HOW DO I SNEAK IN ALCOHOL INTO THE CARNIVAL DESTINY LEAVING OUT OF MIAMI ON MONDAY?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

scythebearer
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
last cruise i went on i just had a few water bottles full of vodka. it didn't last too long but at least i saved a few dollars on drinks

Ray
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
empty water bottle + vodka

presto!

blinker
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I've booze cruised a lot, and sometimes they will check your bag for the giant listerine bottle. I've went the listerine route twice, and both times I had it removed (Once on Carnival, once on Royal Carribean)

The best way to smuggle **** aboard is something I picked up from is from some frat boys. They shrink wrap their clothes into a ball that surrounds all the liquor they bring on, essentially only so that if the cruise was to remove the alcohol, it would be a royal pain in the ass. Those guys got 2-3 fifths a piece onto a Carnival boat during spring break, so kudos to them.

Cliffs: Make it take as long as possible to grab your ****, and they won't.

StoneDanzigger
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
You just need to wrap them very securely in clothes so they dont break or rattle while your luggage is being thrown around. They are on a very tight schedule and dont have time to xray them. They just line them in the hold and let dogs sniff them. I imagine it is just for explosives, since I've seen most every kind of recreational drug while cruising.

I've been on 8 or so Carvinal cruises and never had to disguise my booze. The last one I was on (last april) they were letting people take their booze back to their room when they purchased it, I'm not sure what was up with that.

Coming back is a different story,I can remember at least 5 times being sniffed down by dogs while disembarking.

Lineage
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
but on ships they dont let you take it....you get it on the last day.
This is usually for stuff you buy in ports. I definitely bought a bottle and drank it in my room afterwards. The best part about cruises is that you can walk around with a cup of scotch in your hand and people will just merrily toast you as you pass.

Sparty
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I went on a cruise a few years back and I really dont know how I got back on the boat with alcohol in my backpack. Had a 1 liter bottle with some souvenirs, it went through the xray machine, I quickly took my backpack and left.

StoneDanzigger
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I've booze cruised a lot, and sometimes they will check your bag for the giant listerine bottle. I've went the listerine route twice, and both times I had it removed (Once on Carnival, once on Royal Carribean)

The best way to smuggle **** aboard is something I picked up from is from some frat boys. They shrink wrap their clothes into a ball that surrounds all the liquor they bring on, essentially only so that if the cruise was to remove the alcohol, it would be a royal pain in the ass. Those guys got 2-3 fifths a piece onto a Carnival boat during spring break, so kudos to them.

Cliffs: Make it take as long as possible to grab your ****, and they won't.

I've never had this problem, I ziptie my luggage closed (through the lockhole) and I've never even had my **** opened.
Unless of course they ziptie it back, but they left my liquor so I guess it doesnt matter...

reZolut
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
i was on a cruise in october and i bought a 40 of vodka at every port of call. i just carried it on in my bag and no one said a word

NoGodForMe
03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Topic was asked in Craigslist travel forum.

They're on to the vodka in the mouth wash bottle trick. They know that a huge mouth wash bottle is suspect for a 7 day trip.

They x-ray the bags, that is correct. What some have said is to leave a decoy bottle on top of your cloths they can grab easily, and they won't look farther. Under that you pack a big water bottle filled with booze.

The idea about shrink wrapping your cloths is a good one.

If they find it, they'll just take it until you get back, but you'll get on the ship. They want your money.

And I agree, even if you sneak the booze on, it's really not that much and you'll still need to buy drinks on board.

Lineage
03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I guess the message we're trying to convey here is a big fat

YMMV

staxxx
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I've been on one cruise. They wouldn't let you bring any booze or any opened containers. Someone I know refilled a few water bottles and super glued the seal back. Worked for them.

SecretSquirrel
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Replace the sea with alcohol. Throw a bucket with a rope attched over the side and hoist it up anytime you need more free drinks.

HypnosisFX
03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
If you can't afford the liqueur i should not be going on a cruise

Finski
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Just bring a big bottle of hairspray and then drink that, Vanster style.

SexxxGodSteve
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
case of water.

remove outside water bottles and fill middle ones up with clear colored alcoholic bevs.

place outside water bottles back around the ninja water bottles.

the trick is to not rip the shrinkwrap outside

ParoxysM
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
The last cruise ship I was on had a duty free shop with pretty reasonable prices. :shrug:
:signed:

I bought 2 bottles of Capt Morgan for $7 each on the first port...problem was no pop machines on the boat.

They do xray the bags coming on the boat and a 1 liter bottle of mouthwash looks like alcohol as you only need a few ounces irl.

-Jekyll
03-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Both times Ive been on a Carnival cruise I smuggled bottles in my suitcase. I just wrapped them well enough so they wouldnt break and I had no issues.

Keep in mind that you cant smuggle them in the bag you carry with you...they do Xray those bags. You have to smuggle them in the bag(s) that you give to them. There is NO WAY that they have the time to scan the thousands of bags they have to carry on the ship and deliver to each room. It just aint possble.

Soup
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
If you can't afford the liqueur i should not be going on a cruise

i like your style

blinker
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I've never had this problem, I ziptie my luggage closed (through the lockhole) and I've never even had my **** opened.
Unless of course they ziptie it back, but they left my liquor so I guess it doesnt matter...

The ziptie is a good call.

I should've also said that I really think it varies (based on what I do not know). I've packed alcohol in my bag with no concealing at all and it has gotten through, and I've also been sneaky as **** and had it taken. It's worth the risk regardless.

2 days worth of bar tabs on a ****ing cruise ship can also topple the $200 mark if you don't smuggle anything aboard.

m00ky
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Liquor is really cheap in the duty free stores on the cruise if you are of age, if not, pour vodka or gin in water bottles, brown alcohol in original listerine bottles