Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Can you circle the part in this thread where someone said that?

Don't recall seeing it.

Or... like... is this just some atheistic projection type of deal where you use the conversation to just start slinging around random anti-God/anti-religion phrases? In which case... ok, carry on.

Thread title takes care of your motives

Hrmph.

You seem angry and bitter.

You made the thread asking and I answered and stated my background as a qualifier to being able to make a reasonable decision based on study and life experience with health problems that has forced me to face death very early in life.... and now you don't believe I am happy.

Motivation now proved

Last edited:
Uhm...

Uhm...

So... like...

Okay, like...

You're saying you've brilliantly deduced my motives for asking a (pretty straightforward if you ask me) question, and you did this by spewing a bunch of anti-God/anti-religion stuff into the thread, and, because you claim in the thread that you're a happy atheist, then that means that I only made the thread to feel superior to you because I'm going to heaven but you aren't.

Do I have that right?

Spoiler

i suppose you can take turning to religion/therapy as someone using a crutch.

but you can also see some virtue in the notion of self-improvement. seeking help to increase personal happiness or self-actualization, i feel, has merit. religion offers many this type of therapy and community.

having said that, believing in ghosts and goblins seems like an unnecessary path to take but hey if it works go for it as long as you stay out of my koolaid.

Well you got the persecution angle right..

Uhm...

Uhm...

So... like...

Okay, like...

You're saying you've brilliantly deduced my motives for asking a (pretty straightforward if you ask me) question, and you did this by spewing a bunch of anti-God/anti-religion stuff into the thread, and, because you claim in the thread that you're a happy atheist, then that means that I only made the thread to feel superior to you because I'm going to heaven but you aren't.

Do I have that right?

Spoiler

i suppose you can take turning to religion/therapy as someone using a crutch.

but you can also see some virtue in the notion of self-improvement. seeking help to increase personal happiness or self-actualization, i feel, has merit. religion offers many this type of therapy and community.

having said that, believing in ghosts and goblins seems like an unnecessary path to take but hey if it works go for it as long as you stay out of my koolaid.

Where do ghosts and goblins factor into this equation at all?

You didn't explain the thought process by which you decided that your religious beliefs are in fact correct.

Is getting that granular even worth the energy? Not sure I'm seeing the point to justify the energy expenditure.

Regardless of that though, I couldn't even begin to do so until the term "correct" is defined.

Correct in what capacity? Correct from whose perspective? Correct in relation to what?

Well you got the persecution angle right..

Hrmph!

Okay...

Where exactly is the persecution angle in that?

Speaking to you is getting tiresome... because I'm getting the sensation that your side of the conversation exists only in your own head.

Hrmph!

Okay...

Where exactly is the persecution angle in that?

Speaking to you is getting tiresome... because I'm getting the sensation that your side of the conversation exists only in your own head.

Okay.. I will talk slow.

Thread title: Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

As if it is impossible such a person exists.

I balk at that and provide grounds for my decision so it doesn't appear to be one taken lightly.

You come back with u mad bro?

Slow enough?

Okay.. I will talk slow.

Thread title: Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

As if it is impossible such a person exists.

I balk at that and provide grounds for my decision so it doesn't appear to be one taken lightly.

You come back with u mad bro?

Slow enough?

So are you presenting yourself as the example of a happy atheist?

Because... I mean... not for nothin, but you seem like a angry, bitter, condescending fuck. :(

And that isn't the equivalent of "u mad bro?", (a throwaway expression that's used to belittle someone else), because it's the foundation of the entire thread - from my experience, atheists tend to be angry, bitter, condescending fucks.

So are you presenting yourself as the example of a happy atheist?

Because... I mean... not for nothin, but you seem like a angry, bitter, condescending fuck. :(

And that isn't the equivalent of "u mad bro?", (a throwaway expression that's used to belittle someone else), because it's the foundation of the entire thread - from my experience, atheists tend to be angry, bitter, condescending fucks.

and thus prove my point. You can't and will not except the possibility someone can live and die without the fear you have. The fear that has made you question the very existence of a person that can be happy without god

Yes, we need a higher power to look up too, otherwise there is anarchy.

However, there really needs to be a new religion. Besides the things I mentioned earlier (Noah, Adam, Eve), I can't get past

The bible saying the earth is only 6k years old and in-directly mentioning the dinosaurs (talking about a big animal).
The Quran only goes back about 2k years.

I would do religion and believe in a god or higher power if it wasn't for these fucked up stories. Thus I believe in another dimension with aliens watching us because of the weird dreams I have.

Last edited:
Back