Microsoft Free Stuff Giveaway (Vista, xbox360, zune)

I wouldn't be too hopeful until you start receiving stuff guys. I remember receiving a confirmation similar that said it would ship in 2-3 months after I first ordered

Is it considered cheating to use the anagram generator though? I'm kinda worried they're gonna look at my account and be like "Well there's no way you could come up with that many words so fast so you lose".

I don't wanna spend a few hours doing this shit if I'm not actually gonna get something :(

No, also I think there is a popup CAPTCHA in place now if you type shit too fast.

I wouldn't be too hopeful until you start receiving stuff guys. I remember receiving a confirmation similar that said it would ship in 2-3 months after I first ordered

Yeah, I guess. I'll believe it when I see it...not often you get multiple-hundred dollar products for free, but the first email was an automated system set up before they knew what kind of volume they were going to deal with.

This is a year later, voluntarily sent, and they know exactly how many orders they have to catch up on. I'm betting I'll get the stuff from the accounts I got emails at.

Wow, so I dug through the garbage I have around my desk and found my notepad I written down all the emails I used for this thing.

Out of 11 accounts
- 3 no longer work (passwords were the same for them all, so that's not it).
- 2 were zeroed

The other six still had a total of 8 Vista Ultimates, a Zune, and Zoo Tycoon, so I updated my shipping for those (though I'm not holding my breath).

I got curious, though, and logged into the regular Live page with the accounts that had stuff on order. Two accounts still had >20K tickets and one had ~11K. :o:

Going to see if there is anything worth ordering tomorrow (probably not).

[edit] Just looked. Nothing there unless I want to get a camera in 30 years playing the games normally.

Last edited:
If you do not update your address by 8/29/08, we will ship the prize(s) you ordered in June or July of 2007, within approximately twelve weeks, to the shipping address you provided in June or July of 2007.

hmm.. up to 2 months more before they plan to ship eh?

I am expecting at least 2 more copies of Windows Vista maybe 4 more total.. If I get them all.. Hello return to Walmart and buy me a spanking new Canon 40D or maybe the 50D when it comes out.

good to hear. i should have a 360 controller, one of those web cams, and 2 copies of vista coming according to that shipping confirmation page. my other accounts didn't get anything, but they were made pretty late when cheating was rampant.

you can return vista to wal-mart? for just store credit or what? I can't imagine they'd give you cash, but I don't know.

edit: would they need to normally have it in stock? walmart.com says no stores carry it around here.

Last edited:
The UPS guy just delivered 3 copies of Vista Ultimate.

Current total:

3 LX-3000 headsets
3 XBox 360 wireless controllers
3 Windows Vista Ultimate
1 brown Zune leather case
1 30GB Zune

you can return vista to wal-mart? for just store credit or what? I can't imagine they'd give you cash, but I don't know.

edit: would they need to normally have it in stock? walmart.com says no stores carry it around here.

I don't think they accept it if the store doesn't carry it which sucks because the site says that the walmart over here doesn't carry it. I'm probably gonna ebay them.

I don't think they accept it if the store doesn't carry it which sucks because the site says that the walmart over here doesn't carry it. I'm probably gonna ebay them.

Well I would imagine they would still take it because the have a sku for it.. What if I had received it as a gift and wanted to return it.. but it was ordered online.. I bet they will accept it

If not, there are a ton of retailers that would. Target, Staples, best buy, circuit city, [strike]compusa[/strike], Office Depot.

Yeah but I need store credit all in 1 location for one big buy.. I am pretty sure walmart will take them back for store credit

Back