[Guns] Vermillion Weapon Systems [2013]

Vermillion1

Veteran X
Edit: Woops suppose to be 2012

Just wanted to create this thread to mark the occasion. I've teamed up with a local machine shop to produce one of kind rifles. Its not about making money, but fabricating and making awesome looking eye candy that is unique and not in production.

Our first project is going to be a 1000 yard .308 auto-loading rifle the likes you have never seen before. A ton of custom metal work is going into it and its going to have a modern yet future touch to the chassis system.

When we are done my goal is to make a .308 that feels like a .22LR and will be capable of semi-auto rapid fire bulls eyes at a few hundred yards. All without a mounting system at all. (Yes you can pick it up and move around with it, can't cheat and add 50lbs worth of steel!)

So bookmark this page and I will update come March 2013! :D

ps: Its going to be so tacti-cool that Hudson and Gandalf will shit their pants! And then ask how much to have one made!

:ladysman:

Last edited:
good luck - take plenty of pictures along the way... would be awesome to see the rifle come into it's final form overtime, like the osmethae car restore thread.

Make functional versions of these please. Thx u.

250px-Shortstop.png

final_alice5.jpg

18870_0874_1_lg.jpg

Zorg.jpg

I`m speechless, not to mention horrified.

This will end well I`m sure. Nothing can go wrong here, nothing.

I remember the time i saw fast and the furious. After the movie i teamed up with a local machine shop to custom build cars. I designed the body, frame, engine and drive train on lined notebook paper. Then i sent the specs to my guy.

Two years later he had the parts ready. I picked them up and was so excited i assembled it at home right then and there.

I slapped some old plates on it and have been driving it ever since.

Note: none of the above is true, it`s not true because it was a stupid idea and I was wholly unqualified to design a precision machine that requires very tight tolerances to not only function, but function without killing myself or someone else.

Nope, nothing can go wrong.

Hudson, ouch broskie.

I'm the designer, not the fabricator - so rest easy.

The guy I'm working with has been doing custom firearm parts for a few decades locally. We won't be dealing with a lot of moving parts either.

I was the designer of my car too. The guy who made the parts made was the fabricator.

I hope to god you are either, joking or have some kind of education we dont know about.

Considering when colt designes a new gun they have engineers that do it not some guy who bought his first firearm a year and a half ago. You are going to get someone seriously hurt or killed.

If you`re taking an current firearm and doing custom work that still is generally done by an experienced and qualified gunsmith.

If you`re completely creating a new firearm that requires much much more.

I really don`t know what else to say..........

Also, if I was going to try to start making highly accurate rifles, I'd start with making a bolt action. Much, much, much simpler over all, and it would give you good experience with the design and manufacturing of the most important part of making a rifle: the chamber, barrel, and crown.

Then once you have that shit figured out, then make one that's semi-auto.

Back