The good old days

Enlightened One

Veteran XX
server_list.png

Last edited:
Tribes hay day, total of 4 servers full of people..
no wonder we thought we were good, when there was hardly any competition around :)

The graphics are honestly good for a 20 year old game. If you compared the gfx there to games from the early 90s, it was like night and day. The pace of improvement radically slowed down at some point in the 2ks.

Now its all about console compatibility.

I would seriously pay 1k right now to have that game come back like it was. The day slam gave me 5150 SAD was like the best day of my life at that point, still remember my pw

Last edited:
honestly we are all successful enough maybe if we pool our money we could buy source? Im good for some $$

version 55

s3 donut > *; they were full a lot so SES was a perfect place to cook and then chill

The graphics are honestly good for a 20 year old game. If you compared the gfx there to games from the early 90s, it was like night and day. The pace of improvement radically slowed down at some point in the 2ks.

Now its all about console compatibility.

I watched a little bit of a T2 demo on YouTube last night and in some ways I really think T1 looks better despite being the earlier game.

Obviously we can question a lot of what went wrong with T2 (even though I think technically it was a commercial success), but if they'd just essentially released T1 with new maps and a couple new features then it might have built a better foundation for the future of the franchise, which was basically DOA when T:V came out.

Not only was T2 (IMO) less fun, but it was also a lot harder to run. I bought a new machine just to play the game and it still barely worked. The beta was a total mess.

Last edited:
I would seriously pay 1k right now to have that game come back like it was. The day slam gave me 5150 SAD was like the best day of my life at that point, still remember my pw

I got Midair and it's a decent approximation of Tribes. Having not played T1 in many years, the controls felt intuitive and familiar right away. Nobody plays the game, but if it draws some users when it goes F2P then maybe it will be a decent replacement.

Part of my nostalgia for Tribes is just based on age and life experience though. I was barely a teenager when T1 came out. I could afford to play hours upon hours and I was excited about trying to get good at the game. Now as a more jaded 30-something who has kinda been there and done that, I can't see myself pouring in the same level of energy into a game again. Nothing will really recreate that magic.

Back