[ITT] We spend the next few hours recovering my laptop.

2ugmcf8.jpg

2uijdr4.jpg

This is roughly the same result no matter whether I try to format them together, individually, format the drive (to Master Boot Drive) or the volume (to NTFS)

Someone please take a look at these screencaps and tell me why my Vista install isn't recognizing my HDD(s) at all, despite the fact Ubuntu seems to know they're there.

Spoiler

I'm really hoping it's something dumb I stupidly overlooked

your drives are on a raid controller and the windows installation or livecd you are trying to use does not have the raid controller driver.

You'll need a floppy disk.

I thought they remedied that in Vista...

Also, since when do laptops have raid controllers? :huh:

As far as I know, yes. The last time I used RAID was with either XP or 2000 where you needed to have them on a floppy disk. You can also slipstream them into the install CD, but that's a bit of work.

Did you format the individual 500 GB drives using Ubuntu? If so, you may have fucked up the array.

edit: beaten by the android

I did format the individual drives too, so maybe I fucked up this whole "array"? How could I fix that?

I'm also confused about this whole RAID situation. Why would a brand new like super expensive gaming computer from 2009 be using RAID over SATA?

The manufacturer combined your SATA drives as RAID 0 for increased performance. What is the make and model of your laptop?

Problem is they've updated and changed the m17 since 2 years agox that the drivers and chipset they have listed in their support section is completely different

Back