Filling someone elses prescription

Pages : [1] 2

oDDable
04-10-2003, 10:22 AM
I have a used up bottle of vicodin that my friend gave me. Being that his name is "Derek Zumbach-Ohora" and I'm about as honkey as they come, I can't really impersonate him.

What I'm wondering is can I just go down there and tell them that he has a broken leg or something and that I'm filling the prescription for him or are they gonna try to rule**** me?

Vampire
chances are they're not going to give it to you

Ceiling_Fan
I wouldn't consider catching you doing something illegal as "Rule****ing"

SirLaggalot
04-10-2003, 10:23 AM
they will fill it for you, np's

Tatiyana
04-10-2003, 10:24 AM
given it's Vicodin, they might throw a hissy fit...if it was something minor, they'd probably let you get away with it. Why can't you just ge the friend to go refill it and give it to you?

james
1. How old are you? (this is important)

2. Is there a refill on the Vicodin? Don't bother trying to refill it if the doc didn't mark a refill on the prescription.

oDDable
I wouldn't consider catching you doing something illegal as "Rule****ing"

Well, it wont appear as though i'm trying to do something illegal, as i'm just "getting my incapacitated friend's prescription filled. I doubt they are going to call the fbi.

What i'm wondering is if they are going to ask me for a written note or some **** to prove that i'm doing what i'm saying.

I'm thinkin it would go through np though.

james
04-10-2003, 10:25 AM
fyi, once or twice i had to show ID to pickup controlled substances

oDDable
04-10-2003, 10:25 AM
1. How old are you? (this is important)

2. Is there a refill on the Vicodin? Don't bother trying to refill it if the doc didn't mark a refill on the prescription.

1. I'm 19
2. One refill by 8/02/2003

Cringe
04-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Most places have the automatic phone refill system, as long as the prescription has refills left in their system. You can call in the automatic refill over the phone, you don't even talk to anyone. Then when you get there, you just tell them the last name and first name, they grab it, you pay, the end. I have been to like 5 difference places for refills, and they have never asked me for ID once. They just ask for the name. Hopefully you won't be asked for ID, if you are, just run as fast as possible out the door :)

SirLaggalot
04-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Just go do it. It's not illegal to pick up a prescription for someone. I cant count how many times I have done this.

Vampire
04-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Well, it wont appear as though i'm trying to do something illegal, as i'm just "getting my incapacitated friend's prescription filled. I doubt they are going to call the fbi.

What i'm wondering is if they are going to ask me for a written note or some **** to prove that i'm doing what i'm saying.

I'm thinkin it would go through np though.

Nowadays they're more careful about these things, without being a family member, its going to be a bit difficult.

oDDable
04-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah I'm thinking I'll just go down and pull off my best acting job and see what happens.

Sir Lucius
04-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Do it but you have to take them all on a web cam while chatting in irc.

Don't ****ing do it if you're not hardcore.

oDDable
04-10-2003, 10:30 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~shoa

LoneGunman
04-10-2003, 10:45 AM
i work in a cvs pharmacy, we newer ask for id, as long as its got refills just call in the refill to whatever pharmacy it came from, theres no need to mention that its not for you, and then just go and pick it, but make sure you give them more than enough time to fill it since thats what pisses me off the most(when their back to pick up their prescription 20 minutes later after you told them an hour). when you pick it up just say the name and there should be no problem

ps- vicodin is 90% tylenol, all its gonna do is put you to sleep, its not even worth it

SirLaggalot
04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
why does it take you pharmacists longer than 20 ****ing minutes to count out 30 pills. I have never understood that. Gah, its like you guys move in slow motion or something.

Ceiling_Fan
04-10-2003, 10:53 AM
why does it take you pharmacists longer than 20 ****ing minutes to count out 30 pills. I have never understood that. Gah, its like you guys move in slow motion or something.

Because there's usually a backlog of prescriptions. Plus they have to submit the request to the insurance company. And I'm sure there's some stocking procedure they have to go through to keep track of their pill quantities.

Tatiyana
04-10-2003, 10:54 AM
because yours is not the only prescription they are filling? Try 20 people needed scripts filled, some with multiple scripts, not always in pill form...usually if they say 20 it only takes 10, but they have more than your script to fill, so be patient.

SweetbabyJ
04-10-2003, 11:23 AM
I have a used up bottle of vicodin that my friend gave me. Being that his name is "Derek Zumbach-Ohora" and I'm about as honkey as they come, I can't really impersonate him.

What I'm wondering is can I just go down there and tell them that he has a broken leg or something and that I'm filling the prescription for him or are they gonna try to rule**** me?

Go down where? To the dr.'s office? If you have a prescription or a refill most pharmacies will fill it, you don't need ID.