How much is 500 mg of oxycodone worth? -OR- Holy **** I never want it again.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ptavv
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
General curiosity question. What is the street value of 500 mg of the oxycodone syrup stuff. It's 1 mg/mL of the cherry flavor oxy liquid.

To make this thread semi-worth reading I will now tell you a tale of why I have a bunch of it that I don't want and why I never want to take it again.

Last Wednesday I had jaw surgery to fix my massively deformed lower jaw that made me look like an ogre.

To carry out this surgery they did a sagittal split osteotomy (imgs: here (http://www.maxfac.com/facial/images/cfs/36.jpg) and here (http://www.maxfac.com/facial/images/cfs/37.jpg)) as well as a LeFort I osteotomy (img: here (http://www.maxfac.com/facial/images/cfs/38.jpg)).

My plates and whatnot are in different spots and some details are different, but those images are the main gist of what they did. Seeing as how the surgery consists of cutting through my bone in large areas and then reattaching it via screws/plates you can imagine I was in a lot of pain post surgery.

This was made markedly worse because of the "complication" in my surgery. When I initially broke my jaw in sixteen places in a car accident the emergency surgery they did to reconstruct it entailed putting a plate along the left rear portion of my mandible. This plate ran about 2/3 the length from my TMJ to my chin. Over the course of the last 8 years this plate had become mostly ossified (covered in bone). Which required a few extra hours of anaesthesia, a chisel, and a lot of hard work by the surgeons, to get the plates and screws out (this was necessary because the incisions for the sagittal split can't be made with screws that run perpendicular in the way [duh]).

Anyway, I came out of surgery about two hours later than they had expected me to and thus, did not have a room waiting to admit me to. I then spent 4 hours in recovery waiting for a room to open up and shaking off the effects of the general anesthesia (you can't get good pain meds while still under the influence of the anesthesia drugs due to coma risk).

So after 4 hours of insufficient pain management I finally got a room. They gave me oxycodone. Which was great. Knocked my pain out no problem. Except that you can only take it every 4 hours (I was at 20 mg dosings). So they started supplementing that with morphene (whatever the dosage was I could take that every 2 hours).

The next 24 hours passed with me on a morphene pump and paging the nurse every time 4 hours were up and I could get more oxy because my pain was so bad. I was supposed to go home on Thursday evening, but because my pain still wasn't under control I stayed in the hospital until Friday.

On Thursday night things started to go sideways. To begin with, I started itching everywhere. Including my chin, in which I had no feeling because the nerves had been cut. It wasn't like I itched occasionally, I was constantly itching everywhere. After far too long dealing with nurses calling doctors and doctors calling the wrong nurses and a bunch of other nonsense I got some benadryl which kept the itching moderately under control (only once we went through the whole cycle again in order to get me up to a sufficient amount of benadryl).

A well known side effect of benadryl is drowsiness. No worries, sleep would be welcome respite right? Oh haha, you forgot that you've been maxing out your dosage of oxycodone for the last 24 hours and are no so paranoid and psychotic that the dream you're having in which Congolese rebel soldiers are torturing you seems totally normal. When you wake up screaming, it suddenly seems less normal, although it still feels as though it happened to you.

Eventually I was sent home on Friday with 1.3 L of oxycodone, which I gradually ramped down the dosage of and like 200 7.5/500 hydrocodones (vicodin) which I have been taking with some frequency. I have, however, completely been off of the oxy since Saturday afternoon, and never, ever want to take it again. Holy **** that drug sucks.

The Congolese soldier torture dream was just one of the ones I remember more vividly... there is also one I vaguely recall about gorallas tearing me limb from limb and a bunch of other ones that are really hazy. They were all truly terror inducing and I completely believed them to be true at the time they happened (as well as for awhile afterward).

If you're dumb and need cliffs, read this thread:
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566310

BadMoFo
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
wat

SharpShooter
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.transit-port.net/Galleries/Australian.Coastlines/images/Southern-Coast-Cliffs.jpg

Jasper
11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
:lol:

Fat Steve
11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
cliffs, ffs!

ptavv
11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Everyone knows the cliffs at this point.

This is the thread I made right after surgery:

This is what your face looks like post major surgery by ptavv - TribalWar Forums (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566310)

SuicideSnowman
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
that sucks

sargonnas9
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Wut up, Kanye?

Bodom
11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah i got pretty drunk and drank some syrups for my pneumonia which is a terrible idea in many different ways

i had some wicked nightmare dreams. id startle awake and nearly fall out of bed for half the night

Rayn
11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
500mg / oxy @ 10mg /pill @ $6 avg market price depending on market maybe 300 if you sell to a real junkie who is desperate enough to want syrup.

ptavv
11-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm not going to sell it btw. I'm just curious how much junkies pay for such a ****ty experience.

FWIW, 1.3 L of the **** cost me $10 (insurance rules).

arcadus
11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
wall of text

arsin
11-25-2008, 11:01 PM
$10 for 20mg? I think it is something like that. Dunno how you would sell 10mg of fluid tho.

ZoSo
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
500mg is a lot

10mg percocets sell for $10 here

scotsman
11-25-2008, 11:05 PM
I read the whole thing. Damn ptavv, you've been through hell. Hope your recovery goes quick

cyclozine
11-25-2008, 11:15 PM
you can probably trade it for like 2 ounces of weed

fyi

Daredevil
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
80mg is about 40 bucks around here.

Nefilim
11-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I could get $450 for it easy

Radon006
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
lol that sucks

Kurayami
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
lol @ people that break their faces to be accepted by society/women.