I ****ing hate the public sector\government employees

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Phantred
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Just a ****ing breeding ground of incompetence. An entire infrastructure built on retardation. I'm honestly ****ing impressed that anything gets done at all.

From affirmative action\diversity hiring and promotion, right up to it being ****ing impossible to get fired.

Which got me thinking, I never hear anything on military diversity, especially in 'management.' Is the military held to the same diversity requirements in their promotion process?

I guess what I'm wondering is if somewhere out there is some dumb**** ****** holding thousands of lifes in his hands because we had too many white officers when it came time to promote another.

Also, I'd like this post to serve as a big **** you to any government employees(or teachers), we might have on the boards. Thank god they are pretty much guaranteed middle class income, tops.

Got Haggis?
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
so i'm guessing you got passed over for a promotion and are blaming it because you are white instead of the fact that you are a ****ty worker?

Goshin
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
true

when a bus driver complains they arent getting paid enough or not enough benefits, when they dropped out of highschool and got a GED and in general are sucky people...**** what the ****. **** unions and strikes. get fired

40k to drive a bus, great benefits, pension plan after 20 years. NOONE HAS PENSIONS PLANS ANYMORE

****s bull****

Mr.Beverage
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
calm down, its gonna be ok.

samUwell
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
its because of them being in a union.

if we got rid of all government held union positions, mediocrity would no longer be allowed to flourish like it is now.

i do contract work at a local govt office and i see it on a daily basis.

Detox.enD
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
not sure about the military, but it goes on in emergency positions like police, fire fighters, and EMT's.

there was a case in nearby county a few years ago where an EMT was promoted to run a firehouse - because they couldn't find any minorities to promote from inside.

The thing about firefighting, is most of the time they show up and pump water on the house to put it out. Thats all they do. They don't enter burning buildings anymore, mainly because the construction workers cut corners to save money, and have illegals doing the work. It results in something that is terribly unsafe. They used to actually try to save the house/property by going inside, but they started losing too many people. So now they only go inside when there is a chance there's a person inside.

I bring that up, because its part of the story. This guy ran this firehouse for a while with no problems.

Then a call came in. An old lady was in the bathroom ont he 2nd story of her house, the house was on fire. She was ont he phone with 911 explaining where she was.

The fire fighters were on the scene for 2 minutes while she was on the phone.

They didn't enter the building because the guy running the first truck of responders, the minority who was promoted from the EMT field, was actually afraid of fire. He would not lead his men inside (his job) when they showed up.

The woman died.

The man was place don administrative leave, and investigations were done. I'm not sure what the result was, outside of the county losing a big civil case to the family.

The woman died. Firefighters were on the scene for 2 minutse. All because someone was in a position they shouldn't have been in and had NO business being in, because they are a minority.

Everyone who works in that field that I know said the same thing - there was absoltuely NO reason that woman should have died.

GG Affirmative Action.

Shoddy
02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
There's probably not much incentive to excel at the license bureau or what have you.

Reggs
02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Some old guy who was in the NG told me that they gave women more chances to **** up than men.

Phantred
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
so i'm guessing you got passed over for a promotion and are blaming it because you are white instead of the fact that you are a ****ty worker?

the next promotion after 'owner' is retired, skipper.

maybe a black guy stoled my gf? ******s always stoling ****.

Jelly
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Detox you are in VA right?
Sounds so familiar...

Merranza
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Holy ****, lots of angry mom's basement nerds in here.

Detox.enD
it is also true that EMT/Firefighter/Police have lowered their standards for mental and physical tests. Because they couldn't get enough minorities to qualify (both in terms of race and gender).

Phantred
^ messican

Phantred
02-04-2010, 12:26 PM
god damnit detox i was pointing at the meranzales

Merranza
02-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Olé!

Detox.enD
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Detox you are in VA right?
Sounds so familiar...

yeah.

it was kind of a big deal at the time.

unfortunately it was a big deal because the fire department caused someone to die.

not because affirmative action caused someone to be a position they shouldn't have been in, and that caused someone to die.

also, a fun side note about AA:
NOVA governemtns are forced to count the DC population when they determine the proper % for quotas.
Meaning a place like Vienna, or Fairfax, or whatever, has to take their population, and add in all the minorities from DC. Which puts their % through the roof, due to the % of minorities in DC. Even though the % in a place like Vienna, is much much smaller.

Which actually discriminates against whites more than AA typically does.

Detox.enD
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I hate the idea of AA all the way around. I think the focus should be on educated them whent hey're younger - not handicapping them when they're older.

But I would be happy if they just made it so certain things were excluded. I don't want women showing up to my house when its on fire, and being unable to drag me out of bed and down the stairs when i'm 45 years old and weigh 220lbs, all because of affirmative action.

I want someone who pick up and carry a 220 lb person.

I don't give a **** what color, religion, or gender they are.

Its bulll****, and I don't care what valid excuse you have to support affirmative action - having people die because you only care about the color of their skin or gender, is ****ing ignorant.

D1nonly
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
If only there was a way where we could all be treated equally... too bad white people had to go and **** that all up isn't it? Now we all have to pay.

Phantred
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
tired of this equal bull****

we are far from equal

bam
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I pretty much agree with your sentiments Phantred. There are some cases where there are hard working public employees. Those are the ones that get **** on the most. :(