Anyway to get out of paying for towing costs (car got towed)?

Pages : [1] 2

-s2-
12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
2 of the workers from our store parked their car in parking lot of the hotel right by us. The hotel left some guy to watch who was leaving their cars and had about 10 cars towed. It's going to cost them $276 each to get their cars out, but I was wondering if there was anyway to get out of paying the fine.

We know people who stay at the hotel who would be willing to say we were coming to see them, but the signs say "Hotel Guest Parking Only" so I'm thinking it wouldn't even matter. I'm guessing that we're assed out as soon as we pay the towing place to get the cars, one of those by signing here you waive all rights to deny responsibility type of deal.

Anyone ever had success with getting out of a tow charge, and does paying the tow place mean I'm **** out of luck?

Gotta get to work but I'll be back to check this later.

Kerosene31
12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't park illegally.

No. They already towed the car. They aren't going to be nice and just forget about it.

Dispatch
12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
nope, if you ever want to see your car again you have to pay

JDizzle4Rizzle
12-16-2005, 02:40 PM
The tow company has to get paid either way - all you can really do is complain to the hotel management that your car was towed - by that I mean, you need to get a guest to tell the management that their car was "stolen," and they'll assume that it was towed. They should get the car back for the guest (aka you).

SniperOmega
12-16-2005, 02:42 PM
its now the towing companies buisness, and they are going to squeese as much blood/money out of you as possible, no exceptions.

+ dont park illegally

At0mic
12-16-2005, 02:48 PM
When your car gets towed like this, you are allowed to dispute it in court. This happened to my gf's car who was parked across the street from my house, they towed her only after a few hours. (was in a normal parking lot at an apartment complex) and we had the option to dispute it in court.

NoGodForMe
12-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Not only are you ****ed, you'll be lucky if the cars comes back with no scratches or dents.
Towing companies are assholes, just like moving companies. Once the car gets into their lot, they **** it up and hold it hostage. They bash it into other cars, then charge you for dollies.

If you know any lawyer friends, that's who you need. Take a hidden camera along with you and video tape the car in their lot for damage. They'll say they didn't do it.

The hotel and towing company are seperate. You have to pay the towing company right now to get your car back, or they'll charge you for extra days. The hotel will say the signs were posted, and they won't pay you back. You could complain the dude messed up and you want him fired. You'd have to find his boss, and then write nasty letters or get a lawyer to sue in small claims court.
Put a sign up at your store telling people not to visit the hotel.

Your friends need to say they were just visiting and the guy made an error. They need to deny, deny, deny any wrong doing.

TonyElTigre
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
even when the cops tow your car you have to pay for it, I have my car stolen and it cost me like $1200 to get it out of impound because the cops lost it.

CaptainZero
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
lollers, your car got towned, lollers

kwolf
I hope one of those guy's that got their car towed goes postal and shoots you in the chest with a 12 gague.

Fool
:lol: tards

CaptainZero
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
is it stealing to break into an impound and get your car back?

There's something ****ed up about them being able to take your vehicle and not give it back. What if you don't have the money to get it out? You're ****ed. Are there laws governing how much they can hold your car hostage for?

Fool
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
don't park illegally then

TonyElTigre
12-16-2005, 03:43 PM
is it stealing to break into an impound and get your car back?

There's something ****ed up about them being able to take your vehicle and not give it back. What if you don't have the money to get it out? You're ****ed. Are there laws governing how much they can hold your car hostage for?

not really, at some point they will auction your car off. Take the money then continue to send you bills fot the amount of your tow and impound. Its a ****ing racket, thats why i wanna own a tow yard

CaptainZero
12-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Here's what you do:

Call the tow company and tell them your car is broke down and you need a tow. When they show up to the scene with their wrecker, you hold the driver by gun point, steal his truck. Then call the tow company and negotiate a hostage trade.

Someones Old Account
12-16-2005, 03:46 PM
The only way to not pay towing costs is to not claim your car. Let them auction it off.

CaptainZero
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
not really, at some point they will auction your car off. Take the money then continue to send you bills fot the amount of your tow and impound. Its a ****ing racket, thats why i wanna own a tow yard

See, I've never been towed, I don't park illegally. But if I did get towed, I would be so ****ing pissed, at myself and them, that I'd probably blow a fuse and show up at the impound lot with guns blazing.

Especially I was in a hard place where paying to get my car out of impound meant the difference between paying my rent/eating.

WarMachine
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
If you're man enough to play around with check fraud I'd say try that route.

Edit: actually it's not considered writing a bad check if you write it, and immediately put a stop payment on it when you give it to them.

At0mic
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, they'll auction off your car... charge you for the towing and the nights there and then even charge you like $200 for an "Auction fee" is what it stated on the paperwork i've seen.

Terra
12-16-2005, 04:10 PM
I once got towed illegally. One morning, I parked where I normally park at the usual time of 5:30 am. The guy who was supposed to put up the sign "No parking during 8am til 3pm" forgot to do it so there were no signs and the street was filled with cars.

They towed it, gave me a ticket and made me pay $300 for towing. I fought the ticket and won, but they said since I already paid for the towing, I'm ****ed on the tow money.