Guild Wars 2

Yeah but didn't ToR sell just as much (or more) and what happened there? I was told the leveling was fun but endgame was boring. My point is most MMOs people jump on it for the first 1 - 3 months because it is the new MMO.

you play wow... yesssss... getttt SHINIESSSS!

Yeah but didn't ToR sell just as much (or more) and what happened there? I was told the leveling was fun but endgame was boring. My point is most MMOs people jump on it for the first 1 - 3 months because it is the new MMO.

thats the problem with games based mostly on content and not on emergent systems or mechanics.

you can only feed so much before you can't keep up. i think the reason people still play WoW is because of the variety of stuff in the game. if the content out there to do is boring to you, maybe you try some pvp. maybe you achievement hunt. do some solo stuff, etc.

gw2 is cool but it'll drop off dramatically in a few months and then level off and chug along successfully.

Way I see it...

PvE = Keeps number higher over the long haul but requires more development (ie. patches) to keep them interested and it doesn't rely on innovation as much.

PvP = Requires more player interest to maintain numbers since the system is more player-driven. If done right can supercede PvE in numbers and long-term interest but requires a lot more effort and some risk to get it right. And it really hasn't been fully done right yet...

WoW is doing "well" now simply because they have made proper distractions from lackluster PvE. The PvP doesn't matter as much as long as you have carrots like achievement, "dungeon challenges" and a mock-pokemon system to keep some people entertained.

Anyone comment on if they played WwW and how it is? Seems like that would probably be the only thing keeping me playing at lvl 80. It all sounds good on paper but...

I enjoy the shit out of WvWvW, even though witnessing the window-lickers attack worthless towers with no siege equipment, while important assets go undefended and are lost, makes me want to kill a puppy.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/...f-the-guild-wars-2-economy/?utm_source=client

Kinda cool. They're took a bunch of items that were in abundance (like all the wood you can't sell on the TP because there's so much of it) and turned it into Mystic Forge recipes.

Also here's a graph of the class/race breakdown:

Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

who ever said they were buying supply bags and selling the contents on TP is an idiot. I just did it as a test and you barely break even.

you're an idiot, you place a bid usually in bulk way under the "buy it now" price...

for example I place a bulk order of 200 "bag of pilfered goods" I place a bid of 36~ copper each, the AH buy it now price may be 45~ copper

its the people looking for the "sell it now" option that are selling it cheap...

last time I spent 55silver on the bags and was able to sell the items (the money accumulated) to 90silver total. You just need to make sure you're buying the bags that drop T2 & T3 items and sure you may get a stick of butter worth 1 copper because its random but when you buy in bulk it averages out better in your favor.

EDIT: just did it again with 200 bags of bags of Filched goods, spent 22s and whats sitting at the AH vendor is 45s waiting to be picked up...

all I do is underbid the bags and generally speaking match the lowest sell price on the AH, never do i "sell to highest bidder"

Last edited:
Back