[Major Update] 1-60 XP rate changes

TseTse

Veteran X
I've been unsubbed for a few weeks and not following the news, but i hear they've announced that leveling rates will be increased significant in coming months for 1-60.

Anybody have official link or good info link?

It probably won't happen untill the xpac. They have no real reason to before that. Blizzard makes too much money on the game being a time sink.

The 1 - 60 XP should not be the issue. You do the questing in yellow/high green and it's easy to level to 60. It's the 60 - 70 that's the pain (literally double what they should have been) and it also asks the question about how they'll handle levelling from 70 - 80 come Lich King.

But all I did hear was 1. +30% XP from quests and 2. It won't be done until Lich King. Like people said before, they have no reason to implement it before Lich King.

Have 1 70 and 3 more 60+ toons, and I never had a problem with 50 - 60. It was roughly the same as the rest of it. Maybe you guys just grinded too much and I quested? Also because if you grind without questing it's relatively stupid. 98% of the quests involve grinding anyway (kill count, collecting quest items off mobs, etc.) so why not grab the quests, go out and grind, and when your packs are full or need repairs go back to town and turn it in and get a nice large shot of XP?

The 1 - 60 XP should not be the issue. You do the questing in yellow/high green and it's easy to level to 60. It's the 60 - 70 that's the pain (literally double what they should have been) and it also asks the question about how they'll handle levelling from 70 - 80 come Lich King.

But all I did hear was 1. +30% XP from quests and 2. It won't be done until Lich King. Like people said before, they have no reason to implement it before Lich King.

Are you fucking stupid? (Though I should obviously know this by now) 60-70 is easy, well-paced, and generally fun.

1-60 is poorly paced, contains way too much grinding, and generally... sucks.

I can't stand questing around 38-50. I hate the back and forth between tanaris, hinterlands, feralas, and searing gorge. Hinterlands and feralas are 2 of my least favorite zones. once I hit 50 I actually start enjoying quests again. I like the quests and layout for felwood, un'goro, plaguelands, and burning steppe. finish it out with winterspring and silithis if you still need extra exp before heading to outland.

20s is starting to get annoying too. I've had enough of wetlands, duskwood, hillsbrad, ashenvale, and stonetalon.

30-40 has to be the worst stretch of leveling ever. 40 you get mount and new armor. That fun wears off by 45 and it sucks to 55...then you're close to Outlands and it gets exciting. By 65 you're tired of leveling and you just want to be 70.

I dunno I just got a rogue, pally, and a warrior from 30 - 40 the past few weeks and I haven't been bored. It's not fun mind you but it certainly isn't something I look forward to.

40-50 is terrible for me. its always when i take a break of the character i am leveling for about a week.

normally by 30 i have met some good friends and i blast to 40 with them doing instances and talking in vent.... then 40 to 50 just fucking sucks.

I leveled a warrior from 1-60 in 2.5 to 3 weeks..don't remember...using Joanna's horde guide. To me its all kinda boring but using a guide I don't sweat missing stuff and you are never grinding...well maybe once or twice for half a level.

Plus I had my 70 priest on a different account and out of group. It autofollowed and I just pressed the renew button and never had down time. I could do elite quests and I'd cleave/whirlwind groups of mobs.

I have a mage that I'm gonna get to 70 one day on rest exp...I just have my priest spam flash heal while I gather up mobs and AOE them. Full experience cause priest is out of group. only 36 atm tho

Last edited:
40-50ish is way to spread out to be any fun. You get those annoying fucking quests lines that take you halfway around the god damn world into zones with quests you can't even get yet.

I leveled a warrior from 1-60 in 2.5 to 3 weeks..don't remember...using Joanna's horde guide. To me its all kinda boring but using a guide I don't sweat missing stuff and you are never grinding...well maybe once or twice for half a level.

Plus I had my 70 priest on a different account and out of group. It autofollowed and I just pressed the renew button and never had down time. I could do elite quests and I'd cleave/whirlwind groups of mobs.

I have a mage that I'm gonna get to 70 one day on rest exp...I just have my priest spam flash heal while I gather up mobs and AOE them. Full experience cause priest is out of group. only 36 atm tho

ya im using that now on a druid.... waay easier and less thinking :)

ya im using that now on a druid.... waay easier and less thinking :)

Yeah you can just logout and comeback the next day and not have to think about what you need to do. One thing that is great about doing all those quests is that I was revered with every faction at 60. I did the AV quests and turned in blood and had a wolf for my undead warrior at 54.

One thing her guide doesnt mention is that at 51 you can get the AV quest (near tarren mill) and win one AV game and get a great weapon thats well ahead of your level.

Thottbot World of Warcraft: Quest: Hero of the Frostwolf

Last edited:
60-70 is easy cause its 1 zone at a time not to mention the huge gear upgrades. the travel time for 45-60 is just stupid, you should be able to go zone by zone, not do 5 quests and then come back in 5 levels and do the rest.

xpac will be fine cause of the zone by zone setup and the gear is gonna be awesome .

lvling a pally or druid can just suck because they didn't get itemization right until BC

I thought the xp buff was going in with 2.3 patch (and supposedly the fix to ret DPS). They're also putting a new quest hub in at DWM since it's hard to find quests between level 36-41ish (hillsbrad/arathi up to where feralas quests are easily soloable).

I checked last night and my warrior is level 51 (been that level for a month or two). I'm more interested in skilling up mining on it than hitting 70 since I don't intend at this time to use it for more than farming. If I hit 70 and like PVP I might go that route but since warriors are so damn gear dependant I may put that off til the expansion and play an alt for a change. ATM I still enjoy my priest, and actually only rolled the warrior so I'd have a gathering alt when I went tailoring/alchemy (now tailor/enchanting) on my main.

Back