t-90177 The One = worst movie Ive seen in a long time (eom) [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

The One = worst movie Ive seen in a long time (eom)

Pages : [1] 2 3

crazybob
11-10-2001, 11:58 PM
eom

Rave
11-11-2001, 12:00 AM
werd.

Saw it tonight with a few friends.

At one point when they're in his house it's night-time (when they first enter) and like 10 minutes later it's morning again. Did I miss something?

How about the ending? ;)

crazybob
11-11-2001, 12:02 AM
that part got me too..

so.. heres a guy who can punch through solid steel.. and some old black dude is going to punch him to death?

He can dodge bullets with ease.. and they think by pointing a gun at him that he is going to calmly walk back with them and go to prison?

jesus

Kharn353
11-11-2001, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Rave
werd.

Saw it tonight with a few friends.

At one point when they're in his house it's night-time (when they first enter) and like 10 minutes later it's morning again. Did I miss something?

How about the ending? ;) yeah i noticed that

SiLvEr^IcE
11-11-2001, 12:06 AM
he can't dodge bullets at point blank range, that's the best movie I've seen in a while

CapnPyro
11-11-2001, 12:08 AM
I am Yulaw, and I am nobodies *****!

crazybob
11-11-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SiLvEr^IcE
he can't dodge bullets at point blank range, that's the best movie I've seen in a while

um.. yeah he can.. scene in the house.. the one from the commercial. Two bullets, he dodges one, deflects one with his gun. Later, dodges another fired by the cop in the motorcycle scene..

fight scenes were actually good.. but plot/action were.. just.. terrible

FlaminMonkeyGod
just try not to think too much

crazybob
Originally posted by CapnPyro
I am Yulaw, and I am nobodies *****!

stupidest line from the movie:

"hes got a pretty mouth"

Zoidberg
11-11-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by crazybob
fight scenes were actually good.. but plot/action were.. just.. terrible

Wait, you expect more from a Jet Li movie? Do you go to see Jet Li fight, or do you go to see him sound like a freaking dumbass when he speaks?

I am not making fun of his accent. Jackie Chan sounds just fine when he speaks.

Jet Li sounds very affeminate, and emotionless.

His perfect role? Lethal Weapon 4... he shuts up and kicks everyone's ass :)

edit: Twin warriors was good too!

crazybob
11-11-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Zoidberg

Wait, you expect more from a Jet Li movie? Do you go to see Jet Li fight, or do you go to see him sound like a freaking dumbass when he speaks?

I am not making fun of his accent. Jackie Chan sounds just fine when he speaks.

Jet Li sounds very affeminate, and emotionless.

His perfect role? Lethal Weapon 4... he shuts up and kicks everyone's ass :)

edit: Twin warriors was good too!

good point.

although I wasn't terribly impressed with his moves, more with the sfx. Chan's moves are better, imo

Thug Life
11-11-2001, 12:36 AM
It was okay, but the end was a little weird. I wouldn't pay the 8 bucks to see it though.

Bodom
11-11-2001, 12:39 AM
Jackie Chan > all

and he practices his lines all the time. His english isn't that great. Watch Rush Hour outtakes (1 or 2 or both) and you see how bad he messes **** up... or if you've seen him on Leno...he has a heavy accent. The only reason he he sounds normal in his movies ise because he practices them A LOT

WiT
11-11-2001, 12:44 AM
Before I hear any mo Jet Lei bashing, go watch any of the "Once Apon a Time in China" movies there are like 4, well 5 if you count the "prequel" Iron Monkey. They own all and just watch it in Chinese and read subtitles. God dam American producers ruining Jet Lei

Kittie
11-11-2001, 01:35 AM
:withstupi

cancer
11-11-2001, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by crazybob
but plot/action were.. just.. terrible

i hope you weren't expecting it to be good in the first place....

HomeSlice
11-11-2001, 01:40 AM
It sounds to me like America is finally out of its "Asian Whoop-ass no plot" movie faze.

WiT
11-11-2001, 01:41 AM
absolutely nothing "Asian" about The One

apollyon
11-11-2001, 01:53 AM
i dl'd it and watched the first ten minutes of it

****ing gay - i deleted it

meatcycle
11-11-2001, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by WiT
Before I hear any mo Jet Lei bashing, go watch any of the "Once Apon a Time in China" movies there are like 4, well 5 if you count the "prequel" Iron Monkey. They own all and just watch it in Chinese and read subtitles. God dam American producers ruining Jet Lei

The once upon a time in china series is awesome. tough to find though.

If Iron Monkey's a prequel, then so are the Drunken Master series which star Jackie Chan. They're all about the same character, Wong Fei-hung, at different stages in his life. Iron Monkey, when he's a kid. Drunken Master, when he's an adolescent. The Once upon a time in china, he's supposed to be a young man.

Pay attention to Wong Fei-hung's special move, which is sometimes referred to as the "No Shadow Kick". It's pretty different in every movie since not all the movies are by the same directors, and different martial artists play Wong Fei-hung. So everyone has they're own interpretations of what that move is :D

--meatcycle