Can you get a passport if you have a dumb traffic warrant?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blue-Mush
02-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Me and my buddy are planning to go to Europe in a about 6 months and I was wondering if a stupid traffic ticket warrant would hinder me from getting my passort?

Texas Dragon
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
maybe you should've paid your fine, citizen

BloodyShark
02-25-2010, 08:12 PM
But see, it wasn't his fault!

Anguish
why is it a traffic ticket warrant? Sounds like it's just a warrant to me. I mean, maybe from parking tickets but a warrant all the same?

SuicideSnowman
I like when people bring this **** up here they always make it a point to mention how dumb or stupid the traffic ticket was.

Vanster
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
If you're saying there is a warrant for your arrest that has been entered into the NCIC, no you can't get a passport.

Spiderman
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
:lol:

Shopper47
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Those stupid warrants, how dare they prevent you from leaving the country.

Pip
02-25-2010, 08:23 PM
sneak across into canada
then take a plane from there
win win

Blue-Mush
02-25-2010, 08:23 PM
One was for speeding and the other one was for failure to appear to the speeding case. Can I get a serious answer please? I know that's asking alot from Teedub, but cmon. I'll post nudes of LoD ...an oldie but a goodie.

JuggerNaught
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
serious answer...take some of the money you're going to spend on going to europe and buying a passport, and pay your ****ing ticket.

Vanster
02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
One was for speeding and the other one was for failure to appear to the speeding case. Can I get a serious answer please? I know that's asking alot from Teedub, but cmon. I'll post nudes of LoD ...an oldie but a goodie.

I gave you a serious answer. Not all warrants are entered into the NCIC, but if the one(s) you have are in it, you will not get a passport.

Now lets have the pics.

Mael
02-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I can't believe I agree with Juggernaught.

But he's right. I can't imagine that a warrant has a statute of limitations but if it does, I would imagine it's 7 years like most cases.

It's certainly not something you're going to be able to ignore for ever and I'd be willing to bet that it could turn into something serious. Judges tend to look unfavorably on people who don't show up in their courtroom on the days they're supposed to.

And the LoD nudes are lame. You can't even see anything. Offer better nudes.

Blue-Mush
02-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I gave you a serious answer. Not all warrants are entered into the NCIC, but if the one(s) you have are in it, you will not get a passport.

Now lets have the pics.

I forgot to mention I'm at work and I'll post them when I get home from work. Oops....

SharpShooter
02-25-2010, 08:34 PM
****ing yes you can get a passport. Christ. A traffic warrant is not gonna throw up any flags during the process.

JuggerNaught
02-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I can't believe I agree with Juggernaught.

But he's right. I can't imagine that a warrant has a statute of limitations but if it does, I would imagine it's 7 years like most cases.

It's certainly not something you're going to be able to ignore for ever and I'd be willing to bet that it could turn into something serious. Judges tend to look unfavorably on people who don't show up in their courtroom on the days they're supposed to.

And the LoD nudes are lame. You can't even see anything. Offer better nudes.
speaking from experience...what it will turn into is a night in jail. There is already a bench warrant issued for not showing up, and if his court system is like pretty much any other court system, his license is already suspended.

sooner or later he'll get pulled over for no turn signal or a cop will just be running license plates at a light and he'll get snatched up.

he'll go to jail, car will get towed and it will add about another 150-250 to whatever the piddly ticket is at this point.

Dumpy Dooby
02-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Serious answer: you just need to go to court and see a judge and have him formally say you're guilty and all that fun stuff. Call the court and set a date. They are not going to throw you in jail. After that, you owe them money. When you fail to pay that, it will be sent over to collections and you'll owe their collection agency.

If it was a misdemeanor charge, like a DUI or reckless driving, then you might be looking at something a bit more harsh. I'm assuming that it's just an infraction and not a criminal charge because you emphasized that it was a "traffic" warrant.

slogg
02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Im just here for the nudes

JuggerNaught
02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
U.S. citizens may be asked to present a "certificate of good conduct" or "lack of a criminal record" for a variety of reasons for use abroad including adoption, school attendance, employment, etc. U.S. law enforcement authorities may not be familiar with such a procedure since it is not commonly requested in the United States. There are a variety of options available to U.S. citizens seeking to obtain proof of their lack of a criminal record.

LOCAL POLICE CHECK: Go to your local police department where you reside or last resided in the United States, request that the police conduct a criminal records search and provide you with a document reflecting that there is no history of a criminal record. Local police departments may require your personal appearance in order to conduct the search. Your local police department can phrase this in whatever way they deem appropriate. The document should then be authenticated for use abroad following our guidance on authentication or legalization of documents.

FBI RECORDS CHECK: The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) centralizes criminal justice information and provides accurate and timely information and services to local, state, federal, and international law enforcement agencies, the private sector, academia, and other government agencies. The subject of an identification record may obtain a copy thereof by submitting a written request to the CJIS . The request must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of identity (consisting of name, date and place of birth, and a set of roll-inked fingerprint impressions) and a certified check or money order for the $18 processing fee. The FBI will not provide copies of arrest records to individuals other than the subject of the record. Requests should be directed to FBI CJIS Division, Attn: SCU, Mod. D-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Rd., Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306. If there is no criminal record, a report reflecting this fact is provided. See FBI Identification Record Request.

GETTING YOUR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN: U.S. citizens should be able to obtain fingerprint cards from their local police departments. U.S. embassies and consulates do not generally provide this service. Fingerprint Identification: An Overview .

AUTHENTICATION OF POLICE OR FBI CERTIFICATES OF LACK OF A CRIMINAL RECORD: The FBI***8217;s CJIS Division will authenticate U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73 fingerprint search results for international requests by placing the FBI seal and signature of a Division official on the results, if requested at the time of submission. Documents prepared in this matter may then be sent to the U.S. Department of State Authentications Office by the requestor to be authenticated if necessary. Please be sure to indicate the country in which the document is to be used. The FBI procedure became effective 1/25/2010 and will apply only to documents finalized after that date. Requests to authenticate previously processed results will not be accepted. See the FBI FAQ on this subject.

Documents obtained from your local police will require additional authentication after you obtain the local police seal. Contact your state Secretary of State***8217;s office or other official designated in your state to authenticate state issued documents. See our general guidance on authentication of documents for use abroad.

Revised February 2010
Criminal Record Checks (http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_1201.html)

they are going to do a local police check. pay your tickets

CrazyMike
02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Go to the courthouse and turn yourself in. Deal with the warrant under your own terms, before you get randomly pulled over they discover the warrant.