friend's stupid dog ate...break fluid?

NinjaFetus
07-13-2007, 07:01 PM
over msn:

"**** this dog is so STUPID
she gets into everything!
she got a tube of anti-seize compound, like for brakes ..cars and stuff. IF SHE DIES I'M GOING TO BE SO MAD."

apparently the package says "if ingested do not induce vomiting"

why would it say that? what harm could come from getting it out of your system? Does this stuff have some type of chemical reation with things you would normally eat to induce vomiting?

DDS
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
because once combined with the stomach acid, it can be even nastier

the dog needs a stomach pump

If your dog has ingested a substance that you suspect is toxic, your first step is to identify the substance in question. Once you know what he ate, call the Animal Poison Control Center - 1-888-426-4435.
A $45 fee may be applied in some cases.
The good people at this hotline will be able to tell you if the substance is caustic or not.

mjoe
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
i think it has do do with the fact you wouldn't want it going back up your throat and into your mouth again. but call poison control

anti-freeze?

Vanster
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
if it has methanol in it, she could die, yeah

JoMo
07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Dead dog.

Psyc
07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
is that fluid for when you're on vacation?

i normally just call that alcohol

Philipsz
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
That dog may die soon but until then it will be able to stop on a dime.

aScotiA
07-13-2007, 07:26 PM
this is the only 'break' fluid i ever drink

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/anchor_beer.jpg

Psyc
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
this is the only 'break' fluid i ever drink

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/anchor_beer.jpg

i already beat you to that joke

Code4
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
vab doggie

aScotiA
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
i already beat you to that joke

i ignored you so long ago that i can't even see your post nor reply to you ;)

anyway, anti-seize is like a metallic-looking compound which is usually brushed onto spots which commonly corrode (such as lug nut bolts). Brake fluid is much different and probably worse to ingest in the short term. I'd imagine anti-seize would have a more longterm effect and might cause some liver damage (like mercury). The dog will probably be fine... but I'm not exactly sure what's in it or how much the dog got into. I can't imagine it would be very enticing.

Psyc
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
i ignored you so long ago that i can't even see your post nor reply to you ;)

anyway, anti-seize is like a metallic-looking compound which is usually brushed onto spots which commonly corrode (such as lug nut bolts). Brake fluid is much different and probably worse to ingest in the short term. I'd imagine anti-seize would have a more longterm effect and might cause some liver damage (like mercury).

oddly enough, anti-seize + salt water = sand

Vlasic
07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
The dog isn't the stupid one.

Your friend is an idiot for keeping something like that within reach of the dog.

I hope the dog dies for its sake. I'm sure it has had enough neglect.

JohnMcClane
07-13-2007, 07:53 PM
i already beat you to that joke

yeah but he posted a pic