Whats the avg number of men a woman has slept with by the age of 25-30?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

SegaRob
09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I hate sexually active women? :lol:

Look... there are two questions:

1. what IS the average
2. what do you WANT to be the average

I'm simply saying that in the states i think the average is prolly 3-4. There are a lot of girls who simply dont sleep with a lot of guys and are hooked up for good by 25.

Obviously, you also have a whole range of girls who experiment, slut themselves out or just simply have been in a lot of relationships. Even then, i highly doubt the average among these more promiscuous folks is 10+ by age 25. I just saw one report with a quick search, that surveyed college students and recent grads age 18-25 which indicated a figure around 3-4. If that's the case for college girls... it's not going to much higher for general population averages 25-30, even tho dating tends to get more serious at that time.

It isnt about "expectations of virginity" or purity or that ****. It's just a question of what the empirical truth is or isnt.

http://www.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/prtnr_chart.jpg

I suspect that's prolly not too far from the trth, and that study included all types of secondary experiments into whether folks were being truthful.

what's the y-axis for that graph? i'm having trouble trying to read it..

Annoying
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
what's the y-axis for that graph? i'm having trouble trying to read it..

probably quantity of people off the survey - i.e. survey out of a 100.

EDIT: probably percentage

-§trife-
09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I think anyone who is saying anything much higher than 10 is answering a different question than the one posted in the title. Maybe something like how many men have the girls I know to be moderately-to-highly sexually active been with. Sure there are total sluts but there's also girls who won't have sex (or not a lot of casual flings) because they're married, abstain for religious reasons, are insecure about men/sex because of their upbringing, or have low sex drives to begin with. Hell, many women can't even orgasm at that age.

I think TseTse's figure is probably pretty accurate with a rather large standard deviation (meaning lots of sluts but also lots of not sexually active women).

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
TseTse,

the reason i got a "hating sexual women" vibe off you is because you said "sounds like a lot of you know a lot of sluts"

basically you're saying that a girl that has sex with like 15 people by age 25-30 or whatever, is a slut. I think that's bull****, since it's very easy for most of those SPs to be in the context of a long term relationship. And that's where most sex happens among the people I know. Having 5 long term relationships in 5 years is not slutty, it sounds comfortable to me. People in healthy relationships have sex.

You would never call any of the girls I know a slut to their face, you'd probably see them and assume they are some kind of angelic virgin. Or at least, I bet Kurayami would. If you then heard of how many SPs they've had, you'd then call them a slut?

My numbers are probably wrong, I was just extrapolating from the people I know based on time. What stood out to me was how you were labeling people with those numbers sluts, when personally I really don't think it's slutty at all if you sleep with someone that you've gone out with for a year.

I do know this one girl who basically loves sex, and has no social inhibitions, and she isn't scared of sleeping with whoever she wants. She has 1 night stands all the time. I guess my definition of slut isn't based on a number, it's based on some kind of neediness that they try to fill with penises.

anyway whatever, i can tell arguing with kura about this wont go anywhere. he is a prude all the way to the core. kura is focused on numbers, taboos and social acceptibility rather than health. Which is probably why no women tell him honestly how many guys they've slept with. They know he'll judge them for it.

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
also, because of the attitudes of most guys, for example the guys in this thread, i'm pretty sure most girls are always gonna lie. they're always going to give a low number, because they know so many guys will judge them based on it

imo i get accurate numbers from girls because they know i wont judge them.. but i still bet they are leaving some things out

i think some of you would be even more suprised at how many normal seeming girls have had lesbian encounters in private. they arent going to tell anyone about it though unless they feel very comfortable around the person and know they wont get it thrown in their face.. i've personally been suprised at what girls i've known for years have told me they've done with other girls... i would have never suspected it if they hadnt told me

TseTse
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
TseTse,

the reason i got a "hating sexual women" vibe off you is because you said "sounds like a lot of you know a lot of sluts"

basically you're saying that a girl that has sex with like 15 people by age 25-30 or whatever, is a slut.

