How to tell a nice guy his breath stinks?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Channel 03
08-12-2003, 12:15 PM
So I work with this really nice older guy who's fairly new and comes over to my desk frequently to ask questions. He likes to talk about the weather and tell jokes about how Microsoft sucks (Winblows, plug&pray etc) which is kind of annoying in itself but he means well so I just ignore it..but his breath is like something I've never experienced before.

Honestly his breath smells like pure dog crap. I'd say even worse than dog crap because I've potty trained a dog and don't remember it being this bad when I picked it up his loads with paper towels. If dog crap could have an experation date and go rotten then this must be what it would smell like. Right now he is facing the opposite direction about 12 ft away from me and I can still catch whiffs of it which is astonishing to me. It's unbelievable. It's ruining my days. I would not be surprised if this person brushes his teeth with petrified crap, flosses with dog pubes, and gargles with diarrhea like it was mouthwash before coming to work.

The way this guys personality is the type where he would really get his feelings hurt if I told him his breath stinks so that's why I don't just simply make a casual joke about it and offer some gum (which I believe would disintegrate upon touching his toungue). I've thought about sneaking a note on his desk but I think somoeone would see me and he would somehow find out. A search on google reveals that he may have some kind of tooth decay or an advanced form of gingivitis so maybe there isn't anything he can do about it.

So how do I let this guy know his breath is ruining my life?

Realjones
08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
"your breath stinks." **** his feelings, he'll get over it. Or you could continue to deal with his breath.

BadMoFo
offer him a stick of gum (laced with aids)

I4nicate
stop
comeback
you need a tic tac
not a tic or a tac
but the whole damn pack.

Moker
08-12-2003, 12:17 PM
my boss had breath like you are describing.

I had to tell him straight up.
it is not going to go away either, it's their stomach you're smelling

Glow
08-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey **** breath, got a tictac?

daerid
08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
my boss had breath like you are describing.

I had to tell him straight up.
it is not going to go away either, it's their stomach you're smelling
The only way it's gonna go away is a radical change in diet.

Sometimes smoking can promote that kind of stench, as well.

I4nicate
08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
I don't mean to be mean
but you need some listerine
not a swish or a swallow
but the whole damn bottle.

K-Rex
08-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I know this really hot girl that has chronic halitosis. She's tried everything to fix it but cant. Sucks because I always tried to hook up with her until I found that out :ugh: Probably hurt her feelings if I puked on her face right before I kissed her.

The-ill-man
08-12-2003, 12:21 PM
nice poem

I4nicate
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Be indirect about it. Try not to be mean. Just hint at it subtly with a passive question like: Did you eat **** for breakfast?

Putrid
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
"would you care for a mint?"

"no I mean really, have a mint."

and then have on hand the best mints known to man like altoids or something.

if he doesn't take the hint then you tell him all nice like,,,

"dude, you need to take care of your breath, if the mints and regular oral hygine don't work see a Dr. "

but no need to be an ******* to the elderly type workers :)

:bouncy:

fibulator
08-12-2003, 12:27 PM
start bringing chewing gum and other breath candies. offer them to him every 30 min hell get the picture

spydur
08-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Simply offer him some gum or something next time you have a pack on you.

S0C7
08-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Start with "Get the **** away from me, Cavity Creep!"

big
08-12-2003, 12:32 PM
hello fellow co-worker
would you please seek the advice of a certified dentist - your breath makes my working hours totally miserable
thank u

bigbigger9
08-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Just tell him his breath smells bad...

IHateU2
08-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Are u british cuz uve got bad teeth

^Kodiak
08-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Send him an email with a link to this thread..

big
08-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Just tell him his breath smells bad...

you stoled my nick