medical staples and my head( pics )

Pages : [1] 2

Wheat-Thin
01-11-2004, 04:50 PM
so i did a number on myself last night and i got to spend 4 hours in the ER. staples in my head. it was fun(sarcasm). i had a CT scan done, ekg, iv, all kinds of cool(very expensive ****) done.

so yeah.. anyway. let me ask if anyone knows wether or not i can get my head wet. i need to take a shower. the doc guy said i could shampoo and get it wet(aka - take a shower and wash my hair) as long as i dry it real good. when i was leaving the nurse doing the discharge said to NOT get it wet. wtf?

webmb was no help, im getting ready to just call up there and ask to speak with a doctor. someone here MIGHT know though so eh.

edit. ****. let me get them uploaded to my server real quick.

MeSlayer
01-11-2004, 04:50 PM
haha 1st and your over your limit already : o

wasabi
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
rusty staples in your head == good for you

blackpeople
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
i got a booboo on my leg today

skywalker
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
If you do it carefully, it can't really be bad for you. It's not as if water could damage anything - the inside of your face is wet anyway. Just don't get them caught in a towel?

what is this number of which you speak, anyway?

Frumpy Frampton
01-11-2004, 05:00 PM
wtf 2nd thread today with pics in title but no pics

also tell story plz.

Wheat-Thin
01-11-2004, 05:00 PM
im trying to upload the pictures but we cant seem to remember the login to our ftp.. so uh.. anyone got a host?

*edit*

this is the story as far as i can remember. i was sleeping and my roomates wanted me to go get some food, so i was going to be nice and go get them some. i get up put my shoes on and go to the bathroom. i finished going to the bathroom.. and i got that feeling like when you stand up to fast?.. yeah. next thing i know i wake up in the bathtub(half in half out).

i wake up and im like "wtf" wash my hands and i had this weird feeling on the back of my head, so i put my hand on where its coming from.. and its all bloody(ah.. ****). go downstairs and im like.. i need to go to the ER. they said from the time they heard the thump to the time i came down was roughly 2 minutes(1-1.5 of that me upstairs washing my hands/trying to figure out were the **** the blood was coming from) so i was out for probably a good 30-45 seconds.

according to the roomate that saw me first, he said i was stark white. arrive at ER at 145am. me being between 1 job that had insurance and the military which has insurance( i leave in NINE DAYS GOD DAMNIT). anyway. they check my BP. it was low(obviously). they come get me a CT scan(which btw is ****ing cool-the machine itself, its like something out of star trek or something.). they come in, take blood, give me iv, numb my head, give me 6-7 staples.. and off i go. my head was pounding. i left the ER at roughly 5 am.

they didnt find anything wrong on the CT scan. everything checked out good, no concussions or anything. they said i probably just fainted from standing up to quick from laying down.. or fell asleep since i was amazingly tired.

so.. thats the story... or what i can remember eh.

stasis
01-11-2004, 05:07 PM
If you do it carefully, it can't really be bad for you. It's not as if water could damage anything - the inside of your face is wet anyway. Just don't get them caught in a towel?
if they rust out that could be bad
but i'd think if you dry them off fine they shouldn't rust and even if they did it would take forever for it to happen...
but if it did happen, you'd get tetanus (lockjaw)... if you haven't been immunized lately

but i'm no doctor, don't take my advice as fact

stasis
01-11-2004, 05:08 PM
im trying to upload the pictures but we cant seem to remember the login to our ftp.. so uh.. anyone got a host?
http://upload.serverseed.com/

K-Rex
01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that medical staples won't rust.

morons.

logmans
01-11-2004, 05:10 PM
even if they did rust would it really be a big deal ?

vempire
01-11-2004, 05:12 PM

morons.
No ****. The staples are probably made of titanium. That's what the one's in my chest are made out of.

Like the modern medical world would be putting in staples that can oxidize...

K-Rex
01-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey man, lets make some staples out of LEAD!

Wheat-Thin
here are 2 pics that my roomate took after the fact. i really wish he had brought it along with him to take before pictures but.. we werent really thinking straight. thanks to tysoft(????) for the host.

these were taken at 5megapixel so detail is awesome.

http://upload.serverseed.com/images/418-Head1.1.jpg

http://upload.serverseed.com/images/369-Head2.1.jpg

[Stealth-RG-]
When i cracked my head open i wasn't aloud to get my head wet. I had to wear a plastic cap in the shower and try my best not to get it wet. i would stay away from getting it wet. Although it probably varies from case to case.

stasis
01-11-2004, 05:16 PM

morons.
...or, you could just not take the risk - which could end up having a pretty ****ty outcome ?

even if they did rust would it really be a big deal ?
in the timeframe until they are removed (... couple weeks at most?) probably not

edit; and they're probably more worried about the wounds then the staples i'd guess but i wouldn't be the one trying to take any chances

Wheat-Thin
01-11-2004, 05:16 PM
yeah, i just called them and they said i could get it wet.. just not for prolonged periods of time and dry it really good.

they come out in 10 days. but the doc said they could come out before i leave for basic if it healed good.(8 days)

HelenKeller
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
so what did you do?

HelenKeller
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
oops nm :p

[Stealth-RG-]
01-11-2004, 05:18 PM
hk you noob