moon. He would have been disappointed if one of his boys didn't do something stupid. I'm the oldest so the job fell to me.

I miss him and am sad that the grandkids didn't get to spend more time with him. He was a good man with a big heart.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Smiling Canadian again.

Same boat - you look like you were a hellion. Not much has probably changed ;)

Losing your father is a little harder on guys i think, if you had a good relationship with your pops. It's a hard hit when Superman dies.

Caveat to that - I had a great relationship with my dad. Talked to him every couple of weeks. My other brothers had let that stretch out. One in particular. He left some loose ends from back when we were kids. It hit the brothers a lot harder than me because my dad and I were square. It was hard, but you can't go back in time and have conversations that you wished you would have had. So, take note - don't leave loose ends. Tidy that shit up and if you have a beef, resolve it or at lest be good with it.

Cool story Brasstax. I mean that.

However, I can't fucking believe you're actually older than me. You ever considered acting like an adult?

Adult? That shit is for old(er) people.

Oh, man... this is a MUCH better version of Caribbean Queen.

Last edited:
Don't get all pouty you praline pushing pud puller.
I imagine that most of us need a break from being adults 24/7 and TW is like going to the playground.

Last edited:
It always was this way. Even more so. The only difference is that we have less people and we have seen some of the most entertaining ones leave. Of course, the game that drew everyone together is long gone. It's still amusing and we have a good bunch with pretty thick skins that can speak their mind or just be an asshat.

I always thought Scoobs looked like Marc Singer. (V tv series days) less so in this pic but all the lan pics lol

Back