Cheat request for the movie

GoFFe

Veteran XV
This is a rather ballsy request but basicly I want a modified periffs cheat for the movie. I want the indicators to show up on every player as soon as you can see them on your screen, so no wallhack bullshit. It will be much like as in Tribes Vengeance. The reason for this are mainly 4 points.

- It makes it easier for players who are not as familiar with Tribes to see what is going on (u are shooting at the red dot, oh that most be the enemy i see, oh red dot is gone he most of have died)

- It will be easier to see that there were other players in the server and the shot was most likely not staged

- On youtube it will be hard to see the black pixels getting hit, especially if you are watching in 360p, which some viewers actually do. (I will release a full quality version this time tho)

- It adds a nice contrast to the image, especially on maps like SH where the sky is all grey (now I will fix this a bit in another way too, but the iffs will help)

Now, I could do this myself in After Effects by tracking the indicator on to each player, but that would take a long time and would probably delay the movie by 1-2 months and I would most likely just lose the motivation.

In the worst case I will have to pay NoFix for this cheat.

What are your thoughts about this? Maybe you hardcore vets think it will ruin the whole tribes feeling with them indicators.

Sounds like a good idea, just as long as it's done in a way so the viewer knows it's just for the movie.

Also, for maps like SH, just modify the .mis file. Yeah, it's misrepresentation, but it will solve some of your problems.

shlush.jpg

Hrrmm... you've tried it? I thought Tribes demos were basically re-enactments. Just recordings of events and positions that run using whatever Tribes config was being used.

I might be wrong though.

As i mentioned in irc a while ago, you should still be able to open the tree after loading the recording, adjusting the sky, then record on the fly. Did you try that? A little work, but not that much. I doubt the "cheat request" will be successful.

Last edited:
Haha, I didn't understand what to do, Hunden. The Cheat is already being worked on by NoFix, just has one little bug when used in demos, but hopefully will be fixed later.

Close thread.

Geoffe pm me for instructions on adding sky via tree if you haven't figured it out.

Last edited:
THIS EXAMPLE IS FOR SH_LT
(I didn't look at any other maps but the procedure should be the same.)

• start demo then pause it
  • open console
  • type tree(); and press enter
  • expand SimManager
  • expand SimRenderSet
  • left click, then right click Sky and select Edit
  • in 'Material List DML' type litesky.dml
  • in Size experiment with values (600 seems good for SH)
  • in 'Texture 1 Index' type 1
  • in 'Texture 2 Index' type 2
  • (repeat for 3 through 15)
  • in 'Texture 16 Index' type 0
  • click Apply
  • Close console and exit (with X) from tree window.

After closing tree(); it may take a few moments to get control of the mouse and console again. You might have to minimize and maximize Tribes to get mouse input and console ability during editing and after closing tree.

Last edited:
Thanks Lemon, will try that later tonight.

Hunden, you thought I was just gonna go ahead and get that shit all by myself!? You crazy man, just crazy!

Back