What are some good sci-fi movies?

I wish one of the big movie houses would stop by a used book store and start browsing the scifi section...
I am so sick of remakes.
There is so much good scifi out there that would make excellent movies if done proper.

I went through an anime phase. There are a couple out there that where good though. Ghost in the shell and Akira are prolly my favs

If you can stand some anime, Cowboy Bebop. Pretty much the only anime (outside of Miyazaki) that I enjoyed. Ghost in the Shell and Akira were also really good.

Good sci-fi flick
X%285%29.jpg

If you can stand some anime, Cowboy Bebop. Pretty much the only anime (outside of Miyazaki) that I enjoyed. Ghost in the Shell and Akira were also really good.

he won't watch anime or any asian films, because he's a racist who hates asian shit

also, he's too dumb to read subtitles, so all foreign films of any kind are out

:sunny:

he won't watch anime or any asian films, because he's a racist who hates asian shit

also, he's too dumb to read subtitles, so all foreign films of any kind are out

:sunny:

anime does suck tbh

Watched Pandorum the other day. Better than expected.

Altered States is a weird one too
I thought pandorum was pretty derivative and mediocre but I guess its at least semi interesting. It started out really good but then got silly fast.

Sunshine
A Scanner Darkly

Most of my other favorites have already been mentioned.

You say you hate Anime, but if you change your mind about that and decide to give it a try you should check out Cowboy Bebop. One of the few Animes that I actually enjoy. Reminds me a bit of Firefly/Serenity in that whole space cowboy/outlaw thing. Good show.

Minority Report
I'm not sure why I feel this is underrated considering it has 89% top critics on RT but I think it's an awesome movie. Not a huge fan of Tom Cruise but I think it's very cool up until the sappy ending.

Blade Runner and A Clockwork Orange are my favorite two listed in this thread so far.

Blade Runner might just be my favorite film of all time, tbh.

Alien is of course standard, and Aliens too if you consider it sci-fi.

I also like that someone mentioned Galaxy Quest...not really sci-fi but fucking awesome nonetheless.

Last edited:
It's been said a few times, but Enemy Mine. Saw it when I was younger thinking it was gonna be kinda lame but ended up really enjoying it.

Back