Anyone have family screw them out of inheritance?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

donnykrun
12-05-2006, 06:30 PM
**** u fags

crying over ur inheritances and ****, who gives a flying ****. sorry you didn't get anything handed to you for free you undeserving ****s, i'll go cry about it now.

i'm not going to inherit ****, but i'm more than happy to go out and earn my own buck, i don't need a ****ing handout.

I've had to work for everything I own myself as well. I think it was one of those classic "What if" thoughts. I think the worst part of it was how it drove a wedge between my family back then. Its obvious they went their separate ways and basically never spoke to each other again. Its a real shame how the greediness of a few family members can split a family apart. To this day when I tried to contact my rich relatives about genealogy info. they do not want to talk to me. Like I'm asking them for something other than info or pics. You see they probably know what happened.

nSpectre
12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
My fathers net worth was about 3.5 million dollars.

His wife of 2 months got it all. He commited suicide, mainly due to her *****ing, nagging and constant life of hell she created for him.

She even tried to get the 100k life insurance that he had IN HIS 5 CHILDRENS NAMES. Cost me $6k in lawyers fees to get my $20k portion due to that greedy turd.

Wow. She pulled that off in only two months? :huh:

CHA-CHING!

Animo
12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I was the one in my family who screwed everyone else out of their inheritance

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
we're all so wealthy here in the new world.. it's ****ing retarded that people will break up their own families just for some money to buy a new truck or whatever meaningless crap they crave

Semantik
12-06-2006, 08:33 AM
the stuff my grandmother gave away pissed me off, not because she gave it away, but because she gave it away outside of the family. My grandfathers side of the family had been passing some of that stuff down for many generations...the pistols, daggers, swords etc...even a carved family crest that had been passed down from father to son for hundreds of years...he has nephews etc that live nearby, but nooo..my grandmother made sure that it left the family...which pissed me off...but like i said, oh well....my grandfather was a kick ass guy, awesome really....my grandmother is an evil shrew...who couldnt give a **** less about anyone....even her best friend said she will be buried with no funeral because no one gives a ****...

Viracocha
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Both my parents are gone and I got nothing from either estate.
Aint life grand?

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 02:18 PM
the whole concept of being "screwed" out of an inheritance is a load of ****. basically you're making the assumption/statement that you are entitled to something that's not technically yours and crying because **** didn't go in your favor.

I'm personally hoping my parents get themselves a nice reverse mortgage and spend everything they have before they die, leaving us kids to fight over nothing more than a bunch of useless knick-knacks no one really wants.

I don't want to deal with the hassles of inheritance crap...maybe it's because I'm fairly well established in my career, making good money and all, but I hate the idea of my lazy brother getting the house because he's too lazy to go out and get a job and education necessary to make it in the world, or having to fight to kick him out of it and to sell it so we could split the estate like I'd assume my parents would like.

Phantred
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
the whole concept of being "screwed" out of an inheritance is a load of ****. basically you're making the assumption/statement that you are entitled to something that's not technically yours and crying because **** didn't go in your favor.

A load of ****?

I'm not quite ready to croak, but I know that when the time comes for me to go, I'd like to leave everything I have to family or friends. I'd like to **** on anyone who even THINKS their opinion on what I do with my money\posessions is worth the time it takes for me to hear it.

Whoever I leave my **** to is god damned ENTITLED to it because it's mine, I worked for it, and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it.

Few things are as irritating as people who think they should have a say in other people's business like this.

NoGodForMe
12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
My dad has a 500k tax free life insurance policy that goes to me, but I'm still worried something will happen that will mess it up.

Mom and dad give me 12k a year because that's the gift limit before taxes. It goes to my Roth IRA, the kids gift trust, and the house taxes. So there's really nothing left over, but it helps.

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 02:39 PM
A load of ****?

I'm not quite ready to croak, but I know that when the time comes for me to go, I'd like to leave everything I have to family or friends. I'd like to **** on anyone who even THINKS their opinion on what I do with my money\posessions is worth the time it takes for me to hear it.

Whoever I leave my **** to is god damned ENTITLED to it because it's mine, I worked for it, and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it.

Few things are as irritating as people who think they should have a say in other people's business like this.
:nag: :nag: :nag: learn to ****ing read.

you're looking at the question from the perspective of you leaving **** to someone else. the OP's question comes from the perspective of being on decedent end of the question.

so lets say you die and you left one of your kids less than he thought he should get. would you say that he's being "robbed" of his rightful inheritance, or would you say that he's being a whiny little *****?

Phantred
12-06-2006, 02:49 PM

you're looking at the question from the perspective of you leaving **** to someone else. the OP's question comes from the perspective of being on decedent end of the question.

so lets say you die and you left one of your kids less than he thought he should get. would you say that he's being "robbed" of his rightful inheritance, or would you say that he's being a whiny little *****?

I guess if I was addressing the orginal post, I would have quoted it instead... maybe?

Sure, 'wah wah wah I didn't get as much money as I should have' is being a whiny ***** when you got exactly what was left to you...

'wah wah wah my inheritence got eaten up in lawyers fees because of my long lost alcoholic step brother' might still be whining, but it has merit.