1. i didnt say any girl who has had sex with like 15 people is a slut

2. given the really high "estimates" folks are saying, i joking said folks here "happen to know real slutty women" and then added a smiley (i.e. IT WAS A JOKE)

if a 25-30 year old gal just simply dates a lot and perhaps had 4-5 serious relationships as well, they could easily hit 10 guys without being a slut whatsoever.

but that isnt the norm, as far as i can tell.

and i say that living in NYC which is one of the ultimate places on earth for single 25-35 year olds. i just realize that MOST women arent actually runnnig around actively dating and sleeping with many guys by that age.

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
thats cool i just misread you as a kurayami type, sorry

now kurayami, there is a kurayami type :O

MC Hamster
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/prtnr_chart.jpg

I suspect that's prolly not too far from the trth, and that study included all types of secondary experiments into whether folks were being truthful.

I'm trying to work out how that's possible... How the 'average' man can have 32 sexual partners, while the 'average' woman only has 8.

The only possible answer I can think of is rampant homosexual promiscuity. Otherwise, 1 sexual partner for a woman = 1 sexual partner for a man. The only way men could have so many more sexual partners than women is if there's vastly more women in the world than men (32:8 means a 1:4 ratio) or that ****loads of men are having sex with other men (and that lesbians are far more discerning, for that matter)

The numbers just don't work

cogzinofa
09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm trying to work out how that's possible... How the 'average' man can have 32 sexual partners, while the 'average' woman only has 8.

The only possible answer I can think of is rampant homosexual promiscuity. Otherwise, 1 sexual partner for a woman = 1 sexual partner for a man. The only way men could have so many more sexual partners than women is if there's vastly more women in the world than men (32:8 means a 1:4 ratio) or that ****loads of men are having sex with other men (and that lesbians are far more discerning, for that matter)

The numbers just don't work
in american pie 2 they talked about guys overinflating their number of partners and girls underreporting their partners. I think they called it the "law of three," or something like that. for guys you divide the number of partners they've had by 3, for girls you multiply it by 3. yes, I know that was a movie and all.

however, there's a chance that these reported numbers aren't entirely accurate. if you double the number for women and halve the number for men you end up with numbers that more or less match. :shrug:

TrojanMan421
09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Women are whores.

There was a study recently that concluded what we've all been saying for centuries.

Women tend to underestimate the number of partners they've had because they try to count them in their heads.

Men tend to overestimate their number of partners because we guess.

LMFAO

MC Hamster
09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
in american pie 2 they talked about guys overinflating their number of partners and girls underreporting their partners. I think they called it the "law of three," or something like that. for guys you divide the number of partners they've had by 3, for girls you multiply it by 3. yes, I know that was a movie and all.

however, there's a chance that these reported numbers aren't entirely accurate. if you double the number for women and halve the number for men you end up with numbers that more or less match. :shrug:

That's fine, and yes.. assuming that people are lying is one way to account for any discrepancy, albeit a very ****ty one.

However.. (to quote the post that accompanied the graph):

So they either botched the 'secondary experiments', or had a whole ****load of highly promiscuous gay guys in the sample (and a minimal number of corresponding promiscuous lesbians to balance them).

cogzinofa
09-06-2006, 10:05 PM
So they either botched the 'secondary experiments', or had a whole ****load of highly promiscuous gay guys in the sample (and a minimal number of corresponding promiscuous lesbians to balance them).
yeah, I saw that bit...but I don't quite understand how you'd decide if they're telling the truth or not. it's not like people always lie or always tell the truth. sure, you could ask a series of questions to try to determine if they're inclined to lie about their sexual history, but assuming that it's based entirely on information submitted by the individual I fail to see how they could really control for liars.

"how many partners have you had?"
"23"
"are you inclinded to lie about your sexual history?"
"no"

basically, you could answer any number of questions about your sexual history truthfully, and still over or under report without impacting the rest of your answers.