Tribes Ascend Article + Request

merestealth

Veteran XV
Hey guys I wrote an article for a blog about the upcoming Ascend release which reflects on this community in years past. We're still new but slowly growing.

I wasn't able to find any competition demos for Team 5150 or others for Vengeance. Do any of you have one buried on an old ftp server or a link I can download one from?

If you have some interest here's the article.

Massvio Tribes Ascend Preview - Massvio

He deleted TSI and Carnova's a looong time ago. I didn't know he'd deleted Dutch and Snapple's as well and I have no idea why he deleted Ruffian.

I should really fix my old comp and see what demos are still there.

TSI i understand (accusations of cheats, etc), Snapple maaaybe (there was a questionable 8 second video of Snapple on SH doing something vaguely sketchy), but Dutch was Mr.Clean

altho someone (i wont name names) at some point made another one of those 8 second videos where it looked like Dutch was cheating, but if you watched the whole demo it was obvious that it was 100% clean

:shrug:

p.s. i was mad at Dutch when he quit whatever team we were on to join E5, 2 days before we had a match vs E5

and then snapple did the same thing

and then like half our team

and then Dutch and andrew were on the same team :lol:

I didn't hop from farmers to e5, there were some players on farmers that annoyed me and the last straw was them deciding to fuck around and embarass a lesser team in a scrim instead of just capping them out.

snapple talked me into joining e5 sometime shortly after when guys like grayfox, saiyan and prio joined.

That cheat video that came out was funny though, at the time krush of rr was convinced I cheated and I would send him all my demos. Eventually krush and andrew found one little tidbit that turned out to be pretty retarded, and made a vid that was posted on tribalwar by vm and he ended up looking bad.

and i dont think you can really consider kov lt an actual team :\ we didnt do much

Back