'the whole concept of being screwed out of inheritance is a load of ****' is an incorrect statement and I pointed that out. Don't let it eat you up inside.

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 03:04 PM
'the whole concept of being screwed out of inheritance is a load of ****' is an incorrect statement and I pointed that out. Don't let it eat you up inside.
the very concept of being "screwed" out of your inheritance is from the perspective of the receiver, not the giver. the only way you can say, "OMG I WAS SCREWED" is if you can say with absolute certainty that you knew the wishes and desires of the dead person. if you can prove that, woo hoo, you get your inheritance and you're not really being screwed. if you can't, you're probably just a whiny little *****.

so yes, it is a load of ****. everyone on the receiving end who's not getting what they think they should thinks they're being "screwed" out of their inheritance. they can't all be right.

and that's why it's a load of ****.

Phantred
12-06-2006, 03:13 PM
the very concept of being "screwed" out of your inheritance is from the perspective of the receiver, not the giver. the only way you can say, "OMG I WAS SCREWED" is if you can say with absolute certainty that you knew the wishes and desires of the dead person. if you can prove that, woo hoo, you get your inheritance and you're not really being screwed. if you can't, you're probably just a whiny little *****.

so yes, it is a load of ****. everyone on the receiving end who's not getting what they think they should thinks they're being "screwed" out of their inheritance. they can't all be right.

and that's why it's a load of ****.

Lawyers, family, and money is THE recipe for screwed.

I find it hard to believe that you think no one ever gets screwed in a situation like this.

There are many situations that lead up to good people getting screwed out of inheritance, if you want to say it doesn't happen all the time, well, you're right, it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but to say it never happens and that the very concept is 'a load of ****' is WRONG.

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Lawyers, family, and money is THE recipe for screwed.

I find it hard to believe that you think no one ever gets screwed in a situation like this.

There are many situations that lead up to good people getting screwed out of inheritance, if you want to say it doesn't happen all the time, well, you're right, it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but to say it never happens and that the very concept is 'a load of ****' is WRONG.
it's a load of ****.

"whaaaaaa I didn't get what I deserve!!!!"

you're an idiot if you can't see this.

dionysus
12-06-2006, 03:23 PM
My great grand father on my mothers side owned about 7 blocks of the town I live in now, it was only recently turned into a suburb in the 60's 70's, other than that it was mostly open land. The street my grandfather lives on him and all his siblings have a house on that street right next to each other. When his mother died she was senile, and his sister, and brother in-law conned her out of all the money. She currently gave her house to my cousin, built one for her daughter, and moved to florida, and bought a Condominum Complex for seniors. Needless to say They don't really talk anymore but they all still live on the same street.

Also when my parents were newly-weds they were supposed to get the grandmothers house, but instead of doing that my mom's aunt sold it for about 185,000, it was a 6 bedroom house, with 4 baths, and a half acre for a yard.

Now in my town a 3 bedroom house with 1 bath easily goes for $450,000.

Phantred
12-06-2006, 03:25 PM
it's a load of ****.

"whaaaaaa I didn't get what I deserve!!!!"

you're an idiot if you can't see this.

So a dad works hard his whole life, and wants to leave what little he has left at his time of death to his only son, but his step son from his second marriage whom he has never met contests the will, and 90% of the estate has to be sold to cover the legal fees, only to find out what everyone knew and the the will said in plain english 'give all my **** to my son.'

son tells his buddy that his long lost step brother, lawyers, and the legal system screwed him out of his dads gun collection, the car they restored together, and some cash he really didn't care about.

So his 'i got screwed' statement is 'a load of ****' because in cognizofa's reality, we've just ignored anything that makes any sense and assumed it's a load of ****.

Riiiiight.

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
So a dad works hard his whole life, and wants to leave what little he has left at his time of death to his only son, but his step son from his second marriage whom he has never met contests the will, and 90% of the estate has to be sold to cover the legal fees, only to find out what everyone knew and the the will said in plain english 'give all my **** to my son.'

son tells his buddy that his long lost step brother, lawyers, and the legal system screwed him out of his dads gun collection, the car they restored together, and some cash he really didn't care about.

So his 'i got screwed' statement is 'a load of ****' because in cognizofa's reality, we've just ignored anything that makes any sense and assumed it's a load of ****.

Riiiiight.
he thinks he got screwed, but he didn't :shrug: his father failed to spend $500 on prep work to properly CYA.

whaa whaa whaa. I didn't get what I deserve.

Phantred
12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
he thinks he got screwed, but he didn't :shrug: his father failed to spend $500 on prep work to properly CYA.

whaa whaa whaa. I didn't get what I deserve.

So your idea is that a will can't be contested if it is done right?

or is your idea that lawyers work for free?

cogzinofa
12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
So your idea is that a will can't be contested if it is done right?

or is your idea that lawyers work for free?
my idea is that those are costs inherent in the system. might as well complain that government is stealing your money through taxation; it's equally retarded.

Phantred
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
my idea is that those are costs inherent in the system. might as well complain that government is stealing your money through taxation; it's equally retarded.

Wow.