Terra Nova vs Falling Skies

AnubiS

Veteran XV
What yall think.

Terra-Nova-FOX.jpg

falling-skies.jpg

Also, is there a new hot chick in true blood?

FS can not be salvaged. Why in the flying fuck do all these post apocalyptic shows turn out to be stupid soap operas with obnoxious "family themes" and braindead writing?

Ok, so I just read the premise for this show and it seems like a terrible fucking idea. Time travel back 85 million years ago, wouldn't this essentially erase their previous timeline if people were able to discover the remnants from their civilization or whatever? Or are we just pretending that the asteroids would destroy everything?

Asteroids seems like a valid excuse. Assuming there is some validation for only being able to go back past that point. Or something. Whatever.

My review on the night of the first episode of Failing Skies:

Yawn, alien invasion, humanity valiantly fighting back.

I'm 30 minutes in and so far I'm not liking it.

1. The show has to rely on those random bad synth sounds to fill the audio void in a pathetic attempt to create atmosphere. Synths do not replace good writing.

2. The aliens suck. They look like someone dicked around with the Spore Creature Maker.

3. Fucking over used tropes. Everwhere.

4. In a shameless plug for some stupid skateboard-like toy a kid receives for his birthday, there is a touching scene (we know it's touching because of the bad synths) where the kid rides the toy while everyone smiles and watches. And the kid is wearing a helmet. End of civilization, aliens killing all humans except for the ones they enslave, but oh no... you have to comply with safety regulations.

In short, I want the aliens to win and kill them all, but not enough to watch this.

Failing Skies was horrible, but I still watched every episode.

I can't believe it got renewed.

Avatar Nova might be better, but probably not by much. (hey, look at that kid over there on the skateboard - let's place an advertisement for the stupid thing right in the middle of the show!)

Falling Skies was painful to watch up until the last 2 or 3 episodes. Overload of poor characters, strange acting, too many children, too much emphasis on children. The Pope dude is cool throughout, but the storyline just blows up until the end. I'll check out season 2....

I will be watching Stargate: Jurassic Park tomorrow night, hopefully it's cool.

Torchwood: Miracle Day is incredible and worth watching. 10-12 episodes and only 1 of them could have been scrapped.

Back