[Doctors] My toenail is completely detached from the nail bed [Pic]

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Brasstax
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Make a salve of ginger and semen.

PotatoBoatCaptain
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM
If it doesn't hurt like a mother****er when you try and pull it out, pull it out. If you've got some kind of disinfectant, use it. Then wrap your toe in bandages and haul ass to a doctor in the morning. This happened to me once when my toenail was ingrowing like a bastard, that's what I did.

Oktane
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
That happened to me one time when I stubbed my pinky toe on a table. It ripped the nail almost completely out (was just hanging by one corner). I was too scared to **** with it so I just let it be and about a week later the nail just fell right off. There was never any pain involved other than when I stubbed it, and it actually grew back in much quicker than I expected, and thank god it did not come back ingrown, that's what I was really worried about.

Infinite
07-11-2008, 06:07 PM
happened to my pinky toenail

just pulled it off

didnt make a thread about it

Yankee
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Ir probably tape it loosely and wait for it to fall off, rather than risk more damage

aur0ra
07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
****ing chop off the toe, it will hurt less than having the toe nail grow back ingrown. Happened to me, I had to have the nail surgically removed twice before it stopped growing back.
Btw your toe nails grow right out of the bone so I wouldn't recommend pulling it off without a freezing agent, I believe the chinese used that method for torturing people....

TruSoulja
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Had the same thing happen to the toe beside the big toe on BOTH of my feet. It was from poorly sizing my hiking boots when I hiked the Grand Canyon. That was 4 months ago and the nails finally fell off (clipped one, the other I have no idea where it went).

I am glad though, the nail bed underneath is much better than being afraid of ripping the nail off every time I put socks/pants on.

Twi$ta
07-11-2008, 07:07 PM
let it turn black and it falls off by itself

meatcycle
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
i had the exact same thing happen from basketball last year

i taped or bandaided it pretty much all the time until i was certain it wouldn't accidentally rip on its own. wait for the new nailbed to grow underneath. the point of keeping the semitorn off one on top is to protect it + provide a physical barrier for the new nailbed to follow so you don't get ingrown nails

gl ptavv.

Yup. That's pretty much what I would do when it would happen to me. Don't rip it off prematurely. The new nail will pretty much push it out of the way.

Don't be surprised if the new nail looks like it has a big bump along the front edge as it's growing out. You don't have to worry about it, once your nail is fully grown the bump will get clipped off when you would trim your nails.

CrazyTexan
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
That happened to me one time when I stubbed my pinky toe on a table. It ripped the nail almost completely out (was just hanging by one corner). I was too scared to **** with it so I just let it be and about a week later the nail just fell right off. There was never any pain involved other than when I stubbed it, and it actually grew back in much quicker than I expected, and thank god it did not come back ingrown, that's what I was really worried about.

Same thing happened to me with my big toe. Just put a band aid over it. Eventually it will fall off on its own. In my case I was in bed and I went to move my foot and it just flipped right off. You won't want to wear flip flops for a while though...

Milk-Man
07-11-2008, 09:26 PM
remove it and use the hole for semen shooting practice

HatMan
07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
****ing chop off the toe, it will hurt less than having the toe nail grow back ingrown. Happened to me, I had to have the nail surgically removed twice before it stopped growing back.
Btw your toe nails grow right out of the bone so I wouldn't recommend pulling it off without a freezing agent, I believe the chinese used that method for torturing people....

I used to know a guy who had all ten toenails ingrown. If I remember right, he ended up having all the toenails permanently removed.

ptavv
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I've thought about having my toe nails permanently removed. I kill them way too often (skiing and soccer are hard on toenails :/)

It looks horribly painful with a long recovery time though

Brasstax
07-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I've thought about having my toe nails permanently removed. I kill them way too often (skiing and soccer are hard on toenails :/)

It looks horribly painful with a long recovery time though
Not sure what's wrong with you. But there are plenty of us that did a ****load of soccer and skiing and never had a ****ing toenail fall off. Probably just bad luck.

ptavv
07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Back when I used to ski race everyone used to lose a toe nail or two. It depends on the type of skiing and how serious you are about it I guess.

Maybe I just have ****ty toenails.

timecode
07-12-2008, 01:35 PM
when i was little i kicked my friends bike and my toenail came off................ grew back though.

ptavv
07-12-2008, 11:02 PM
I went for a run this evening. Came home pulled my shoes/socks off and my toenail came off with them.

So now I have no toenail on my big toe :(

Solve et Coagula
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
yum bet it looks nice all the way off

Ive ripped off both the big toe nails, pinky toe nail and all of finger nails at least once

Tanj
07-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I just came in here to see the picture and was disappointed by its lack of quality. Shame on you.

ptavv
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.vanillawinter.com/img040.jpg