Can anyone name a holiday that Americans haven't turned into an excuse to get drunk?

Can't say I've ever been wasted on either of those Holidays.

I would say the ones that I drink the most are:

St. Patty's Day
Independence Day
Christmas
New Years Eve

edit: I'm too hyped up about Zombie Jesus on Easter to think about drinking. Instead, I think about how funny it would be if Jesus started the Zombie apocalypse which pretty much amuses me for the rest of the week.

Why is this getting passed over? I don't know anyone that feels like getting trashed after eating until they want to puke.

family together all day getting drunk while cooking and/or watching football, only to have a giant meal (with alcohol) topped off with dessert & alcohol

You have to be pretty poor not to afford good wine for Christmas or Easter.

thanksgiving is about going into a food coma not getting drunk and trying to have sex with your cousin

"YOU SOCIAL, FUN, OUTGOING ASSHOLES ARE ALWAYS DRINKING AND IT MAKES MY SKIN CLAMMY AND MAKES ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO SIT IN THE CORNER, DRINK MY PRUNE JUICE AND LAUGH AT EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA"

- odio

I don't see how this is limited to Americans. Adults drink when they get together regardless of the nationality. If you are referring to holidays where people go get smashed and party there are plenty, like Easter, that people don't do that on.

The Taliban don't. So if I am to understand the point of this thread that means they are better so we should aspire to be more like them.

Back