Has you tribed?

Tribes

• Total voters
I played every version for a considerable time except for aerial assault and midair. I also played Legions, but I played T1 5x more than any other iteration of the game.

Were there other ripoffs like Legions I'm forgetting about? I probably played one or two of those also. Legions was OK but overdrive totally changed things.

ranked by most personal play time:

T1
T:V
T:A
Legions
T2

I was a beta tester for T2 but it never really felt right to me. I quit before Classic came out along with the mass migration of T1 players who returned to T1 because almost everyone agreed T1 was just way better. I think that's when I joined =ACE= after cyanide continued playing T2 with Area51 (for those reading jerry's story thread).

By the time the T1 revival died down again, T:V was out and I spent a solid couple years with T:V. I shamelessly admit that I loved T:V. Many of the best T1 players made the switch so the community largely accepted the game and there were always familiar faces playing on the 5150 servers. Three things killed that game: a botched release date, ignorant corporate fuckheads pulling the financial strings (i.e. no patches), and the grappler. You either loved the grappler or you hated it and thought it bastardized Tribes. I loved the grappler. It added a new challenge to master and introduced some new elements to the game. After you got the hang of it, the shit you could do with the grappler was so damn fun. That being said, I can also understand why some people didn't like how it changed the game.

So much of my youth was spent on Tribes. Wish I had spent that time practicing guitar or doing something else more productive, but I'd be lying if I said I don't look back at the Tribes days as some of my favorite memories.

Last edited:
re aerial assault, who was the ad wizard that thought making a tribes game for playstation was a good idea?

T1 demo leading into T2, and Tribes Vengeance beta testing.

Played the fuk out of ps2 for about 6 months, ran with 3 platoons of 64 players each most of the time, coordinated by teamspeak.

given the hours I know I have played with steam games these days and /played in World of Warcraft when I played that I would not be shocked if I actually had 5000+ hours of T1 played

during my best teenaged years and into my early 20s

TIME WELL SPENT, FUCK

i remember when i played tribes for so long the crt monitor started getting burn in

i had to like turn it off before any damage occurred

i think that was an all nighter

no idea how long i played but it had to be extreme

LOL

Couldn't get enough T1, very few games actually raised my heartrate and made me cheer/curse at my computer monitor.

Enjoyed T2, it got better after the classic mode was released. Actually liked the vehicles though, tank was fun once you got the hang of it.

Trives Vengrances, hated the multiplayer but oddly enough I had a blast playing through the campaign, all 15 minutes of it...

I tried AA and it is probably the most I've ever been disappointed in a video game. It was unplayable.

Console fps games have autoaim. If you've ever played a Halo game you might know what I'm talking about. Now imangine trying to lead disc shots while the autoaim is dragging your reticule directly at your Target.:sick:

Back