Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

I've been working in media relations for more than a decade ... so, yeah, I guess you could say I've been in the papers, on the radio and on TV a few times.

I dont deal that well with it. I wish that the spider that bit me would have killed my ass. But thats the easy way out.

5 years we fought that shit from Pittsburgh to NYC, Philly, Vermont and TX. Besides the memories and pain I still have a medical bill for over $100,000 and thats just from Slaon in NY.

Damn man, I recently lost my cat to Leukemia. It was the most miserable week of watching him suffer. I stayed up the last night before I took him in to put him down. I loved this cat like it was my son, but I spent the night thinking: Damn, what if this had been my son? If I'm having such a terrible time dealing with this, I don't think I can handle this happening if I had a kid.

While the degrees aren't even close, I feel awful for you. My condolences.

when i was a senior in high school i took first at state for humor interpretation and i was also my state's first qualifier. it was in the newspapers. i got to go out of state for nationals.

i mean its not much, but everyone knew and for a while they liked being around me simply because i was that much closer to being famous than them. :lol:

Damn man, I recently lost my cat to Leukemia. It was the most miserable week of watching him suffer. I stayed up the last night before I took him in to put him down. I loved this cat like it was my son, but I spent the night thinking: Damn, what if this had been my son? If I'm having such a terrible time dealing with this, I don't think I can handle this happening if I had a kid.

While the degrees aren't even close, I feel awful for you. My condolences.

Exactly

me and about 10 other streakers were caught in a picture during frosh week in the ottawa local paper. i was proudly wearing a sock while some of the girls around me had duct tape over their nipples and paper towel taped over their love canal.

sad to say, i wasn't even high when this happened

i was in the newspaper when i was a kid showing off my awesome white blond mullet

got interviewed for some local news channel a couple times about video games

me and about 10 other streakers were caught in a picture during frosh week in the ottawa local paper. i was proudly wearing a sock while some of the girls around me had duct tape over their nipples and paper towel taped over their love canal.

sad to say, i wasn't even high when this happened

Have you ever streaked?

Spoiler

Last edited:
Much :heart: to hfinger

When I was a teenager I made the local TV news playing in the huge water spout from a broken fire hydrant that a bus had run over. :D

Other than that, some fame locally. Spent 7 years performing Riff-Raff at The Rocky Horror Picture Show in West Los Angeles. You can see a bit o' me on the Audience Participation version of RHPS aired every Halloween on Fox television. I'm also on one of the DVDs somewhere. Performed at the 20th anniversary at the Pantages theater at Hollywood & Vine. Performed the Time Warp at Prince's Glam Slam club. Numerous college shows, etc.

I guess my 15 minutes here on TW (zomg! has it really been 9 years?!) would be the goatse'ing of Jeremy Daspin teh turd. :D

Last edited:
Other than that, some fame locally. Spent 7 years performing Riff-Raff at The Rocky Horror Picture Show in West Los Angeles. You can see a bit o' me on the Audience Participation version of RHPS aired every year on Fox television. I'm also on one of the DVDs somewhere. Performed at the 20th anniversary at the Pantages theater at Hollywood & Vine. Performed the Time Warp at Prince's Glam Slam club. Numerous college shows, etc.

Great scott! (Throws toilet paper). That's awesome, man. I used to love going to RHPS around here when they still played it.

I've been in the local newspaper a few times for various things, but I do not feel that is my 15 minutes of fame.

hfinger you rock.

Been in the paper countless times and TV several times from soccer while growing up. Was also in the papers and on the news for a couple days when I was arrested years back, but we wont talk about that as its dead to me now. Neither are really considered 15 minutes of fame though.

Back